Faintree Garage - Bridgnorth..

DGW

Another great bit of service by FAINTREE today.

THANKS Steve for the brake fluid change - TOP WORK AS USUAL!

Will be booking the wifes car in very soon. :thumbup:

Good to hear they are moving onwards and upwards - moving to Telford soon. And yes, I will still keep sending my cars there!! Good car dealers/workshops are as rare as rocking horse $h!t!!!!!!!

Steve ;)

• 3 months later...

Really? That was not the implication given by Steve when I was last there.

Telford will give them a much greater customer (current and potential) base than they have now.

Really? That was not the implication given by Steve when I was last there.

Telford will give them a much greater customer (current and potential) base than they have now.

This is what steve told me too. They are going to be the main Shropshire dealer for skoda as Shrewsbury will be closing down....

Steve

• 1 month later...

They have now moved. Great news for me as i work in Telford!

Guest George512

Hey guys, do any of you know if they do body work? Although my Fabia needs a lot of warranty work doing as well and seeings as though I'm back for Summer and Capitol in Newport are being about as much use as a chocolate teapot, I think I'll give Faintree a call :)

From experience, no, they sub contract to the VW dealers in Telford.

I would suggest you try the dealers in Swansea, or if it has to be further north, the dealer in Worcester used to have a small bodyshop of their own. Tech1e on here I think works there.

Hey guys, do any of you know if they do body work? Although my Fabia needs a lot of warranty work doing as well and seeings as though I'm back for Summer and Capitol in Newport are being about as much use as a chocolate teapot, I think I'll give Faintree a call :)

What bodywork do you need doing?

If they sub to Inchcape then avoid like the plague - how they are approved i do not know. The only bodyshop i would take mine to is www.shorade.co.uk. VAG approved too and they will undertake warranty work (had wings replaced on Bora and front bumper sprayed on Octy all under warranty).

From Shorade's opening page:

We have manufacturer approvals for Mercedes Benz, Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen light commercial,

Yep - they are excellent. You can't tell that 2 wings have been replaced on the Bora - Reflex silver to which is extremely difficult to match. Mercedes courtesy cars too ;)

They are also listed on here:

http://www.vwgroup-paintandbody.co.uk/

Although VW UK denied all knowledge of them being approved when i said under no terms was i taking my car to Inchcape....I politely pointed them to their own website and they quickly changed tact ;)

• 10 months later...

Just for info, a friend of mine who used to work at Faintree set himself up as an indepedent.

James Shelvey

dubshire works

Harpsford mill farm workshop

Oldbury

Bridgnorth

shropshire

WV16 5NN

He tends to work more on VWs now, but give him a call on 01746 218382. Will be taking my Octavia there for a full service when I pick it up

I send any paintwork to dream finish in telford, i have found the finish on vw's bodywork poor.

But obviously for warranty it has to go to Skoda approved body shop

And for warranty work the only bodyshop worth considering is shorade in cannock. Believe me I've tried them all.

• 2 months later...

Very much interested in the mk3 Octavia VRs and was dismayed with the Staffordshire reviews. Thankfully Telford is only half an hour away :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I called into Faintree in the early days of looking for my Octy replacement. I spoke to Colin and the manager. I left the dealer with a very favourable impression.

About 2 months later my wife and I were viewing our short list of cars at dealers in another City area. We looked at the Golf, A3, BMW 1 series and the Skoda Superb. We settled on the Superb but were unconvinced by the deal on offer. Remembering Colin at Faintree, I phoned them and we were able to strike a much better deal on the phone.

Two days later we went to Faintree and ordered the Superb. There was no pressure to buy and the garage were genuinely keen to ensure we bought the right car for our needs. After the order we were regularly updated on he progress of he car build and delivery.

Car collection took place just 9 weeks after ordering and was a sheer pleasure.

A hearty thanks to Colin and Faintree garage. ( I hope their after care and servicing meets the same high standards.)

Definitely a recommendation from me then!

• Like 1

Just a brief update to the above:

As promised, four days after picking up my new car, I received a phone call to

1. Enquire whether I was happy with my new vehicle

2. Reassure me that the garage was only a phone call away if I was unhappy/uncertain about anything.

It's attention to detail like this that impresses me. Good on you Faintree!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As there is no Skoda dealer anywhere near where I live, I booked into Faintree when I was on holiday in Shropshire to get a warranty issue with my 6 month old Yeti fixed. 

They gave me a loan car, diagnosed the problem on day 1, ordered the part, and had it fixed the next day for my collection. They also replaced a rusty (after 6 months) screw in the fuel filler opening and got me some touch up paint.

Problem was with Bolero radio / display: steering wheel controls not working, radio did not switch on / off automatically when key inserted / removed, radio would go off intermittently, reversing display screen not showing and other similar display issues. Solution: gateway replaced.

All in all, excellent and friendly service. I shall be getting it serviced at Faintree on my next trip.

• Like 1