Rainworth Motors Ltd - Mansfield..

DGW

• 1 month later...

Picked my Scout up last Friday from Rainworth Skoda and having completed 600 miles in it so far feel justified to make the following comments.

From the first moment I was impressed with the dealership, easily accessible, modern, good size and facilities including the all-important customer waiting area and coffee. Prior to visiting Rainworth, I did visit another Skoda dealership (slightly closer to home) but the contrast was vast and Rainworth was always going to get my business if a deal could be done.

I had already the decided the Octavia Scout was the next company car for me having seen a MK II during a visit to Switzerland in 2013 and subsequently researched it ahead of purchase as a new company car early 2015. With the improved emissions, 4 wheel drive and vast boot also a very practical choice for me.

Kev Smith was my contact and when I initially visited spring 2014 there was little available information on the Scout but Kev answered my general questions as best as he could building my confidence in the Skoda brand. When information and a release date was finally confirmed on the Scout, again Kev was very helpful always responding to my email or phone-calls promptly. 

At the hand over, Kev did not rush me and went through everything I needed to know in a logical manner so that I had all the essential need to know information and could drive away delighted.

Having owned Audi, BMW, Mazda, Ford and Mitsubishi previously, the service from everyone at Rainworth was first class and even just passing through the showroom you quickly realise it is a friendly team and everyone says hello which is often lost in this day and age.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I posted here last year about the ordering of my car and thought I would update just over a year later.

My citigo has just had it's first service, provided for free which I'll explain below. The service was booked in and my dad took it to work with him as he works in Mansfield, I guess they did a good job since it had it's service, haven't checked anything as I don't really know much about cars. Apparently the car got a complimentary valet however this seems to only be a exterior wash without touching the windscreen. The windscreen didn't look like it had been cleaned at all, the rest of the car did look cleaner though. They did catch the wheel buckle however this might have been because my dad mentioned it.

The buckled wheel got repaired on Thursday 16th since we wanted to shop around, also cost less than £70 even though I was told it would cost me £125.

Now the reason I got a free service. When I collected the car I found that the suspension felt a little stiff, I think, and I could feel all the bumps in the roads which was really annoying however I was told this was normal with Skoda's so I ignored it. A couple of months later my car wouldn't start so I had to call road side assistance who spent a couple of hours pulling off some panels and removing the rear seat. Turned out the fuel pump was faulty so it got towed to Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield. While it was being repaired they found that Rainworth had left the blocks in the suspension when they took delivery of the car, they are supposed to remove these blocks. My dad was very angry so contacted Rainworth and got a free service because of it.

I'm not sure what to say about rainworth now as they seem to be a good dealer but they also seem to have some issues which put me off them. I'll probably not use them in the future though and have been somewhat put off Skoda cars in the future. At least it's not as bad as the dealer I was using before for my Seat Mii which kept having the service alert coming on every few weeks lol

Sorry I kinda went off topic

Great service from Rainworth Motors!

Spotted various items that I needed on their ebay page and decided that I would send an email direct, I got a swift reply from Jonathan who was very helpful indeed. I drove down to collect and pay for all the parts I had ordered and also dealt with Jonathan at this time also.

Moe than happy with the service and will no doubt be purchasing from them again in the future :)

• 8 months later...

I am very surprised to hear all the positive reviews for this company, perhaps these are only experiences where nothing went wrong. But for me buying a car from Rainworth Skoda was the worst decision I've made in a very long time.

Poor feedback through the sales process, and upon collection of new car it was missing items. I've had many minor quality issues and I've found them to be very dismissive. I had a safety issue with the car and they did not return calls nor respond to letters. Their MD Jon Atherton is a very rude person who feels he is too important to speak to his customers. I ended up rejecting the car on a Saturday morning at 9am - They did not contact me even as a courtesy until the following Friday afternoon.

After a long battle with Skoda UK and Motorcodes, I finally received a cheque for compensation for many of these issues for a modest (taking into account all the expenses and hassle associated, plus sav-nav fault that will not be fixed) £590.

I would not ever buy a car from Rainworth Skoda again, and tbh don't think I would buy another Skoda after dealing with Skoda UK "customer service".

I now take the car to Sandicliffe in Daybrook, dealing with James in service department, who have been very fair with me and helped resolve some of the issues, despite not having sold the motor.

I think Rainworth are now part of the same grouping as Bickerton's in Sheffield and I woudn't go near the latter with a bargepole for a new car (but will use for parts that I can't get elsewhere...  and used to use for servicing until their service manager moved elsewhere)

• 2 months later...

I bought the a Skoda Roomster from Rainworth Skoda dealer (Mansfield) on 19.12.2016. I bought the car from dealer for peace of mind. I went on a Saturday to buy the car and after a small drive it felt ok and I bought it. Although there was some noise at the time of starting the engine- I thought it was because the car may be sitting for a  while. Since purchase I have driven approx 1900 miles and the sound was getting worse. I took the car to Willis Motor Company (local dealer) who is trying to sort the engine sound under warranty. However, they have highlighted that the car needs new rear tyres, rear break pads/disc, hand break is sticking, and there is a ?? leak of engine oil. I contacted Rainworth and service manager Mathew did not believe what Willis Motor group has found, hence, he wants me to take the car back to Mansfield which is a day's job. I cannot stop my business c/o financial loss. Mathew stated because I bought the car from Mansfield I should be prepared to take it back as well. Mathew is not prepared to contact Willis Motor to deal with the matter. When I bought the car the sales man (Richard) gave me assurance that I can take the car back to any dealer in case of any problem. I bought the car by trusting the name Skoda- The car can never suffer that much of wear/tear in 1800/1900 miles of driving within 2 months. Two dealers do not trust each other- I am the victim in every possible way. Should I buy another Skoda again- I doubt. I will have to go to the court. I wpuld praise Willis motor for their honesty.

• 3 weeks later...

Just traded in my old car and picked up a (second hand) Rapid spaceback from Rainworth Skoda - happy with deal offered. The sale was dealt with in a most professional manner (by Kev Smith). The car was well presented and the handover was quick and simple - thanks Kev :thumbup:

I've dealt with all aspects of this dealership for many years (parts, sales, after-sales and service) and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Edited by pinkpanther

• 2 weeks later...

just come back from a 1st service on a roomster from them 

its my 2nd car from richard and the service went without a hitch 

it was bizarre to see on the dashcam all the techies walking round with plastic bags on there feet to prevent oilly foot prints and a plasitc wheel cover left on 

free coffee even though the machine was a bit confusing to use 

all in all great service 

and a nice touch was being greeted in the carpark by name with an umbrella 

and a video emailed with the health check 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ok so negative for Rainworth I'll keep it brief

Received an email offering fabia colour editions clicked on contact us and left phone number

2 days later I get a phone call explained I was currently in a lease now bearing in mind he had no details about me or the car I was told I can't change the car without huge penalty

Emailed Richard Hollis kust to see if there was anything he could do to assist and he didn't even respond

Ok so bickerton is part of the same group but the difference was night and day got the car from them with no penalty

• 1 month later...

I had  the Octavia Scout in for it's second year service at 19250 mils last week, my car was collected from home on time and brought back cleaned and valeted very well.

Even got an email video link showing the underside, suspension and drive train and a talk through.

Job well done and price ok.

• 6 months later...

Yesterday took my wife's RS to Rainworth Skoda for a minor service, MOT, aircon service and break fluid change (60 miles round trip twice in the day).

First time I've used them as previously used Gordon Lamb in Derby where we bought the car new (was starting to lose patience with their approach/lack of customer focus) and didn't fancy taking to Bristol Street Motors in Derby who now have the franchise due to negative feedback and a shared makes workshop.

What a difference!  Having arrived at Rainworth at 08:30 I was warmly greeted outside by name (must have memorised which registration numbers were due in), shown to the seating area where I was promptly collected by a service representative, paperwork checked/signed and then taken outside to a new Fabia courtesy car for the journey back to Derby.  Was called to advise that it had passed its MOT and that they would call again to confirm when it had been washed/vacuumed.  Was called again as promised to say it had been cleaned and that it would be ready for 16:30 as requested.

Collection was just as efficiently processed and I was also given a book of servicing offer vouchers for next time.

Based on this experience I will definitely be making the journey again.  I don't expect the impossible but do appreciate great service - well done Rainworth!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have now bought my fourth car from Rainworth this time a 4x4 DSG Karoq which is 4 months old.

As with the other deals we were not pushed to do the deal, the salesman Mark Copcutt did his best to give me a deal to suit us and was a pleasure to deal with, he is new to Rainworth but is from a well established family dealership so really knows how to treat a customer.

I am just awaiting a spare wheel kit which was negotiated in the sale, I am aware it may take a while but I'm happy with the way things went.

Would I recommend them? well it is my fourth!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:14, Gomezz said:

I have now bought my fourth car from Rainworth this time a 4x4 DSG Karoq which is 4 months old.

As with the other deals we were not pushed to do the deal, the salesman Mark Copcutt did his best to give me a deal to suit us and was a pleasure to deal with, he is new to Rainworth but is from a well established family dealership so really knows how to treat a customer.

I am just awaiting a spare wheel kit which was negotiated in the sale, I am aware it may take a while but I'm happy with the way things went.

Would I recommend them? well it is my fourth!

Today I am pleased to say my spare wheel kit was fitted as promised by the salesman Mark, so very pleased with it all.

• 2 years later...

I continue to be happy with this dealer.

Had the car serviced at 3 years old, MOT, brake fluid change and 4x4 oil change as well as normal stuff, they also found the battery to be faulty and renewed it under warranty.

The service also included complementary AA roadside Assistance to sweeten the deal.

Edited by Gomezz

• 7 months later...

Bought my Superb estate from these guys in August - great service and a good deal from Craig. They included dog guard and bumper protector in the deal but couldn't get them in for when i collected the car - but posted them out to me as i live around 100 miles away - You have to travel to find the Skoda you want these days! but great service from these guys and a decent deal given on the car i part ex'd too - So all good 🙂 👌🏻

• 11 months later...

Had to have passenger door lock done on the Karoq yesterday, the drivers door lock was changed last March.

Hopefully it's all ok now, the Kessy locking was becoming a real pain.

Rainworth have been excellent all around, even collecting and returning my car from home which they also do at service times.

Thankfully I do have the All in One service warranty plan.