Dennis Horton & Son Ltd - Lincoln..

DGW

To counter-balance the above posts, I received good service yesterday at Hortons. Simple annual minor but friendly and comprehensive. Some warranty work was performed at their initiative which was good news. It does take a while to get served but I planned my day and built in the time to collect it, had a hot drink and relaxed. In contrast to other users' experience, the service adviser was really cheerful and receptive. The DSG diesel Octavia courtesy car was a nice change from Citigos and Fabias. There is now an admin charge of £10 for the courtesy car but that's simply the cost of business and someone has to pay for it. My car was spotless on collection even though I thought the weather might be too cold for their car wash bay to operate. As a final note, I have dealt with Hortons for a long time and had a couple of minor niggles but if there's a problem they always try their best to fix it.  

• 9 months later...

ordered a new kodiaq  sel (carwow) in May , Paul was a great man to deal with and knows his stuff now the wait is going on a bit too long but that is not Hortons fault with the new wltp tests and now I am trying to keep the £1,000 test drive offer from May due to the wltp delays taking delivery past 30th September lets see what happens . 26/9/18 Oliver Horton just rang me to ok the £1,000 test drive offer thanks Horton skoda.

Edited by bripat

SWMBO got her Rapid from Hortons in June 2016.  Salesman Terry was very knowledgable and helpful.  The other staff were friendly and courteous.  I would have gone to Hortons for my Kodiaq last April, but the exact car I wanted was in stock at Sandicliffe Leicester, pre-reg with 6 miles on the clock and best part of £4K under list price, so too good to miss.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 07/09/2018 at 18:41, bripat said:

ordered a new kodiaq  sel (carwow) in May , Paul was a great man to deal with and knows his stuff now the wait is going on a bit too long but that is not Hortons fault with the new wltp tests and now I am trying to keep the £1,000 test drive offer from May due to the wltp delays taking delivery past 30th September lets see what happens . 26/9/18 Oliver Horton just rang me to ok the £1,000 test drive offer thanks Horton skoda.

Pitty they want £10 insurance and 24p a mile for a courtesy car as my 5 MTH old kodiaq has the SOS problem . I would only use the car to get home and back to dealers, I'm sure they will claim more from Skoda when they give you a courtesy car .

• 3 months later...

Never ever buy a car from this dealership chain.  They delivered my car faulty (even though it had gone through PDI).  The after sales people have never even had the courtesy to contact me despite repeated attempts to sort the matter and I was left to go to another dealer to sort a brand new car).  Utterly shambolic.

• 2 months later...

Had a email asking me to ring them to book my first minor service told them I would wait  if I could book any Saturday morning the reply was I could not have a waiting service on a Saturday (I've had Saturday services for the last 4 yrs )  guess they don't need my money 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

One of their technicians, J***, could do with some training on customer interaction. I don't know if he is basically rude to all customers, or just women. Over the past year my wife has been in a couple of times with a problem on her car & his reaction is to virtually accuse her of doing something to cause the problem. Whether she has or hasn't been responsible (& she wasn't), that is no way for a customer to be treated.

• 1 year later...

Been a while since there’s been any feedback on this dealer, does anyone have any recent experience of them?

On 30/04/2023 at 21:39, Ranger said:

Been a while since there’s been any feedback on this dealer, does anyone have any recent experience of them?

Currently got an active order with them for a Kodiaq.  Bought my Superb from them in 2016 and more than happy to return.  They are as frustrated with Skoda as the rest of us in terms of them telling dealers one thing on wait times and then it often being twice that long.  I get regular updates via email with no prompting.