Winchester Motor Company Ltd - Winchester..

DGW

I have used Winchester Skoda before they were Skoda (VW in fact) and have always found them to be courteous and helpful. I do have some knowledge of car mechanics and electrics which might have perhaps dissuaded from excessive suggestions at times but have been more than happy to recommend them to anyone who needs a good garage. The sales team, like all salesman/women, need to be taken with a pinch of salt when some claims are made but if you make it clear what you think about some their statements you should have no problems.

• 3 months later...

I used Winchester Skoda today.

Unfortunately, while the service staff were lovely and very helpful (credit where credit is due), the state of my car when returned was unacceptable.

The light grey seats in the vRS were filthly, covered in black marks and scuffs. Every seat, like a technician had decided to roll around like a maniac throughout the car.

Whilst I appreciate the difficulty of keeping the seats clean for owners, it must be a nightmare for technicians, but the state of the seats is totally unacceptable.

I've emailed Winchester Skoda and Skoda UK to try and resolve this matter to a satisfactory standard, with them bearing the cost for the cleaning.

I just hope a satisfactory solution can be found, I will update here so people can see the responses and how this matter progresses.

Edit Update:

Had a reply from Winchester Skoda asking me to take the car back for them to look at the seats, they've agreed the state is unacceptable and they will have the car professionally valeted at their cost for me.

I have to wait for a call back on Monday, so will update again then.

Edit Update2:

Winchester Skoda are taking the car back tomorrow (27/09/2013) providing me with a courtesy car and having the seats cleaned by a professional.

I will again update tomorrow!

Edit Update 3:

Took the car back to Winchester Motor Company today. They did a full valet and clean, very happy with the result. And pleased with the overall outcome. Will be going back in future.

Edited by BJB540

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Winchester Motor Company are terrible  enough said!

Took my VRS to be service there got back and realised that it had been damaged in their car park obviously no admission of liability but they wouldn't let me look at CCTV footage either. After threatening to take matters up with the CEO and bring a small claims court case whilst refusing to pay for my service it was eventually sorted out with a full respray and they also touched up some other paint damage. However throughout this they were just plain rude. To be honest I would rather take the car to Peter Cooper VW under their price match promise as the service there was always amazing with my old Bora.....

Edited by pierst1

• 4 years later...

Bought my Fabia 3 1.2 TSI 110 SE L from Winchester Motor Company in June this year. Overall I’ve been happy with the dealer and the car, haggling went all right as we knew exactly what we wanted to pay and what we wanted thrown in.

Scott was very friendly, approachable and went above and beyond to ensure I was happy with my purchase. 

There was a mix-up regarding the warrenty, as we were told we would get 2 years coverage as part of a deal offered by Skoda UK for cars older than a certain age. It turns out the Fabia I had just bought was a month too young to qualify, Scott called me the moment he realised this and after a word to his manager he managed to get an extra year of warrenty for the car out of the dealership’s pocket.

The car was ready to pick up 4 days later and Scott made sure everything was ready to go as soon as we arrived.

I also rang up the service department to check whether my car came with voice preparation and the team were excellent to deal with and got back to my query promptly.

Thanks to Scott and service team for providing excellent customer service with a smile. I haven’t had any issues with the vehicle so far and it’s been a joy to drive!