Broadbridge Heath

Horsham

RL12 3LP

01403 334251

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Details updated

Originally posted by 4X4Octavia - Tue Nov 11, 2003

My personal experience is poor (and I stress it is my personal experience). The site itself is small and crowded with NO customer parking so on arrival you are parking on double yellows. Service staff were polite until they couldn't fix my car, but after having the car for a total of 7 days spread over three visits they started avoiding my calls and not returning calls... The problem with my car was fixed by another dealer 20 miles away....

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by 4X4Octavia - Tue Nov 11' date=' 2003[/b']

My personal experience is poor (and I stress it is my personal experience). The site itself is small and crowded with NO customer parking so on arrival you are parking on double yellows. Service staff were polite until they couldn't fix my car, but after having the car for a total of 7 days spread over three visits they started avoiding my calls and not returning calls... The problem with my car was fixed by another dealer 20 miles away....

Sorry to hear that, I've been using them for about three years and find thier customer service second to none.

• 3 months later...

I tried to buy a new car there in Feb. My local dealer in Hersham had the typical 'Surrey' attitude so I thought I'd try Station garage. Had a test drive with a very young salesman, no problems there, and he knew the product. Got back to the dealership and asked him to give me his best price on a fully, and I mean fully, loaded L&K 2.0 TDI DSG Octy2 estate. The sales manager was busy blah blah blah and I would get a call back. Guess what. No call. I ended up spending my 24K in Devon at a dealership which knows how to treat customers. It seems that Station have the Surrey disease too.

• 8 months later...

I bought a 2litre TDi Octavia new from Station Garage in Dec. 2004 (just prior to them moving to Ewhurst). The young sales guy was very attentive - read keen - and knowledgable. They delivered on time, but messed up the spec (to my advantage). The car has been back for servicing twice, and once for a recall to check the clutch. Both were trouble free and their service seems to have improved over time. They don't have a courtesy car available too often, unless you book way in adavance. I'd give them 8/10.

• 11 months later...

I'd like to say what tremendous service I have received from the same garage. Having read your comment, I listened with a sceptical ear as their sales team gave me promises about service, mot, cooling-off period, parts and labour warranty etc, yet the garage has come up trumps every time. Particular commendation goes for the intelligence and courtesy of the workshop manager. I shall be using this garage again and will be recommending it to friends and colleagues.

• 1 year later...

I've been twice & shall never return.

The two sales people I've dealt with have been offhand & apathetic and bordering on just plain rude, when you compare this to the two other garages I've been to Garland & Allams (Epsom) then I'm seriously amazed that this lot stay in business at all.

Sales guy today didn't know that the offer on the Octavia was for both VAT & 0% finance, he said I could only have one or other not both (Wrong!), he told me that a load of options that I wanted on the vRS were not available (Wrong on all but one!)

Useless. Don't bother with this lot, they need attitude adjustment! :orb_angry

• 2 months later...

Bought a new car there recently.

Liked:

They would let you take cars for a test drive unaccompanied. No sales pressure. Reasonable sized site with good selection of vehicles. Nice local roads to drive on. Seen to promptly when entering the showroom.

Disliked:

Didnt get the best deal but can't blame them for that, my fault for not knowing about DtD at the time. Misslead me on the delivery time but again could have been skoda missleading them....and no interest in compensation for later than promissed delivery.

Overall found them quite friendly and not an unpleasant experience. Would go back again but armed with more bargaining power knowledge (DtD etc)

Seeing last two posts have to echo the experience, used them for servicing my last Octavia and generally impressed with service department, they sorted out compensation from Skoda Uk, when turbo failed at 80k. Never an issue with loan cars provided you booked well in advance, picked up on warranty work that needed doing.

But sales not so impressed at replacement time, very off hand, not keen on offering any form of deal, list price thats it was the attitude. They lost out went 90miles down the road got a much better deal.

• 2 months later...

Used them to get my new car. Found the salesman (Duncan) excellent throughout. The price as advertised - no VAT on car and accessories + interest free credit. Car arrived on time as promised (slightly early in fact) as advised when the order was placed. Will report back on servicing. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

PM me if you want any more feedback.

Bought a VRS - thought the sales staff were excellent especially the aforementioned Duncan - delivery was glacially slow but then they did keep us informed. I think that they are all well into their cars and that helps.

Service ? dunno yet but will let you know - thus far im very impressed

Again, purchased my Fabia vRS from them, once again i had excellent service from the sales man Duncan, he even drove to Dorking (around 15-20miles) to pick me up from the train station so that i could test drive the vRS.

I needed the car very quickly (Same Day) after the test drive i did a bit of haggling and got them to knock of £800 the price and Wash+Vax and do some Vag-Com coding (beeps when locking and un-locking anti-hijack) and and a tank of diesel all in the same day! Also to make it even better once i had done the deal at around 12:00 i asked for a courtesy car so i could go and get the cash from my home 45mins drive away and they gave me one!

Picked the car up at 4:30 the same day in great condition with all the works completed as promised!

I could not have asked for better service!

Update....

1 Week after having the vRS i had leaking door seals, called them up booked it in to be fixed the next day, again got a courtesy car and was all fixed my 14:00 with no charge and they had done a Wash+Vax again!!

So for me they have been fantastic and i would deal with them again.

Dave

• 7 months later...

This is our second new car from Station Garage.

Colin dealt with the ordering of our Yeti and it was totally hassle free, got a call to say when the car was being built and another call when the car was in the country and winging it's way to the dealership on the back of a car transporter.

Picked the car up on Sunday morning. Again, hassle free, just a few signatures and away we went.

No problems with the service side either, always get a courtesy car when needed and i've sometimes waited while my car was serviced.

Highly likely that we will get another car from there in another three years.

The only downside is that the parking isn't brilliant but then again most car dealerships are like that, might be something to do with the fact they sell cars............

• 1 year later...

I recently traded in my 2.0tdi Octavia for a newer FSi vRS at Station Garage and was impressed with the service I received.

My only other dealings with them was a year or so ago when the headlamp alignment on one side went crazy and they adjusted it for me gratis.

Swapping the old car in for the vRS was pretty painless - I got a fair p/x for mine & everyone there was friendly & attentive, particularly Duncan who dealt with the sale.

Only one niggle was the iffy lighting at the rear on the newer car but this turned out to be an incorrectly-specced bulb & all's now good.

Yes, parking is a bit problematic but there are 6 or so spaces at the servicing end of the operation & every time I've visited at least 2 have been free so don't let it bother you if you're planning on visiting.

HTH,

DW.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been there for over 2 years, they're 5 miles from where I live so the nearest dealer by a long way, their attitude from when I made my initial approaches then still makes me angry.

Thanks. Looks like people's experience differs. If only one garage could get it right all the time (well, 99%, say) then I suppose there'd be no others. I suppose garages are run by accountants rather than engineers these days ...

• 4 months later...

Thought its time to add to this, after two and a half years two new yetis I have found the sales side very good and helpful, Colin handled both my new yeti orders and always kept me informed on how it was going, if Colin was not in or out on a test drive Duncan would always help and find out anything that I needed to know, both always friendly.

The service side of the dealership is as good as the sales, on my first 1.2tsi I had the engine management light come on late one afternoon, I rang Luke the service manager and he said bring it in, arrived at 4.30pm and they sorted it there and then working way past the closing time, can't fault the service at all.

As for parking, as mentioned before they have room for 6-7 cars at the workshop end, but like all dealerships they sell cars and have a good large stock of used cars which they can only sell if they can be seen, so for service park by the workshop and for sales there is a village car park further up the road 2min walk away, just park there if you need your car valued they will go up there while you go for a test drive.

I will use them for my next car be it a yeti or a good used car as they have lots to choose from SKODA VW FORD LANDROVER and others

• 7 months later...

Anybody had a car serviced here recently? Just trying to decide where to take my one-year-old Yeti for its first service. Unfortunately some of the local (to Basingstoke) garages don't get too good a review ...

I have used them for both my Skodas (fabia vrs and Octavia L&K) and the service and staff has always been top class. I have a Skoda dealer 2 mins walk from my house but instead I drive 40 minutes to Ewhurst as I fully trust them with my car.

• 4 weeks later...

Ewhurst it was, two or three weeks ago. No problems at all, booked in easily with Luke via email and a courtesy car was waiting for me on the day. They said my car would be ready by 5PM, I asked if I could have it back by 3PM, they said "shouldn't be a problem" and at 2PM I got a call to say it was ready whenever I'd like to pop back and collect it.

So, a good experience

• 8 months later...

Station garage has now moved to a new site, 

78 BILLINGSHURST ROAD

BROADBRIDGE HEATH

HORSHAM 

WEST SUSSEX 

RH12 3LP

0843 3201719

The new site is very large and all the stock of cars are on display, and there is still room to park when you visit for workshop or show room, can't see parking ever being a problem, the workshop is very large, and showroom has 8 cars in with loads of room to walk around them, plus space to park new cars in the showroom for a warm and comfortable handover.

Very impressed with the new site and it only 10-15 min away from the old site. 

• 2 months later...

My yearly question -

Anybody had a car serviced here recently? Just trying to decide where to take my two-year-old Yeti for its second service. I used them last year and they were fine, but I see that they've moved and when that happens things might change ...