North Petherton

Somerset

TA6 6DF

Tel: 01278 664900

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
Name and details updated

Originally posted by Gwilym - Thu Apr 29, 2004

I visited Irvine Skoda after a few emails with Sales Manager Terry to test drive an Octavia vRS Estate. On arrival I was made to feel very welcome and then was pleasantly surprised when I was given the keys and told to be back within the hour. (I have had test drives elsewhere when the salesman comes with you and lets you drive for 5 minutes).

The test drive was as expected and I was almost convinced I wanted the car. In negotiations I decided on a new one and started picking all the extras I wanted. I can not tell you the price I negotiated (because Chris - the top man at Irvine will kill me) but it was a very good deal (not sure how much profit they made - if any). However I still needed a couple of weeks to make the final decision during which time all my questions were answered and I was put under no pressure whatsoever. 1 month and 2000 miles later I know this was the right choice. My car will be going back to them for all servicing and any other extras I later require.

IF YOU WANT A SKODA THEN GO TO IRVINE SKODA AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Originally posted by MisterGT - Mon Sep 13, 2004

Agree with the above. I purchased my one year old (03 plate)Octy vRS from them, and there service and hospitality was excellent

Originally posted by TaviaRS - Thu Sep 30, 2004

I have now used them several times.

I've used them to order parts, including wierd ones like a sump guard, and have found them to be very efficient in getting what I want.

I used them for my first variable service, which was completed when they said it would be, at the price they'd quoted me.

I've had a couple of odd jobs done, like fitting the sump guard, a new clutch and some uprated anti-roll bars, all done without a murmer (although I gather the ARBs did give a couple of headaches). They also fixed my broken A/C.

Each time I have been given a courtesy car.

Very friendly, courteous and helpful.

Originally posted by TaviaRS - Fri Dec 10, 2004

Just had my second variable service carried out, not sure of price yet as their computer system was down, just got told to pop back sometime to pay.

Booked in at short notice, yet they still managed to find me a loan car.

They investigated my faults, found what I had noticed and have now ordered the parts to fix the problems (clunk from flywheel and a wheel bearing on the way out).

Very helpful and understanding, exemplary service as always.

Originally posted by el richy - Thu Dec 16, 2004

i went to invine skoda with a quote that i have from the internet, they were very open and they were happy to do the leg work in order to meet the quote but could'nt. they explained to me why and the fact what they could do. i spoke to adam who seemed to know his stuff about the vrs. i was chatting to him for about an hour on the phone about skodas and he even reconmended this site!! i will be going down there for all my servicing and parts when i get the new car plus he said i can have a go in his lotus if he can have a go in my chipped vrs!! top man!

Originally posted by Tiptronic - Sat May 28, 2005

Back in 2004, we test drove a Superb PD130 Comfort. It was the current demo being used by the sales manager, Terry Dellow. As stated by some others, test drive procedure at Irvine Skoda was a revelation compared to other dealers. Quote: "I won't show you the lights, 'cos if you need the lights, you've been away far too long!" Fell in love with the car there and then. Terry even took it off the road for a week while we thought about it. After some hard haggling, we struck a deal.

(There is one guy there I'm not sure about: We went in the showroom, looking at the unregistered Superb. He didn't have a clue what spec or anything the car was, in fact I was telling him!)

Services and recalls have been carried out swiftly and efficiently. 20k service due next week!

We dealt with Terry and Chris (THE boss), and friends who have dealt with Adam speak very highly of him too!

Incidentally, a guy came up to me in Barnstaple this week, asking all about the Superb (was I pleased with it etc). Told him that it was definitely worth him travelling to Irvines, which he seemed comfortable with, and gave him the number and Terry's name etc.

I feel strongly that you need to click with the person you are dealing with before progressing any further. We clicked with Terry, and it went from there.

I can also confirm good sales service..... bought their Fabia vRS

Demo back in May 3months / 3000 miles was given the keys by

Chris the boss at 4.30pm and told me we close at 6pm please

can we have our car back by then :thumbup:

Not had any dealings with parts or service yet ...... although I think

I must get them to check my brakes sometime soon... before I decide to

upgrade to 312`s

Please can someone AMEND the town of bridgewater TO BRIDGWATER

there aint no E in the middle :(

Also brought down a "standard" vRS to my TSR rolling road day! :cool: Was putting out more like 200bhp :rolleyes::D

Bloke that brought it down had a good laugh with us all about "never buy ex-demos" :D Never thrashed, never rolling roaded, well cared for. ;)

• 5 months later...

I went to Irvine at the weekend (was back in the UK for a week) to test drive the Fabia vRS. Salesman (Roger Marsh I think?) was very courteous, hospitable.

I'd certainly reccommend this dealership. Very professional and more than happy to accommodate a test drive. Will certainly put some business their way in the future (my stepdad came with me - he currently drives a Laguna 1.9 dCi - and was very impressed with the vRS so there may be two Furby vRS's in our family soon!)

• 4 months later...

I'm in the process of doing a deal with them for an octy vrs mk1 and can definately echo what other people have said about the test drive attitude!

We were handed the keys to an 03 vrs after parting with my driving license and off we went :)

I was pretty convinced it was the car for me after that and having driven a few others after they are by far the best for letting me get on with checking out the car :thumbup:

Went back in today to start the ball rolling on another vrs which all things being well I'll have in a few weeks, dealt with Chris, Gordon and one other very nice man (who's name I've forgotton :o ), all very professional and helpful so far.

I'll post an update when the car is mine but I'm sure it will be more praise!!!

• 3 months later...

bought my octy vrs mk1 last november.

went in for a test drive an was handed the keys and told to take it for the day!!! They seemed to understand a 5 minute run is not enough when you clock up 50k per year!!!! just wish all dealers were so good.

• 2 months later...

Well as regular readers of my ramblings will know (and anyone who looks at my sig) I purchased the octavia vrs I mentioned in my previous post.

So far the service from the guys at Irvine's has been great :thumbup: - had to have a bit of warranty work (thank god it's got warranty!) but each time has been done quickly with a courtesy car (only 1.2l fabias but it saves me getting a lift!), usually with the work being completed early on in the day after dropping the car off the previous night.

Have had a 10k service done with them recently, where some extra warranty work was diagnosed so top marks for that.

The car is great, would definately consider another one (maybe mk2 vrs) in a few years safe in the knowledge that Chris and his sales team will sort me out when the time comes :) . (Now if anyone from there is listening I'd like a vrs to try next time mine's in :rolleyes: - pretty please??? :rofl: )

• 3 weeks later...

For my first posting I have decided to add a note of my experience to the glowing reports regarding Irvine. Since they took over the dealership from Tarnock, where I bought my Fabia Elegance 1400 Estate in 2001, they have undertaken all scheduled servicing, MOT's and a couple of repair jobs.

Their staff are courteous and efficient and a loan car, in good condition, has always been available for as long as needed (3 days on one occasion while a small air con component was being obtained).

As yet I do not have any experience of their sales team, but they will be my first port of call when I take a look at the new Fabia later this year.

• 3 months later...

My first time using irvine's, ordered some parts and booked car for cambelt/waterpump change. Parts where in when said and they even fitted them for me, work was carried out and all seems good, the stuff were friendly too all in all a good service.

• 1 month later...

Back to irvine's again with lots of noise coming from the front of the car clonking etc! Rang me told me it was middle section of exhaust had the parts and fitted it in an hour top job and no more noise! I will contiune using Irvine happy so far.

• 5 months later...

I've known Chris Anderson there for years. He used to work for the VW dealer in Bridgwater.

He's a decent bloke and I promised him I'd buy a car from him one day. Today I bought a Fabia Estate and kept my promise.

I'm certainly going to get a vRS when mine is in for a service. He happily let me have one overnight recently and God it was fun.

I've only been into Irvines a few times but it has always been very positive.

• 5 months later...

The whole process, from initial visit to the showroom through to sorting out options and ordering was a great experience compared to other dealers. No pushy salesmen, just people that are thoroughly helpful. Gordon was really great with the whole deal and, arranged the leather re-trim very quickly once the car had arrived. Collected my vRS TDi last week and I'm enjoying every mile in it. Even if this isn't your local dealer it's worth travelling to experience the level of service they provide.

• 11 months later...

They're still as good as everyone says. Pleasant and helpful.

During a cam-belt service on my 54 Octy they spotted that the turbo was leaking massively. They stopped the service and re-assembled the car.

Asked if I could trade it against an 08 Estate and they bent over backwards to do the deal, gave me what I considered an outstanding trade-in value for a 100k car that still needed £1500s worth of repairs and servicing. This included bigger discount than I expected, on the estate, including a credit for the value of work on the old car, and fitted cruise as well.

10/10 for salesman Gordon, a genuine pleasure to do business.

These guys are top notch!!!

Purchased my Fabia vRS from them Sept 06, it was in the show room saying 'BUY MEEEEEE' Dealt with Chris on that who was brill. Since then about 4 visits a year for services and bits and pieces (car just done 100,000 last week). If ever I get a problem with anything a quick phone call to Darren or Matt and it's sorted over phone if it can be or they get the car in asap........10/10 :thumbup:

• 5 years later...

Still highly recommended. I missed my MOT slot today having sat in heavy traffic for ages. However, Carrs' receptionist (sorry I don't have your name) worked hard to find an alternative MOT station and get the job done. Excellent service delivered with a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping my servicing experience is better than the sales side. The salesman I ordered my fabia estate VRS from said the car would be in on Wednesday ( one weeks time) and he would send me a couple of pictures of the car (as there weren't any online at the time), Wednesday came and went with no response. Went in Thursday and was told it would probably be the end of the day and that he would call me. Now Friday and still heard nothing, at midday I sent an email asking if it had arrived and was told it will now be Monday.

Failed to do what he promised to do and close to rude, complained to the dealer principle and now have been passed to another salesman who sounds a lot more switched on with customer service so hopefully all will go as promised. So excited to see my fantastic family stealth speeder, slight sheen taken away from it but trying to keep positive, roll on Monday/ Tuesday when I will get to drive round and see her (but not collect her yet)

• 3 weeks later...

After kicking off about the first salesman I was passed to a second who had come from working with VW and Audi, service was immediately a million times better, if he promised me something he did it and that is all I ever wanted. Had my gorgeous VRS for 2 weeks now and am loving every minute.

Change of Address!

I noticed today that this dealer has moved slightly south (about 1 mile) down the A38 towards North Petherton and are now occupying a new showroom unit in the same business park as the Wiseman Dairy plant. I have passed to DGW the new address details but, in the meantime, I will put them here as well until they get changed over. The new address for Carrs Skoda (Bridgwater) is:

Carrs Skoda,

Market Way,

North Petherton,

Somerset,

TA6 6DF

The phone number has also changed and they can now be reached on 01278 664900.

The new site can be seen easily as it is right next to the A38, just south of where the slip road comes down from J24 of the M5.

HTIOI,

Dave

Edited by DaveHarries