Station Garage - Horsham

DGW

Things have changed, for the better larger workshop more parking, and very helpful staff.  Give them a go you will be surprised by the new premises.   

Bought mine from here.

Very nice guys, when I was still trying to decide, they spent ages talking me through things without any guarantee of a sale.

Friendly, knowledgeable and not at all pushy, I recommend them. Compared to the response I got from Motorline VW a few miles away and you wouldn't believe that Skoda was the budget brand of the two!

If ya nearby, drop in, decent people...

• 4 weeks later...

Also just purchased a car from these guys - have to say very helpful, no pressure on the sale.  Was going to let me take the vehicle out for a test drive unaccompanied but as I didn't know the area, Adrian the sales person offered to come with me.

I asked them to de-badge the car for me and unfortunately the badges were broken in the process, although they've offered to buy me replacement ones that should arrive sometime this week.

During the pre-sale check, the tyres were found to be fairly worn so they replaced the two rears foc.

Most impressed ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Took my 2012 VRS in for a service today - I bought the car at 17,000 miles, had it serviced at 26,000 miles earlier this year for free under the 3 year/30,000 mile/3 free services Skoda deal.

I do 100+ miles a day so by the time my 3rd service indicator appeared I was up to 36,000 miles which is WELL in excess of the Skoda free services deal.

Station Garage got in touch with Skoda and they agreed to do this service for free under goodwill despite me being so far over.

Very pleased.

• 2 years later...

Anybody considering purchasing a used vehicle from Station Garage in Horsham should exercise extreme caution. My experience of buying a year-old Yeti from this dealership has been an unhappy one. An alleged failure to disclose the full history of a vehicle is now, on the advice of Skoda UK, subject to an arbitration process by the Motor Codes organisation. Skoda UK, to whom I first put in a complaint, have been exemplary in trying to moderate between myself and the dealer but, due to the dealer's intransigence, were ultimately unable to help. Station Garage's belligerent and somewhat novel attitude to customer relations betrays a credo that seems to be: "admit nothing and under no circumstances ever apologise". Under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) it is illegal to withhold any details that could affect a purchase decision about a car at the point of sale. Advertising or giving the impression that a car has had one previous owner which later transpires to be a rental company is a breach of Office of Fair Trading guidelines. SMMT guidelines say "salespeople should be clear about the provenance of an approved vehicle that's provided to them by a manufacturer. If a dealer fails to divulge information at the point of sale that could affect a purchaser's decision, it's committed an offence under the Consumer Protection Act and could be prosecuted". I note that there are other, less than complimentary, comments about Station Garage on this forum; sadly I was made aware of them rather too late in the day to encourage me to go elsewhere. In contrast Garland in Aldershot have been a breath of fresh air. Caveat emptor...!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to highly recommend Station Garage in Broadbridge Heath, Horsham.

Have now purchased three cars from there (2 new under PCP - Citigo for fiancée and Fabia for mum) and recently Octavia Estate for me (2nd hand)

Absolutely faultless salesmanship time and again.

After sales also brilliant.

• 1 year later...

So far I've been a bit unimpressed by Station Garage. The sales process was fine (helped along by the fact we already had a deal via CarWow & knew exactly what we wanted), but since the order was placed we've had absolutely no contact other than one email to say the car was due on 29 Dec (it's now 6 Feb & it's just got on the boat from Emden). No confirmation of the build date, no revision of the expected delivery date, nothing. It's only because I've been on Live Chat quite frequently that I know the car is actually on its way.

I may revise this opinion once we actually pick the car up

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 11:25, Mr Statto said:

So far I've been a bit unimpressed by Station Garage. The sales process was fine (helped along by the fact we already had a deal via CarWow & knew exactly what we wanted), but since the order was placed we've had absolutely no contact other than one email to say the car was due on 29 Dec (it's now 6 Feb & it's just got on the boat from Emden). No confirmation of the build date, no revision of the expected delivery date, nothing. It's only because I've been on Live Chat quite frequently that I know the car is actually on its way.

I may revise this opinion once we actually pick the car up

And even after it arrived at the dealership it was me who had to phone them to find out when we could collect. They had assumed we wanted to wait for the 18 registration, but if it had arrived a week or so earlier we'd have wanted it immediately. Since then I've also tried to get the finance switched from Mrs Statto to me & have been promised a call twice without any success. I'm just in the process of writing a stroppy email to the sales manager so it'll be interesting to see what comes back from it. Picking it up on Saturday (though they were reluctant to even let me do that).

1 hour ago, Mr Statto said:

And even after it arrived at the dealership it was me who had to phone them to find out when we could collect. They had assumed we wanted to wait for the 18 registration, but if it had arrived a week or so earlier we'd have wanted it immediately. Since then I've also tried to get the finance switched from Mrs Statto to me & have been promised a call twice without any success. I'm just in the process of writing a stroppy email to the sales manager so it'll be interesting to see what comes back from it. Picking it up on Saturday (though they were reluctant to even let me do that).

Well that was quick - just had a very apologetic call from the salesman to try to rectify the relationship. He's going to throw in a set of mats & a full tank of petrol in return for an improved survey response, maybe I should have pushed for something more but couldn't think of anything I wanted off the top of my head!

Sounds very much like a bribe to me.  The level of service is the level of service.  This kind of practice re-iterates how the car trade behaves.  At best I would decline filling in the survey when it arrives and take the mats and fuel as compensation.  Up to you though.

• 6 months later...

Bought a new Karoq from here. Having researched what we were after and using carwow very happy with the service so far. Always able to park there, clean, spacious and enough stock to look at as well. Our sales guy was excellent, as was the handover. Very patient with us and never been anywhere where you can rock up and have a test drive, which we did here. 

Minor point to improve were communication on delivery date, but I think that this was more down to Skoda than the dealership. Will comment on servicing and ongoing customer care when get to that point. 

I would happily recommend them, as this was also all in comparison with VW and Volvo dealers