Dennis Horton & Son Ltd - Lincoln..

DGW

Hammering back down the A46 yesterday, saw a Skoda sign and pulled in on the off chance they might have some washer jets for my Octavia. They did. £7 for the pair which was HALF the price I'd found them on eBay. Delightful people, friendly service, attentive and knowledgeable staff but not pushy and a lovely atmosphere in the showroom.

They even looked through the recall history on my vehicle to confirm whether it had had the injectors replaced (It has - hurrah!). That's something that Farmers in Leicester said they couldn't do (even with the chassis number) and I'd have to ring Skoda UK to get the information. Obviously this was incorrect.

I also took the time to drool over the gorgeous white Mk3 vrs estate they had in there and left very demoralised when I worked out that it was cheaper than the wedding we're saving for  :o

Going in Tuesday for a service and Paul said he has sorted me a courtesy car already (I hope he remembered that I said I'd love a vRS for a courtesy car! ;) ) I also get £20 free fuel as I recommended a friend and they bought a Monte Tech but forgot to mention my name d'oh!

Last two loan cars in my case have been Octy's and one of those was a new MkIII 1.4TSi :)

Had all the cars in over the last couple of months for warranty work, which was carried out to the usual high standard and a far better service than I used to get from the local outfit, so worth a couple of 70mile trips down to Lincoln.

TP

Got a call today to say they were struggling to get me a car now as they had some warranty work come in... however Carl is letting me use his Octavia vRS! Not the new model but how's that for service :) only problem is will I come back wanting a vRS... time to convince HWMBO ;)

• Like 1

Good for you Jayneyyyy  -just need to blag Oliver's 3.6 Superb next time!

To be fair the conversation was "we're having trouble getting you a courtesy car due to warranty work coming in, do you definitely need a car?" "yes" "ok... can you drive an automatic and do you mind having a baby seat in the back?" "yes and no" "ok you can take my car"  :giggle:

I'm quite looking forward to having a drive, and HWMBO has already asked about prices!

Yeah they had nothing left at all and had to outsource to Seat! Safe to say I will never buy one, it still has wind up windows! Good news is service was all hunky dory, all I had to pay was a fiver for my mileage in the Mii and £20 for a pair of new wipers as my driver's side had split (which I knew something had gone but hadn't got round to checking)

My only grumble was the mess around with my courtesy car leaving me feeling quite uncertain as to whether or not I would actually get one (which was a pain as we had made plans!) and they said they gave it a "clean" but it looks more filthy than when it went in, a quick go-over with a sponge is not a clean I'm afraid :(

Yeah they had nothing left at all and had to outsource to Seat! Safe to say I will never buy one, it still has wind up windows! Good news is service was all hunky dory, all I had to pay was a fiver for my mileage in the Mii and £20 for a pair of new wipers as my driver's side had split (which I knew something had gone but hadn't got round to checking)

My only grumble was the mess around with my courtesy car leaving me feeling quite uncertain as to whether or not I would actually get one (which was a pain as we had made plans!) and they said they gave it a "clean" but it looks more filthy than when it went in, a quick go-over with a sponge is not a clean I'm afraid :(

Not about Horton's who I find are excellent - but my local Citroen dealer gave me a white van complete with about half a ton of builders mud on board when my then new car was in for 1st service. Was only for a day & it was transport so a quickly washed courtesy car- can't see the problem!!!!!

Not about Horton's who I find are excellent - but my local Citroen dealer gave me a white van complete with about half a ton of builders mud on board when my then new car was in for 1st service. Was only for a day & it was transport so a quickly washed courtesy car- can't see the problem!!!!!

Oh don't get me wrong, I believe Horton's service is excellent, it wasn't the courtesy car that I was on about, it was MY car!

We came back before my phone call to say the car was ready as it'd been 3 hours, we waited for 20 minutes whilst it was being "cleaned" but all they'd done was rubbed a few panels with a sponge! It was still filthy (and now watermarked!)

Edit: I've now re-read my post and realised where the confusion came from thinking I meant the courtesy car being cleaned!

Oh don't get me wrong, I believe Horton's service is excellent, it wasn't the courtesy car that I was on about, it was MY car!

We came back before my phone call to say the car was ready as it'd been 3 hours, we waited for 20 minutes whilst it was being "cleaned" but all they'd done was rubbed a few panels with a sponge! It was still filthy (and now watermarked!)

Edit: I've now re-read my post and realised where the confusion came from thinking I meant the courtesy car being cleaned!

I have to say that Hortons have always cleaned my car inside and out and to a high standard, must have been a glitch? Unusual courtesy car though, all mine have been either a fabia or Roomster, never paid for fuel though, maybe that will change when the Monte goes in for the forth service reset?

I have to say that Hortons have always cleaned my car inside and out and to a high standard, must have been a glitch? Unusual courtesy car though, all mine have been either a fabia or Roomster, never paid for fuel though, maybe that will change when the Monte goes in for the forth service reset?

They were very busy but they may as well have not bothered :( and interesting you've never paid for fuel wonder why I got charged?

Normally you take the car full and bring it back full OR pay x amount per mile. Last time I had a Citigo I drove it over 60 miles and the fuel gauge didn't move so I didn't pay anything. Granted they are useless at cleaning cars and I quite often ask for mine NOT to be washed. Most car dealers are though to be honest -I don't know why they bother.

They were very busy but they may as well have not bothered :( and interesting you've never paid for fuel wonder why I got charged?

the last time I used a car I was shown to a Fabia Scout combi that was for sale (not one of their normal courtesy cars, may have also helped as it was Oliver Horton who got the keys?

Just had the service warning reset and once again exemplary service as usual, once again  I wasn't charged for fuel but I did have the shoebox, sorry Citygo (that's one little car, for a big bloke to fit in) the girls at work said I looked like a bear in a liittle tikes car :giggle:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

had a problem with my passengers front window not working on the passengers switch (drivers side worked) so rang hortons and got it booked in for a few weeks later , handed my keys over and sat down for a few coffees after about 1hr I was told I needed a new switch but it will take a few days for one to come !!!. so do hortons not keep any parts ?. I am sure they know what a problem the roomster has with the electric windows. so another 60miles round trip next sat will be needed they did say they could do it in 2 days but working days it has to be another sat .  think I need to give the new branch at  Grimsby a try for the 14 plate  in November .been to hortons three times and had 100% satisfaction but this time it felt like      "it only a roomster "   

had a problem with my passengers front window not working on the passengers switch (drivers side worked) so rang hortons and got it booked in for a few weeks later , handed my keys over and sat down for a few coffees after about 1hr I was told I needed a new switch but it will take a few days for one to come !!!. so do hortons not keep any parts ?. I am sure they know what a problem the roomster has with the electric windows. so another 60miles round trip next sat will be needed they did say they could do it in 2 days but working days it has to be another sat .  think I need to give the new branch at  Grimsby a try for the 14 plate  in November .been to hortons three times and had 100% satisfaction but this time it felt like      "it only a roomster "   

We've just traded the Roomster in for a new Yeti Adventure and Hortons gave us a good deal, have to say that in 6 years of ownership not one thing has ever gone wrong with the Roomie. Having spoken , at great length about Roomsters, Hortons don't seem to have that many coming through the doors, so maybe they don't have much need for spares??