Wings of Peterborough - Peterborough..

DGW

• 2 months later...

Got a secondhand fabia from them last year. Been dealing with them for many years now and mostly impressed.

Prices for servicing and labour are very steep imo, especially when the actualy bill is twice what you are quoted.

Edited by Gumby

I haven't been overly impressed by Wings in the last week. Staff don't seem to be too fussed & have lack of knowledge of the product that they are trying to sell. Poor part ex prices and no movement of price when wanting to buy used car. There are better dealers around.

• 1 month later...

I also haven't been impressed. I bought my Octavia VRS from them, have always had it serviced by them yet when I had excess brake pedal travel yesterday, they said they couldn't look at it until next week! I asked if the car was safe to drive and they said they couldn't say. So I'm supposed to do without a car until next week or risk potential problems with braking. Is that reasonable service to a longstanding customer? Not in my book.

• 5 months later...

My wife spoke to Wings today about an on going warranty repair on our Fabia which constantly rattles and they complained that they don't get paid for diagnosis. We have had the car into them 3 times for the same fault and they just tell us we can collect it and when we arrive tell us they need to order parts and have it back again.

They are saying that because we didn't buy it from them they shouldn't be asked to fix it!

Needless to say they will not be getting any service work from us.

• 3 months later...

I bought my Octavia from them a couple of years ago. Pleased with the car, pleasant to deal with, and have been taking it and our other Skoda there for servicing since.

However, during my last visit I was presented with a quotation for MOT work that I felt to be misleading. If I hadn't questioned it, I would have ended up paying for a couple of hundred quids worth of work that did not need doing, ie renewing components on both sides of the car, and not just the one that was defective. I was most unimpressed with the service manager and receptionist, neither of which I can remember having dealt with previously.

Similarly unimpressed with the attitude of the Dealer Principle. I am pleased that his business is doing so well that he can afford to loose an established customer. Prior to last week, I would have been happy to recommend this dealer. In future I will be taking my business elsewhere. All for the sake of trying to get an extra couple of hundred quid out of someone. Idiots.

• 3 weeks later...

At the risk of sounding a bit like a Wings employee (which I am not), had a 10k oil change service done there last week for less than the cost at a local independent and very happy with the service. Warranry coil packs checked (mine are R's so no issue). Dropped off and picked up from work on time in a Fabia Vrs (nice) and they gave mine a good clean up too. They do seem to change front desk staff every time I go in there, but the MasterTech I normally speak to (Paul) is always very helpful.

• 3 months later...

thanks wings..just had my m.o.t.done there at the weekend and,as always,find myself feeling very much at home there,justin,nick and paul to name but 3 have been very helpful.so much so in fact that i even travel 70 miles from Norwich to get this great service and if i want a 1.4 tsi in the future i'll know where to go!! thanks wings.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried wings fount the parts guy an ignorant arrogant waste of space no manners

what so never quoted me 375 a full service rang jabba 250 and brilliant customer service with them will use them from now on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mmm... Just bought my Superb from these guys.. Up to now, I'm not sure whether they simply don't understand their own product or whether they're just trying to fob me off...

They can't understand why my iPhone won't work with the old bluetooth module 3C8 035 730!!! - The first answer I got was that the new IOS7 update was causing these 'incompatible' issues..

They then tried telling me that the problem was probably down to my head unit needing an update!! After explaining to them that the module was RSAP only and that all iPhones along with the majority of current mobiles do not allow this setting, they asked me to book the car in for them to try and pair my phone and then 'go from there' as they put it.. In other words they want me to waste a day simply so they can confirm that the phone is incompatible with the module... I don't think so  :finger:

• 6 months later...

Owned Skoda's for 25 years, well before these people appeared on the scene....Have two 1.4 Tsi's at the moment 2009 and 2012 the fact that I don't deal with them in any shape or form should speak volumes.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked my Yeti up from Wings - couldn't fault the place to be honest. Everyone I dealt with (and I dealt with every department!) was professional, helpful and enthusiastic.

They seem to have a lot of very longstanding & repeat customers which gave me confidence when choosing a dealer. They gave me a good deal too. 

I will report back after the first service.....

• 6 months later...

Picked up a vRS about a month ago... dealer hadn't serviced as they said it had only done 6k and was under 2 years old. Had to pay for a service at cost price!

Also, they have failed to call me back since purchase regarding a query I had on the navigation system. Was going to buy a new Skoda for the wife but have held back as unsure of a dealer who failed to respond to after sales issues. May have to seek an alternative dealer for future servicing of the car.

I will update as I have further dealings

• 11 months later...

My experience of Wings has been entirely positive over the past six years or so. Both my partner and I buy from them and have our cars serviced there. I feel they are interested in what I want, are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their products. In addition they are unfailingly helpful, that goes for both sales and service. They would have to give me a really bad deal for me to go elsewhere. My point of contact has been Dan Killock who simply couldn't do more. Justin too, has been very helpful. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

• Like 1

My experience of Wings has been entirely positive over the past six years or so. Both my partner and I buy from them and have our cars serviced there. I feel they are interested in what I want, are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their products. In addition they are unfailingly helpful, that goes for both sales and service. They would have to give me a really bad deal for me to go elsewhere. My point of contact has been Dan Killock who simply couldn't do more. Justin too, has been very helpful. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

Good to hear this - Justin was my point of contact when I got my first Skoda.

No regrets on that purchase whatsoever! :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

After my issues with my local dealership I was recommended to try Wings for ordering my Kodiaq.
They have been honest with me the whole way through and helped ease any concerns I had.

I am Part Ex'ing my current car, and rather than driving it to Peterborough for them to price up he was happy for me to take pictures and then quote from that.
I even purchased the car over the phone, out of hours, as this was easier for me.

They've been quick to answer any questions and I just hope picking up the car when it arrives goes as smoothly.
Purchasing was faultless and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone

• 6 months later...

Have just picked up my 3rd Skoda from Wings in 10 years  - a used Octavia Estate, a new Yeti and now a new Karoq. They have always given excellent service and a good deal. Admittedly my cars have been problem free (hope I’m not tempting fate) so haven’t had to deal with them if things go wrong but so far I would thoroughly recommend them.

• 8 months later...

I recently visited Wings to have the vehicles first service completed.The service reception partners were really excellent dealing with me together with politely acknowledging and making eye contact with other customer waiting to book in their vehicles.Even the technicians arriving for duty that morning made an effort to pass the time of day with those customers at reception. I had requested a while you wait service and was directed to a first floor suite and shown how to use my tablet and access to the Internet.I lost count of how many times I was offered hot drinks during this process.Within half an hour or so I was sent a recording of the cars visual health check together with a first rate commentary by the attending technician which recorded the vehicle underside covering those areas and components which make up the service check list.Very impressive.Within an hour or so the receptionist came to collect me and confirmed the service completed.I even was introduced to the technician who completed the work for a simple personal dialogue to confirm what he had done.Ihad all the relevant paperwork handed over to me with a full explanation.I left Wings a happy bunny and in the knowledge that my custom was important and that  the job had been well done.On the strength of this experiance ,I will have no hesitation to return to Wings.

well done and thank you.

• Like 1