Blade SKODA Gloucester

DGW

Called into Blade Gloucester, with my Superb 3 Sportline Combi, to get touch up paint....just in case.

They had spray and brush in stock, and not exorbitant price.

Mentioned at the Service Desk that I had an inspection service warning flashing up. Guy was called and reset the display free of charge. Great customer service. Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

My car made its first visit to a dealership for a service this week. Car was easily booked in on a day which was convenient to me and I booked a hire car too. The day before it was due in, received a reminder call from the dealership to take my drivers licence. Asked if I could get a service plan and they agreed. 

Turned up up in the morning and was booked in efficiently. Asked them to investigate a couple of niggles which were noted. Got my courtesy car - a Rapid and left it with them. 

Towards the the end of the day I called to ask if my car was ready (my only complaint - no timescales were given when dropping it off). It was being worked on so they said to come over and it would be ready. I made my was there and it was all done and ready for collection. The technician talked me through what he had done and went through the niggles. 

All in all, a good experience. 

• 11 months later...

I had and undeed continue to have a shocking experience of this company. Whilst sales and service is impressive,  its aftercare treatment of me in the rejection of a faulty Skoda Superb III is abysmal. The attitude is driven by its Head of Skoda Group. Look him up... 6 months on my case remains unresolved. Blade's Head of Skoda is refusing to take instruction from Skoda UK on my compensation package. I'm still owed a considerable sum of money although the faulty vehicle has now been returned. That took 5 months, it affected my health such was the stress of the situation. And the stress continues. My interests are secondary to Blade's it seems. If anyone wants chapter and verse PM me. You'll be horrified. The Financial Ombudsmen is investigating, What Car? taking an interest too. I'm getting in touch with Gloucester Trading Standards tomorrow. 

Buyer Beware..... 

• 1 year later...
On 22/08/2018 at 22:19, MarlboroLites said:

I had and undeed continue to have a shocking experience of this company. Whilst sales and service is impressive,  its aftercare treatment of me in the rejection of a faulty Skoda Superb III is abysmal. The attitude is driven by its Head of Skoda Group. Look him up... 6 months on my case remains unresolved. Blade's Head of Skoda is refusing to take instruction from Skoda UK on my compensation package. I'm still owed a considerable sum of money although the faulty vehicle has now been returned. That took 5 months, it affected my health such was the stress of the situation. And the stress continues. My interests are secondary to Blade's it seems. If anyone wants chapter and verse PM me. You'll be horrified. The Financial Ombudsmen is investigating, What Car? taking an interest too. I'm getting in touch with Gloucester Trading Standards tomorrow. 

Buyer Beware..... 

Sad to read this, seems I'm not alone.

Love Skoda as a manufacturer, just bought my 5th in 12 years (we run 2 cars), due to my buying experience (NOT the vehicle) at Blade I'll never go near them again, and it's only 15 minutes away!

Sorry to hear of your poor experience.  I'm using White Dove in Cardiff now which ironically is pretty local to me. I'm finding its aftercare service pretty damn good. If we look hard enough we can always find a niggle, but in fairness there's always a desire to please. 

The Financial Ombudsmen fully supported me in his adjudication. He acknowledged my interests were secondary to the various egos in play. I've always bought my cars through non main dealers or privately. The Superb purchase was my first main dealer buy. I wish I'd never stepped over that threshold.

• 1 year later...

The main reason I abandoned buying another Audi and having my existing Audi serviced there was the attitude of the franchisee following its purchase by Vertu Motors. Having changed brands (for the boot size and puppy crate needs) and bought from Heritage Gloucester I hope i am not going to experience the same low/ indifferent standard that has befallen the Audi dealership. .So far I"ve had to write strongly-worded letters to get done what should have been done at the onset - such as, for example, their delay in notifying DVLC of the transfer of the car I'd part-exchanged so as to receive the road tax refund. 

Fortunately I live slightly closer to another Skoda dealer so am likely to go there for servicing. 

• 2 months later...

Is this "Blade" dealership now Heritage Skoda?

I had a very disappointing sales experience with them so I've ordered our new Superb from Marshalls near Oxford. I'm hoping that their service is better though as Oxford is a trek for any future serving!

Does anyone have any experience with their service centre?

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2021 at 13:55, ant177 said:

Is this "Blade" dealership now Heritage Skoda?

I had a very disappointing sales experience with them so I've ordered our new Superb from Marshalls near Oxford. I'm hoping that their service is better though as Oxford is a trek for any future serving!

Does anyone have any experience with their service centre?

Yes, unfortunately it's changed to Heritage and my experience of their servicing is that overall standards have dropped... I do a lot of mileage for work, so usually have to take a day off to get the car serviced or pay for a courtesy car, so I want everything done that needs doing in the one visit... When it was Blade i never had an issue with this, when booking it in and telling them the mileage they'd tell me that X/Y/Z needed doing, so I'd give go ahead for it and they made sure they had the parts - The last two times I've used Heritage they quoted a price for a service only & didn't mention any other items that would need doing. Then once they had the car they contacted me and said it also needs X/Y/Z doing that were Mileage or age related items, not faults they'd found... But they didn't have the parts so would need to book it in for another day - Really annoying 😞 . There is another Skoda dealer in the Forest of Dean which isn't far, so for my next service I'm going to give them a try - pretty sure they're not part of a big chain, Yet! So hopefully a better service! 

Thanks @robp1970- that's worth knowing. Although I admit that they lost me as a likely customer at the point where you said that you needed to pay for a courtesy car! Is that a normal thing? Vauxhall has always given me a free car as long as I have booked in with enough notice.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the dealership in the Forest when you have been, it isn't that far over to Cinderford in the scheme of things.

• Like 1