Dennis Horton & Son Ltd - Lincoln..

DGW

Hi - Sorry to hear about this - we do record all our calls and having listened to this one - its not strictly the way it went - and #2000 difference is about right considering the car wasn't the same as ours - but sorry anyway that you felt we let you down, especially after our chat just before.  Oliver

• 1 month later...

Just had the wife disgustingly filthy Yeti in for a service, once again an exemplary visit (the wifes chuffed as the car is sparkling), even had a no pressure test drive in the new Fabia, great car but not for me yet (will wait for a hot version to arrive?).

Had a nice chat  to Darren about Project X.

Thanks again guys for a nice relaxing day keep up the good work. 

Just got off the Phone with Oliver, Very professional managed to resolve my query in seconds and put our minds at rest.

Having dealt with other dealers I don't think I would have had the same level of service. Peace of mind is what keeps us

travelling the long distance to Horton's rather than go to the nearest dealer. Customer service 10/10 IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

I would never deal with Dennis Horton Skoda again and would recommend the same to anyone else.

Had issues with my brand new Octavia vRS from day one. Arrived with a scratch on the bonnet that I pointed out when it was in the showroom. They wanted to paint the whole front of the car to blend the work in. Brand new? Respray? I think not. I demanded the bonnet be swapped for another in the showroom of the same colour. What a mistake. It took their bodyshop 3 attempts to align the bonnet correctly. Disaster!

The radio was awful with no base whatsoever. Their "master technician" told me it was the type of music I listen too. LOL. Great diagnosis!!! Fine in my wifes Citigo!!!!

The car was full of rattles and squeaks that they could not trace or eliminate.

Misadvised on 5 year warranty.

When doing the deal we arranged for my private plate to go on retention off my PX. This wasnt done and ended up with us almost losing the number plate as someone within the dealership had faked my signature on the V5 document to allow them to sell the PX on quickly. DVLA informed and Skoda UK.

All in all a terrible dealership.

I rejected the vehicle in writing directly to Oliver Horton who blatantly refused to accept there was any issue and refused the rejection.

After contacting VWFS and a solicitor, VWFS arranged for a DEKRA vehicle inspection.

The inspector was disgusted at the noises and build quality of the vehicle.

VWFS have agreed to take the vehicle back for a full refund.

It gets collected tomorrow and not a moment too soon.

Oliver Horton is a rude and arrogant man. Thinks he is in a world of his own when it comes to customer service.

My advice to anyone even thinking of walking into this dealership is to turn around and walk away. Dont even cross the threshold as it will be the worst mistake you will ever make doing business with Dennis Horton Skoda Lincoln.

Edited by tonysnake
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just had a good experience with Hortons. My family have traded with them since 1996 but I was a little apprehensive about taking my vRS in for a service fearing the creation of a job creation scheme, once my car had been in their workshop. But I needn't have worried, no!  No pressure was put on me to have anything done and after driving it home, boy does it go better. The guy who worked on it, Daniel Brailsford I believe, did a cracking job and Mike Green, the service advisor, treated me with the uttermost respect, as a customer should expect. Darren Quibell, the technician, came out of the workshop to have a word and show me the vRS Felicia Pick Up they are creating.

If they had made a mess of things I would have complained, but they haven't, so well done guys. I'm a happy man. Just popping out to try my car again.

PS When you read this Oliver you owe me a drink

Edited by nickfel

• 4 weeks later...

yeti 1.2 was ready for its second service but thought i would check the prices at (westgate grimsby) £169.09 so then rang hortons told them i had a price from westgate lady came back with a price of £142.16.

Edited by bripat

• 1 month later...

TonySnake!  The only customer I wish we had never sold a car to!  What a lovely man.........  Please do not confuse the ramblings above with anything like a true reflection of the situation, which is thankfully now resolved.

Any feedback good or bad can also be directed straight to me - [email protected]  and contrary to opinion, my door is always open to do anything I can to help.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Picked up my new Fabia on 8th Sept having chosen it from UK stock with very patient assistance from the sales guys, (what colour do you want? Red. OK. Ooooh, what does Topaz Brown look like? No idea, never seen it. Righto, I'll take it. That takes patience). Whole process has been painless, indeed enjoyable, and a big vote of thanks go to Messrs Lloyd, Reader, Howe and Gareth plus a cast of thousands. Well, more than a couple. Follow up call went well and I was in to-day to have the central locking activated as the car moves off. Had to wait for that to be done...my fault entirely as I was sat having coffee and chatting, but hadn't seen Gareth to let him know I was there. Note to self; Gareth is not clairvoyant.

This really is a great dealership and they make you feel like part of the family, (like the old T A Porter & Son in Colchester and John Darke Volvo who used to be next door to Hortons). Nothing seems to phase them and it's almost as though I have gone from my old Mk1 Fabia vRS to the new Fabia and not had 8 years of Volvo in between. Uncanny and very pleasant.

It's a pleasure to be back and if you're ever looking for a very good home for that white SperB Estate.....you have my number.

• 1 month later...

Was put in touch with this dealer via carwow. Spoke with Paul Miller and ordered my Octavia vRS back in late August.

Having had a dissapointing visit to my local dealer whilst looking for a Fabia for my mother in law I gave Paul a call and another good deal was sorted out.

Paul is exactly what I'm looking for in a dealer, knowledgeable, good deals and straight talking.

Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

Well after several years and three cars being serviced and bought from Dennis Horton (We've had three consecutive Skoda two purchased from Hortons and three serviced there) I am afraid we will have to part company under bad circumstances

On May 2nd 2015 they damaged our car in the workshop.

Superb Roof After Dennis Hortons Service

It took them until late July to get the car back to us.  Even then the roof gutters no longer fitted in the car

We have just had it back in for the gutters  to be fixed, came back no different.

It seems if things go wrong they can't put them right :(

https://www.facebook.com/chris.robinson.1840070/posts/10153739397999709?pnref=story

12273571_10153739397299709_1652702800237

12304531_10153739392589709_2277254848649

12322496_10153739392604709_3225743805519

Edited by snikom

^^^^^ May till July, & now December.

Surely you have a career on the Comedy Circuit!  

Seems like you should maybe move on from Customer Services and Management.

• Like 1

If that's typical of the work done by this 'VW approved bodyshop' I'd be looking for somewhere else!  Or maybe getting it unapproved.  Have you contacted Skoda UK about this?  It's appalling treatment of a customer - any customer, but particularly a regular customer.

• Like 1

To be honest a roof repair is never easy i can't understand why it wasn't written off by the insurance though, how old is the vehicle? must be some mitigating circumstances surely!

Hiya

Yes we have contacted skoda uk, but they say there is little they can do but liase with Hortons (which they have been doing), we have been talking directly to Oliver Horton on and off throughout the process.

We have now also contacted motor codes.

We have asked for engineers reports, assessors reports etc, but none have as yet been forthcoming and so we dont really know what work has been done or how extensive the damage was.  

The idea of sticking photos on the internet etc. wasn't really the route I wanted to go down, but after seven months and when it came back last week exactly the same to my untrained eye as when we dropped it off.......

Vehicle is seven years old and yes I was surprised it wasn't a write off too.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Had a cold call from Horton's recently which bizarrely coincided with me considering replacing our Rapid TSI for a TDI. Have dealt with this dealership successfully over a number of years, so asked for some figures on a new Rapid TDI of a similar spec to the current car. While they offered a good discount on the new car as on previous occasions the P/X valuation given on our car was woefully poor, wiping out a good chunk of the supposed discount offered.

Needless to say I didn't pursue this line of enquiry any further and in the end excepted a far more realistic P/X value against a year old top spec Seat Toledo TDI.

TP

• 2 months later...

Just bought a 2011 Superb from Terry at Horton. Fantastic prep of the car, finance was hassle free and part ex valuation was fair.

My only criticism would be their lack of effort in finding out information. I saw it on the website and enquired as to whether it has paddleshift as the photos werent very clear. The answer was no it didn't however when I decided to go and look, low and behold it did have. Could have cost them the sale for the sake of popping outside and looking.

Very happy with the car though. It's going back in next week due to a dent in the bumper. No quibble though so expect a decent outcome!

I'd recommend them for buying a car for sure. :)

• 5 months later...

I think Hortons ought to take notice of this thread:  

I was happy enough with Hortons before the 'facelift' but rather less so now - mainly because it's impossible to take a car in for service, or collect it, without a built-in delay while you wait in the waiting area (coffee provided, of course) for someone to come over from Service.  You're greeted pleasantly enough, but it's impossible to talk or go directly to the service people - there's always a delay.  All very glossy, all very white, but all very impersonal, corporate, soulless and sterile.

That £1.3m has to be paid for - and it can only come from the customers.  Reaction on the above thread is pretty negative too.  Oliver, I think you need to be aware of this - though it's probably too late now, and I appreciate that Skoda probably didn't give you any option.  I think the unofficial Skoda/VW service places in Lincoln are going to have a field day.

On 08/04/2017 at 17:10, mangochutney said:

I was happy enough with Hortons before the 'facelift' but rather less so now - mainly because it's impossible to take a car in for service, or collect it, without a built-in delay while you wait in the waiting area (coffee provided, of course) for someone to come over from Service.  You're greeted pleasantly enough, but it's impossible to talk or go directly to the service people - there's always a delay.  All very glossy, all very white, but all very impersonal, corporate, soulless and sterile.

That £1.3m has to be paid for - and it can only come from the customers.  Reaction on the above thread is pretty negative too.  Oliver, I think you need to be aware of this - though it's probably too late now, and I appreciate that Skoda probably didn't give you any option.  I think the unofficial Skoda/VW service places in Lincoln are going to have a field day.

Totally agree with you, I was in last week and the reception lady was busy so managed to walk around her and through to the service desk but quite why she needs to know every single bit about what you are doing is annoying to say the least.

Even when you get to the service team they seem to do nothing but talk down to you and treat you like you do not know what you are talking about.  Speed is also a problem for them, you can be sat looking at your car for ages before they get around to doing the paperwork to let you leave.

Honestly with the current fault (vibration rattle), I have given up on them and am going to pay my local garage to fix the problem rather than have it done under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow-up to this, it's now practically impossible to get hold of anyone on the service side - even by phone.  Every (and I mean every) time to call them, you get the reception people, and every time they say they'll have to get someone to call you back.

That wouldn't be so bad if they called back quickly, but they rarely do - it's sometimes a matter of hours later.  Very convenient, no doubt, for Hortons, but not remotely convenient for the customer.

I'm thoroughly fed up with this level of customer service now - such a change from the way it used to be, when the customer mattered.  Now all that seems to matter is a glossy image, but when you get under the gloss, there's nothing there.  I'll be defecting very shortly to another much smaller garage.  A lot less glossy - but rather cheaper, much better communications, and they don't have to find ways to claw back £1.3m from their customers.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 17:10, mangochutney said:

while waiting for my car while it had a service in (May )I was frozen come on move the waiting area away from them doors !!