Vindis Skoda - Bury St Edmunds

Do NOT use this dealership!!! Called to book my car in for a service and was INCORRECTLY told that it did not qualify for fixed price servicing (FPS), and they quoted me £366.88 instead of the £259 that the Skoda website says it should have cost. Apparently, a 7 year old Fabia vRS is too old and vRS models are excluded, yet there's nothing on the FPS page (http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing) that states that such an exclusion applies. If I hadn't been wiser I would have went ahead and been overcharged by almost £110! Avoid at all costs, especially high ones!

• 9 months later...

Popped in today to enquire about changing my car.

Left shocked just how unhelpful the guy was and the absolute incredible speal of BS that came from his mouth in the following 30 minutes after explaining why I was there.

Just the outright lies about how things work and what needs to happen, even trying to lie about PCP and GFV figures and excess mileage cost they would incur if they settled my PCP!

Basically, scare tactics and an attempt to screw me for price.

I left none the wiser with him having done a check of my car but not being able to give a value as it takes 2 hours to go through it all and I would have to have a test drive.

Having already agreed to allow them to check my PCP settlement figure as I thought this was going to happen whilst I was there.

Turns out the car they are advertising as available which I was interested in already sold last week.

Total wasted journey and time. Well and truly put off.

I suspect a torrent of calls and emails to follow trying to get me back. Will have to keep an eye on my credit records too, as I suspect they will take the liberty to do a credit check..