Blade SKODA Gloucester

DGW

Yes - the Configurator does allow you to select all the components of the 'Winter Pack', but Skoda UK rang back to say that that is an error, and, for a TSI engine, it isn't possible. However, I ordered the car last Friday, and, at the dealer, on his non-public configurator, those 3 selections were accepted without any problem. It is difficult sometimes to get definitive, authoritive answers - cf the Chrome Surrounds issue . . .

Blade Skoda(Gloucester) Ltd

Twigworth Services

Tewkesbury Road

Twigworth

Gloucester

GL2 9PG

01452 595043

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Originally posted by Paul R - Tue Oct 26, 2004

went in to get a Felicia as a cheap new car for my son and the sales guy Marcel very gently pointed out the better value of the then brand new Fabia. For just £700 more than the outgoing Felicia, we ended up with a 1.4 Classic for £7,000 in dark metallic blue (list -£700) which impressed me so much that I chopped my Mk4 Golf TDi for a Comfort TDi in Rally Red.

My son had the TDi as soon as I saw the vRS Fabia and Marcel was good enough to give me their demonstrator before it was registered rather than me having to wait 6-8 weeks. May not be the cheapest but have bought three consecutive Fabias from Marcel which must say something.

Originally posted by Tigger_1979 - Fri May 27, 2005

was going to get my Service done here

rang and asked on the phone what oil they would use for my Fabia vRS

and they said it was the 0w - 30 oil

which I knew was wrong and not used for my engine

Originally posted by rhino - Tue Aug 16, 2005

2.00pm - Felicia drivers door lock broken

2.30pm - rang Bamfords

4.30pm - dropped car off for them to inspect tomorrow.

4.45pm - phone ringing as got home - Bamfords had identified problem and car would be ready by 10am tomorrow.

Only a small issue and repair but how is that for speedy service.

• 3 months later...

I've had a couple of visits to Bamfords now and they are always very helpful and polite!

I went there yesterday to ask them if the had any brake fluid so i can fit my 312mm's (i wanted to buy some) and they gave me 1/2 a bottle for free! :eek:

Top service so far can't fault them! :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Had 4 services from Bamfords so far on my Fabia vRS (As I do 2K per month I visit 3 times a year!) and I've found them friendly and helpful. Only downside is that they won't give me a courtesy car while mine's being worked on as I didn't buy my car from them. As they're reliable and provide a good service I'll carry on taking my car to them.

• 3 months later...

Robert Bamfords recently carried out a 90,000 mile service on my Octavia 1.9 TDI Elegance 30 plate, where the car had been serviced from new.

They informed me that there is excessive wear on the thread that holds in the sump plug and that I need a new sump and that it was down to fair wear and tear.

Something about it being an aluminium sump and steel sump plug:confused:

This is the second such case of this at Robert Bamfords as the sister car to mine also suffered the same fate at Robert Bamfords on a 90,000 mile service. Again this car was also serviced from new by this garage.

Considering the reputation of Skoda diesels and the fact that they are a common choice of taxi drivers I find fair wear and tear hard to believe.

I contacted Skoda UK who initially said they would not consider this fair wear and tear only to retract it days later after a call from Robert Bamfords.

You can draw your own conclusions :mad:

Robert Bamford (Gloucester) Ltd

01452 7300070

Wrong number - it's 01452 730070

Yes, you get a courtesy car if you've bought the car there - but make sure you book in several weeks in advance if you want one.

• 2 months later...

I had my vRS serviced there this morning. The service was carried out complete with a brake fluid change in around an hour. I was impressed with the speady and efficient service (car was in being serviced within 5 minutes of being dropped off!). They adjusted the headlamp alignment for free, and the staff were polite and helpful. I'll be going back when the next service is due...

• 4 months later...

In the last 4 years I've found them to be a very efficient dealer; OK they are restrained by the usual main dealer consatraints, but they genuinely seem to understand the needs of the private owner, and I've had honest advice to balance the party line.

Recommended

Just had the 80K service done today by Bamfords on my Furby vRS. As usual their customer service was excellent with Mark standing in for Craig. As the Service included timing belts and new front brakes, the bill would have been eye-watering :eek: had I not been prepared for it for a few months. I could have got it done cheaper by an independent, but I believe the extra cost to be worth it for the Dealer Stamp and the piece of mind you get when dealing with a company like Bamfords. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

More excellent service from Bamfords today when they had to replace 2 wheels and 2 tyres after I hit a large piece of wood on the M5 yesterday. Very reasonably priced and first class service turning the car round in a day without any prior appointment :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Me again - This time the 90k service at Bamfords. As usual, excellent friendly (and quality) service. Circa 360 quid for a service plus replacement rear discs & pads. By my reckoning that's not too bad although you could get cheaper - but in my book you mainly get what you pay for.

Joolz

• 2 months later...

Used them for hte first few services on our old Octavia company car. Eventually got bored of their utter indifference and unhelpfulness. Octavia spent the rest of its time at Fish Brithers in Swindon.

Recently bought a Fabia, and had the engine management light come on. Bamfords were again extremely unhelpful. Seems to be a man on the phones called Craig who is the problem. Phoned Fish brothers and they booked it in the next morning and fixed it.

... though at the last service there was hardly any waiting time - don't know whether that's because they have more courtesy cars or less work...:confused:

I'm in the annoying position of being located a similar long distance from several dealers. I have now used four of them, and have not been very impressed with any.

Bamford's seemed the best (but still not great), so I decided to book the car in for it's 30K service with them. I also want them to check the car out because it's always seemed a little slower than I was expecting. This has been confirmed by a rolling road result of 167bhp & 156lb/ft torque. I also drove my mate's standard vRS the other day and the difference was night and day with mine. I've had the car checked for errors by another dealer a few months a go and nothing came up. I explained this to the service guy at Bamford, but he was quite bolshy and off saying 'I don't do rolling roads. I'm not interested. I'll check for fault codes, but as you didn't buy the car from us, you'll have to take to the dealer it was purchased from if no fault codes are present,' Nice! What does the Skoda warranty stand for then? Surely you should be able to take it to ANY authorised Skoda dealership for the problem to be sorted?

Not impressed at all. I'm the customer, he should have been helpful, not awkward and rude. I'm getting totally sick of dealers' attitudes. I feel quite dissolusioned with Skoda. Having a 3 year warranty is a nice luxury to have, but all the dealings I've had have been terrible- and that's with 4 different dealers. The car has had a few niggles, but it always ends up not being worth the hassle to try and get them sorted.

Sounds just like Craig. having bought the car from them makes no difference. We bought through them (nominated dealer on a fleet lease) and still got shocking service.

Edited by DGW
Quote deleted and off topic comment about another dealer deleted.

Sounds just like Craig. having bought the car from them makes no difference.

Ive never had a problem with Craig, always ready to help me or my mrs on the phone or face to face.

I thought craig would go out of his way to help me in regards to my fabia vrs (now sold). He even changed my door seals out of warranty FOC.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I must say I agree with Patxon. Craig has always been very helpful and has gone out of his way to provide a good service as has the Bamford's Chief Spanner-man Brian (See previous comments in this thread). With the miles I do, my vRS is serviced 3 times a year there and I've never had a problem with them. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, they were very nice. No complaints.

No faults came up, couldn't be bothered to argue about it. I'll get it RR'd again a few weeks before the warranty runs out to see what's what.

Think I'll still take it to Fish Brothers next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Service Department seem friendly and knowledgable (I assume its the service Manager & Head Tech?), if a bit funny about my blocked washer jet.

Sales staff ok, but a bit pushy (Paul?). Seemed genuine enough when he realised we weren't going to be pushed. Test drive route a bit short (and all 30/40 limit?).

Sales staff lined the window to watch (and laugh at) me trying to install the dog guard I'd just bought. I can see why, it was a PITA!