D M Keith (York) Ltd - York

I had my timing belt replaced a few weeks ago & got a discount due to them leaving the air intake loose & the screws getting sucked into the air filter when they serviced it last time,sadly whilst the staff were friendly & helpfull the quality of work hasnt improved as i checked my oil at the weekend & found the air intake retaining clip not fitted correctly & a pipe not clipped back in & was catching on the top of the engine mounting.

• 3 months later...

I am happy with the car that I bought, just not happy with the customer service. I felt like I was being a burden and they were much keener to get onto the phones and keep me waiting.

a) when I bought my Yeti, I was charged £20 for fuel, on driving off the forecourt I had a range of '17 miles', unless my car has improved its consumption since I've bought it, I'm getting much more to the the gallon than the 20quid they said they put in?!

B) went to order a side foil to protect the wheel arch, kept waiting for about half hour whilst they went to check the number..

c) got a call a couple of days later to pick it up, after half hour wait was told that it had unfortunately not actually arrived.

d) when it had arrived was kept waiting again to find it, plus they don't actually apply them to the car, I'm going to have to take them to a body shop and get them to put them on for me or do it myself..

I know this is a whine and I am honestly not one to be negative, but when you are spending thousands of pounds you do expect better customer service. I am guessing the lesson in the recent collapse of many of the High Street stores has still to be learnt. Provide better customer service or they won't return!

Mike

Member `Ben Red ` is the link for DMK on here if you want to PM him, although he works at Wakefield Branch now, but helpful guy

• 3 weeks later...

I've since discovered that Keiths also broke the leather boot around the gear lever when they took the dash apart.

It really ****es me off that I have had to discover things that have been broken that that the technician MUST have known he broke, especially when the car has been back in, twice, to fix things he broke. I don't mind if something gets broken...but either tell me you've fixed it (or will do) or fix it & don't tell me - but DON'T let me find out you broke it and 1) didn't tell me and 2) didn't fix it.

York is the best part of an hour each way for me, so each trip to the dealer is a pain in the ar$e, not to mention costs of fuel.

Keiths might get my second service when it's due.....but I may well take it somewhere else tbh.

• 5 months later...

I've since discovered that Keiths also broke the leather boot around the gear lever when they took the dash apart.

It really ****es me off that I have had to discover things that have been broken that that the technician MUST have known he broke, especially when the car has been back in, twice, to fix things he broke. I don't mind if something gets broken...but either tell me you've fixed it (or will do) or fix it & don't tell me - but DON'T let me find out you broke it and 1) didn't tell me and 2) didn't fix it.

York is the best part of an hour each way for me, so each trip to the dealer is a pain in the ar$e, not to mention costs of fuel.

Keiths might get my second service when it's due.....but I may well take it somewhere else tbh.

Trying to arrange my second service now. Can't get them to answer the phone. :wall:

Looks like local independent, family run garage will get the business now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've picked up my brand new Yeti Elegance Greenline II today from DM Keith (York) Ltd. :happy: 

I've had many new cars over the last twenty years, and I must say the service and attention to detail from the York branch has been exemplary.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank  in particular David, Darren and Alan who all went that  extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

I’d certainly recommend DM Keith Ltd (York) to any Briskoda member.

• 2 weeks later...

My current car is a fabia. I love my skoda and excellent customer service when bought few years back in York dmkeith. So much so, wanted to go back to to buy car 2......but I'm a bit fed up as a week ago I asked if a car could be brought from Bradford to York to view, save me a trip. Told no problem. Arranged for Weds, come Weds aft I rang. No car collected from bradford, they were going to get but someone off sick which is ok,, it happens I understand that but they didn't ring to let me know. I rang them.

So ....Re-arranged to view this weekend car from bradford would be brought to York ....however no call as promised so I rang Bradford they still have it at bradford. Still no call from York to update me if picked up or not, an apology or rearrangement.

Looks like I have to have a trip to bradford after all if I want to view this car. Or forget about it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the feeling they thought I was wasting their time when looking to buy a new vrs mklll. Got fed up of the sales woman trying to pressure me into commit. Everything seemed like hard work for her. The test drive seemed to be a huge inconvenience. Horrible experience, placed an order with Benfield Harrogate. Wild horses wouldn't get me back there. AVOID

I got the feeling they thought I was wasting their time when looking to buy a new vrs mklll. Got fed up of the sales woman trying to pressure me into commit. Everything seemed like hard work for her. The test drive seemed to be a huge inconvenience. Horrible experience, placed an order with Benfield Harrogate. Wild horses wouldn't get me back there. AVOID

Another Vote for Benfield.  Did you see George?

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have just placed an order, (yesterday) for my new Skoda Superb 2.0TDi 170ps "Lauren & Klement" 4 x 4 DSg with Alan at D.M Keiths in York... fantastic experience! 

Since 2000 I have owned 5 Seat's of different models, the latest being an Exeo, when Seat dropped the Exeo I wanted something that fitted the bill, and the Superb did just that :) I have used D.M Keith on the Seat side for servicing of both the Exeo and my Ibiza, and always had first class service, so I gave them first chance on my new car... 

Last Sunday I sent an email with the details of the car I wanted, and details of my current car with a figure I was looking to get for my part exchange... I received a phone call a couple of days later, saying "no problem" without seeing the car, I was not pressured into visiting... So, yesterday I went in to see Alan Sheriff one of the sales team, really nice and professional experience, the test drive was relaxed... and the who buying experience excellent..

Even exceeded what I wanted for the Exeo by £1000 so even better...

I will continue to use there service department, and use the sales, in particular Alan, again... no problem...

Stuart 

• 2 months later...

I recently had my 3rd service there. It was a mixed bag to be honest.

Pros

1. Wasn't charged for a courtesy car. Not sure if this is a change of policy or a mistake.

2. Very attentive and likeable service rep (James).

3. Managed to get my rear alloys replaced under warranty for corrosion.

4. Acknowledged that my chipped tailgate corners were a known issue and agreed for bodyshop to contact me regarding repair.

5. Finally sorted my off-centre steering wheel by re-aligning the steering wheel on the steering column. This was caused by work done at the first service to investigate rattles. I suspected at the time that the wheel had been off, and not replaced correctly - but was told that this was not possible.

Cons

1. Despite bringing it to their attention several days before the service, the parts people did not order the replacement gear lever gator that was broken by them during my first service!

2. Asked them for a firmware update for the Columbus. Had to really stress that I didn't mean the map software, but the firmware. They had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about and said they were waiting for technical guidance from SUK. They didn't do anything.

3. They had the car for two days instead of the one organised, and I was halfway to York (from Scarborough) before they called me to say they needed to keep it overnight. I had asked for some warranty considerations to be made which probably accounts for the increased time, but the late call meant I was 20 miles in the wrong direction from home.

4. If replacing the rear wheels for corrosion, you'd think you would replace the fronts too, as these are just as likely to corrode as well. The fact that both fronts have kerb rash appears to have meant they decided against replacing them, despite them having corrosion in areas where they had not been kerbed.

5. More than a week later, body shop have not contacted me about the tailgate. Also the bodyshop is in Leeds - unclear at present whether they expect me to drive to Leeds or if the car will be collected by them from York. Whichever it is, I doubt they will replace the fuel used getting to Leeds!

I have had mixed experiences with DM Keith and tbh I will probably get my next service done at the new dealer opening up in Scarborough.

• 1 month later...

I recently had my 3rd service there. It was a mixed bag to be honest.

Pros

1. Wasn't charged for a courtesy car. Not sure if this is a change of policy or a mistake.

2. Very attentive and likeable service rep (James).

3. Managed to get my rear alloys replaced under warranty for corrosion.

4. Acknowledged that my chipped tailgate corners were a known issue and agreed for bodyshop to contact me regarding repair.

5. Finally sorted my off-centre steering wheel by re-aligning the steering wheel on the steering column. This was caused by work done at the first service to investigate rattles. I suspected at the time that the wheel had been off, and not replaced correctly - but was told that this was not possible.

Cons

1. Despite bringing it to their attention several days before the service, the parts people did not order the replacement gear lever gator that was broken by them during my first service!

2. Asked them for a firmware update for the Columbus. Had to really stress that I didn't mean the map software, but the firmware. They had absolutely NO idea what I was talking about and said they were waiting for technical guidance from SUK. They didn't do anything.

3. They had the car for two days instead of the one organised, and I was halfway to York (from Scarborough) before they called me to say they needed to keep it overnight. I had asked for some warranty considerations to be made which probably accounts for the increased time, but the late call meant I was 20 miles in the wrong direction from home.

4. If replacing the rear wheels for corrosion, you'd think you would replace the fronts too, as these are just as likely to corrode as well. The fact that both fronts have kerb rash appears to have meant they decided against replacing them, despite them having corrosion in areas where they had not been kerbed.

5. More than a week later, body shop have not contacted me about the tailgate. Also the bodyshop is in Leeds - unclear at present whether they expect me to drive to Leeds or if the car will be collected by them from York. Whichever it is, I doubt they will replace the fuel used getting to Leeds!

I have had mixed experiences with DM Keith and tbh I will probably get my next service done at the new dealer opening up in Scarborough.

any further details of a Skoda dealer in Scarborough ?

• 7 years later...

Just took my French-registered Skoda there for a problem with a warning light. Very helpful customer services person (Linda). A part had to be ordered but they phoned a couple of times to let me know what was happening. A good experience overall.

• Like 1