Turners of Erlestoke Ltd - Nr Devizes.

DGW

Originally posted by Octygone - Sun Oct 24, 2004

I have just bought my second Octavia from them and they continue to be helpful and friendly at all times, providing you ring two weeks in advance a courtesy car is no problem the same with the one recall I had on my previous car, servicing is at a reasonable rate 1st service £110 and 2nd £134 and is always completed on time

This is a small garage in a village, but I can't remember when they wern't Skoda dealers, now thats dedication!

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Octygone - Sun Oct 24, 2004

I have just bought my second Octavia from them and they continue to be helpful and friendly at all times, providing you ring two weeks in advance a courtesy car is no problem the same with the one recall I had on my previous car, servicing is at a reasonable rate 1st service £110 and 2nd £134 and is always completed on time

This is a small garage in a village, but I can't remember when they wern't Skoda dealers, now thats dedication!

I have used Turners for the past 7 years and they have never failed to be helpful, efficient and friendly - they look after a Felicia (bought second hand from them) and an Octavia I have had since new. Prices are reasonable. This comes from someone with 45 years in the the motor industry. I thoroughly recommkend them.

• 5 months later...

just done a phonecall wondering if they could check some noise in my car.. they ask me where I bought it..and tell me to go ask whom sold me the car (not skoda main dealer)..lol

Guess they are just interested about selling new cars.. very disappointing

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit new to to using dealers for servicing, having always maintained my own cars up to now, and having been in the fortunate position of having a brother who was a full time mechanic with access to a ramp when things demanded a bit more knowledge and special tools. Unfortunately, my brother is now in New Zealand, and the complexities of the 2.5 V6 TDI Superb mean that it may be better to leave servicing to the experts.

I'd like a dealer that treats me like an intelligent adult, so I'm very wary of the plush places with their comfy chairs, greeters, and young ladies on the reception desks that really know nothing about the car and have to ask someone else whenever I ask a question. Ideally, I'd like to speak to the mechanic who fills me with confidence as he describes the technicalities of the job and the problems that may be encountered. I'd also like a sensible hourly rate, because I'm not keen on paying for greeters, comfy chairs etc.

Turners supplied the car new, and I took it back for an end of warranty check with the pollen filter seal being done and a reversing sensor also being replaced under warranty. Service was excellent, the price (for the warranty check) was good and the service manager obviously knows his stuff. The garage is small, in a tiny hamlet and they have been dealing with Skoda for ever, so seems like this is the place to go.

However, while I was there, I enquired the expected price for the 2nd variable service and the cambelt change that were probably going to fall due around the same time (4 years) and was told to expect around £600 + VAT for the cambelt change and around £400 + VAT for the second service. I might be wrong, but that does seem a little steep .......?

I always used Turners of Erlestoke Ltd - Nr Devizes since ******** Skoda 'Removed' an alloy from my car on a standard service.

Turners are well worth the distance and provide an amazing service with good prices to match. If/when I get another skoda I will be going back to them.

Hope this helps,

Rob.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer'ship name deleted.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I purchased a set of headlamp protectors for my Fabia from Turners. When one of them cracked not through being stone chipped, actually I believe was faulty in manufacturer - I got spoken too like I was some sort of lying idiot. I have never come across such poor service and rudeness, I don't think they actually know about the Sale of Goods Act. I contacted Skoda customer service as Turners said I had to, and they were not much more help other than to get the dealer to 'take a look'. As I now live some distance away, I've had to write of the cost of these as the return journey in fuel prohibits the drive there and back for an argument. Really disappointed and I would avoid them personally again.

• 4 months later...

Recently took my Fabia vRS there for a service. I was initially worried as I hadn't had a good experience the last time I went there but they were polite and helpful this time. During the hour it took to service the car, I had a look round the showroom and was shown round by an employee. Showroom is excellent as they have most Skoda cars and it's located 'underground' sort of. Employee was very chatty, helpful and polite.

Only thing is you'll be lucky to get a mobile signal out there due to the location.

All proper documentation supplied and filled in by them for the service and car returned in a professional manner. Pleasantly surprised :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

I went here today for the warranty coilpack jobby. Mechanic himself very helpful. however bit annoyed I had to wait 1 and half hours for them to do it, then the guy on the desk was very slow at sorting out paper work.

I had got there for 8.30 as requested but didn't leave until 10.20. No update on progress or anything, just left waiting.

Was disappointed, will not be using them again.

• 5 months later...

My partner has always used this garage since buying his VRS 8 years ago and cant fault them. My only complaint is they are in the back end of nowhere with poor bus connections. However with all the problem I have had with my Yeti after a bodywork repair at our local Skoda garage who seem to own all the Skoda Dealerships in the area I will be taking my Yeti there in the future as the long drive and wait for repairs far outweighs the grief , phonecalls and stress of the last 18weeks trying to get our local Skoda garage to repair the extra damage they did to my vehicle whilst in their bodyshop.

I will wait and see what the service is with Turners when my car next needs a service. It cannot possibly be any worse than what I am dealing with at present.

• 2 years later...

I took my car in for a cambelt change at Turners a while back, which the mechanic didnt do properly. He refitted the auxiliary belt tensioner back to front so as the fanbelt was half on, half off the runner and squeeling like a pig. The paperwork was also filled out completely wrong, the halfwit who did it just copied everything from the previous stamp in the book, milage, date, everything.
Took it back over, lots of apologies, the mechanic refitted the part the right way round and was promised a 'credit' in the future. Which was used almost immediately as I started getting error code 17705.

I took it back, they cleared the code and sent me on my way assuring me it wasnt anything to worry about.

The code came back 24 hours later and the car was taken to another garage who diagnosed the fault code as being the cam sensor. I replaced the cam sensor, all was good for a while and then the engine fell out of the car.

I was ready to scrap the car then thought about it logically and came back to the cambelt change. I did some research, found out that Bowders had experience something similar following a cambelt change at an indy and was advised to get in touch with Skoda.

I phoned Skoda UK who directed me back to Turners.

'Somebody' had refitted the factory marked engine mount bolts, rather than fitting new. I say somebody as Turners deny it was anything to do with them and say its was the garage who diagnosed the cam sensor. (Who Turners must think removed and refitted the cambelt in their diagnosis of a fault code within the space of 2 hours). They had an engineer inspect the car, the exact results of which are unknown however they then offered to fix it for free.

When the car was recovered to them I presented one of the blokes there with a chunk of engine block and the factory mount bolt. I informed him that the block was damaged. 2 weeks later I get a phonecall informing me that they'd put the car back together but the block is damaged and its leaking oil in a big way. They then ordered a replacement engine. All the time accusing me of lying and claiming it wasnt their fault.

Skoda UK informed me that the parts and labour involved are all covered by the standard VAG warrenty.
Turners claim in a letter they're not liable for anything.

So they grudgingly carried out the work and I picked up my car, Turners told me when I collected it they never wanted to see the car or me again.

I babied it home and it sat on the driveway for a few days. Low and behold when I go to move it it doesnt sound right at all, infact it sounds like a jet engine and the idles going crazy. I open the bonnet and the SAI system was disconnected in two places. I clip the pipework back together and it idles normally. I then go to move it and it spits the intercooler pipe off, me and a mate on my driveway quickly found out why, the retaining clip wasnt attached at all, 2 minutes later and its done properly with basic tools on a driveway.
Its then that I hear more strange noises, a whistling noise, the brake servo pipe that had been replaced not 6 months before is suddenly leaking like mad. I discover the grommet is split so its a cheap fix. Then I notice the expansion tank is bone dry, the car took a full litre of coolant.

I phone Skoda UK again saying I dont trust the standards of work and they refer me back to Turners. I'd fixed everything by this point so I didnt take it back. But I did send Skoda UK a few pictures of the standards of their work, they then phoned me back offering an inspection at another Skoda dealership.

Skoda UK have been nothing but fantastic throughout my dealings with Turners and were the driving force behind getting my car sort of sorted out for me.

My dealings were only ever with the service manager.

Edited by km666

• 7 months later...

Now just an Authorized Repairer having also taken on Subaru to replace their lost Skoda new cars franchise.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/14707034.Business_in_Focus__Turners_of_Erlestoke/

Sounds as though they - like other small, rural, family owned dealers - don't fit into the new model of large, glass palace, town & city based retailers which Skoda are developing.

• 4 months later...

still listed on autotrader as a place to get a new Skoda.

It appears they don't bother to reply to quote anymore, most likely due to switching to Subaru (see above).

• 6 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:29, Martin|G|Allen said:

still listed on autotrader as a place to get a new Skoda.

It appears they don't bother to reply to quote anymore, most likely due to switching to Subaru (see above).

They are still Skoda Approved Servicing operation.

His son is Chief Mechanic and was Skoda Master Technician. Did an excellent job on my Partner's Fabia vRS mk2 engine replacement, also on her later Fabia vRSmk2 DSG Mechatronic unit.

Both cars test / examined by him and Kevin the Service manager and got approval from Skoda UK on the same day, in both instances for New replacement. In both cases parts ordered and installed in less than 2weeks.

Top Class Turners!!

Shame we lost you for New car Dealer ship.

Now a Subaru Dealership for the last 12months and as before with their Skoda New car dealership, locally they are selling lots of Subaru across the range. If you now want a new Skoda you have to travel 20+ miles to an "eat your dinner off the floor dealer " up their own arse dealership.

However, quality servicing can be sourced at Turners.

Edited by vrskeith

• 5 years later...

Anyone got recent experience of Turners for Skoda servicing?

I'd rather go to them than battle into Bath, if they get a good recent review.

Of course, if anyone knows a good Skoda/VW/Audi independent garage near Trowbridge/Westbury/Warminster that would be a better option for me with a 6 year old Octavia...

• 1 year later...

Be interested to know if anyone has any recent experience of Turners of Erlestoke as they are nearest to me and I need somewhere to look after my Superb 280 which is under warranty / service plan.