Motorline Skoda - Gillingham..

DGW

Can't remember his name but he is probably early to mid 50s grey hair and ruddy complection. He is Glenn the young sales guy's dad. To be fair he was civil to me at the Octavia launch and I have a good relationship with Barry and the sales team so I may go back should I want to get rid of my mk 1 vrs which would not be yet. I have looked after it and i still can't find a better motor for my need: economy, punchy acceleration and relaxing on a run. I thought the new Mk 2 VRS would but despite DSG and dual charging was much more frantic. Oh welll we will see.

• 4 weeks later...

I brought My Monte Carlo off Glenn whole thing went smoothly and very helpful. So no issues there.

As from a service point of veiw no real issues other then my seat wear they said was down to clothes causing friction but im compaint is the the foam inside crumbling, i didnt argue but may take it too motorline dartford or beadles for a 2nd opinion.

I tried asked for discount on parts due to being in the trade they refused, welk next time il supply them the parts as at work we run a couple VWs and get good prices with the local TPS branch.

• 2 months later...

Car went in for it's first dealer service yesterday at Sherlodge at 19509 miles. When calling around for costs this is what I was given as quotes: Beadles Maidstone wanted £254, Dartford wanted £196 and Sherlodge wanted £197. Sherlodge is 5 minutes from me, so booked it in there.

Dropped it off at 8am, had a call at 11:30 saying it's ready to be collected. Got to the dealers at 5:25ish last night and was told it was a little bit less in the end, and final cost came in at £194.09.

Car was mostly washed lol, but would rather do this myself anyway. All in all I am happy, service was good and they didn't scratch my car like the last dealers did :)

Would take it back here again if service stays as it was.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nasty squealing noise from the back of the Octy on Friday. Quick check through the spokes of the alloys and I saw that the pads were basically gone and the discs fairly heavily worn too. Phoned Russ (usually find he's the best one to deal with) at 17:00 Friday, booked in to 10:30 Saturday, got the car back 11:30 Saturday, new discs and pads done: no problems. £190 all in. Didn't have to get my hands dirty and was without the car for less than 2 hours.

People moan about dealers and dealer prices, but, so far, in my experience Sherlodge are doing quite well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had the citigo serviced there on Saturday, brilliant customer care. The service was done fairly quickly and they even let me have a look under the car to answer one of my questions!

My service plan meant that I didn't need to pay out but even so I was still treated as a paying customer!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had the citigo serviced there on Saturday, brilliant customer care. The service was done fairly quickly and they even let me have a look under the car to answer one of my questions!

My service plan meant that I didn't need to pay out but even so I was still treated as a paying customer!

Service plan or not Dealers should treat you that way purely because its the most important way to retain a customer.

• 4 months later...

Sherlodge have been bought out by Motorline Group. Now known as Motorline Medway. Garage forecourt is going so they can expand car sales there.

Did wonder why the garage closed down all of a sudden. 

I know that Barry always wanted things setup differently......the showroom/servicing across the back with the forecourt full of cars in front.

Have had good service from Sherlodge, hope that's not going to change with the new owners.

The petrol station hadn't that long ago gone though a rebrand either. They have started to take stuff away now. It was never really going to compete either with Tescos, Sainsburys and Darland all so close, and cheaper.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was suitably underwhelmed by my recent visit. One guy was sound on the phone before and in person - the other two gave me the impression that serving me was a massive inconvenience.

• 3 months later...

I just had a very mixed experience, turned up at 7:30am to drop my car off for a service and I was on my way in a courtesy car within 10 minutes. I received a call at 4pm to tell me my car was ready for collection.

That was the good bit.

When I went to collect the car the mileage written in the service book and on their paperwork was almost 600 miles higher than the actual speedo reading. Not a massive issue in the big scheme of things but I'm putting the car up for sale this week and a discrepancy like that can cause issues and raise doubts with potential buyers.

When I pointed out their error I didn't even receive an apology and the customer service rep's attitude became very frosty. It was only a colleague intervening that got us anywhere, I'm now expecting an email from them tomorrow confirming that the VAG database has been updated with the correct service mileage.

I then asked whether the car diagnostics was set up for fixed or variable servicing. 10k miles ago I was told by a service rep at another dealership (Corfe Mullen in Dorset, a good bunch of guys) that a previous garage seemed to have switched it onto 10k mile fixed intervals but advised me not to get it changed back to variable until after the next service (60k) due to the cambelt change.

In the service book today they had written that the car is on variable intervals. I asked the service rep if they had switched it from fixed to variable without being asked (I had forgotten to mention it when I dropped the car off). He at first tried to blag me that it had always been on variable, then when i explained how I know it hadn't he then just said "it makes no difference, as the oil costs the same". I explained that it makes a massive difference, as I may get almost double the mileage between services on variable servicing intervals.

The service rep then changed his story entirely (without checking with the workshop or any paperwork) and told me that they actually had switched it on to variable intervals for me. Amazingly I don't believe him for one second...

Edited by robdan

They were idiots when I used them. Did a good job of making me feel like an inconvenience. Although - to be fair - the one younger bloke I spoke to on the phone couldn't have been more helpful. I called 2 minutes before they closed and he stayed on the phone until he'd answered all my daft questions. The rest. Pah.

They're no worse than Beadles though who operate that total BS type of customer service where they call you sir but don't really mean it.

Edited by joncc

• 4 weeks later...

Just switched to these guys after 3-years of Beadles BS (seem to have adopted the Audi attitudes as well as showroom!!). Ordered my new VRS with Lorna there in November when still Sherlodge. Looked after me throughout the 7-month wait. MOTing my old VRS and sorting some minor issues even though warranty expired then did me an even better deal than agreed when the car arrived. Turned the car around in under 24-hours off the transported so I could get to LeMans too. Lorna and Barry now have some added help in sales. Russ in service is a diamond but Ritchie is a typical service desk rotweiler!

Seem to have backing from Motorline but kept there family business feel.

• 4 months later...

Took my Yeti in for the first 12 month oil service today. Was greeted by name (nice touch) and car taken in straight away even though I was early. Showroom is being re-furb'd at the moment so no new cars to look over while I waited but car was done on time and washed before being handed back.

When I got home I found an e-mail from Richard with an attached link to a quick video tour of the underside of my car confirming that all was okay...

http://video.citnow.com/vtRnThwXXlQ

Good service in my opinion and it will be interesting to see the refurbished site in the new year.

• 1 year later...

took my 1.8t L&K car to motorlodge rainham skoda for free change of coilpack i never go to maindealers

changed them did free health check came up with all sorts of problems wiper blades£30,rear brakes £150 pads £200,rear springs £215,gearbox dogbone support £2,100,rattle on heatshield for cat, £200 total £3,035!!!

just did wipers £10 springs didn't need doing? gearbox support £50 new pads inc discs sourced on local gumtree £20 fitted £30 did cat myself £2 for jubilee clip total £112!!!

DIFFERENCE OF OVER THREE GRAND! my conclusion monumental rip off merchants

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had my spaceback serviced on Wednesday, just bought a new car today.

Starting with the service I am very pleased with the service, booked in with courtesy car, no issues told the price up front etc, took the car in for 8am on road by quarter past. I received a video showing the health check and underneath of the car ( which I thought was really good! Never get to see under it normally) needed two new front tyres which again nothing I didn't expect, phoned up and talked through pricing and dealt with that and they were on and ready on collection. Washed and cleaned as I'd expect with a service too.

Buying the new car was smooth and the salesman (Grant) couldn't have been more helpful, not pushy, talked through all options available and when one didn't work was happy to look at something else and play around with the figures for me. Barry was also very helpful. I couldn't fault the service in the slightest, helpful friendly staff who weren't pushy on options and worked within my price ranges. Ended up so happy my mum went out there and changed her car too a few hours after, same service from the staff.

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing this is the Motorline dealer in Gillingham?

Fed up with my dealers (Beadles Maidstone) I decided to book my service in for here - didn't realise they were actually closer to me aswell. Unfortunately the online system for booking let me book a weekend slot with a pickup and delivery service BUT the garage didn't offer this service at weekends even though I got a confirmation email. I only found this out when I called to find out where they were. The guy on the phone was extremely apologetic and actually arranged for someone to pick my car up the following Saturday (today) at 9am. Bang on the dot they arrived and took the car and dropped it back by 11am. I got a nice little service video (not offered at my dealership) and a follow up call to talk me through a couple of issues they found (without me pointing them out) and fixed FOC. Both of which I had reported to my dealership before but they hadn't found/fixed. The car was lovely a clean inside and out on return.

Extremely impressed and will use for my next service. My only regret was not purchasing my car from here a couple of years ago!

• 7 months later...

Just had the first service on my Fabia 1.2 SE L. Took just over an hour and standard price of £149 including coffee, headlight aim check/adjustment, switch to fixed servicing and enabling auto locking. Excellent service as usual and nice to see the video showing the underside of my car.

They must be doing something right, I'm on my fifth car from them in 12 years!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Went there on Saturday to have my coil pack recall done.

Well pleased with the quick turnaround and the fact that they didn't even flinch when they had to replace a 4 packs free of charge on a 16 year old motor. 

My only niggle is that they didn't turn off the EML and I overheard the service mechanic whining that the car was hot because I'd just driven it there and he was burning his fingers (although I think the last one says more about the man's intelligence rather than the garage itself.)

• 3 months later...

Went in for a repair, came out with the software emissions update done. Different car, not the skoda i fell in love with anymore. My next vehicle would have been a yeti, but after this VW scandal and the software fix I won't by a VAG car ever again. 

• 11 months later...

Had the car serviced there today. Was quoted £292 for the second service and requested they look at the rear washer jet as it was defective. I dropped the car off at 8am and popped off for a breakie at the local Tesco's. I was back roughly 90 minutes later and it was all done and the washer jet on the back was replaced. The cost for service and new jet was £250, happy days!!  

I asked about having the auto lock feature being activated on my wife's and son's MK3 Fabia's after a spate of incidents in the Maidstone area where scrotes are trying to get in cars and one lad was car jacked and robbed!! They asked me to pop back after 2pm with my son's car. So, after popping back and 15 minutes wait, the car was done via VAG.com. I'm taking my wife's car back tomorrow after 2pm to get that sorted. 

Nice one chaps!! 

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2005 at 12:44, DGW said:

Sherlodge Garage

26 Hoath Lane

Wigmore

GILLINGHAM

Kent

ME8 0SW

01634 377444

Services: New, Used, Repair, Fleet

Now called Motorline Skoda, all other details remain the same.

• Like 1