D M Keith Ltd - Leeds.

Just received a phone call from DM Keith Leeds which as I anticipated was informing me that my car is approaching three years old and therefore due it's first MOT. Whilst informing me that my MOT was due, I was also informed that my brake fluid should be changed at three years old. My car had been in the dealership for a "Major Service" less than two months ago and it seems they did not change the brake fluid in the "Major Service" which cost £279. Why on earth they wouldn't advise me about this when booking the car in for the "Major Service" I really don't understand, especially considering they were very quick to sell me an air con service for an extra £139 because that was recommended at three years.

A brake fluid change is at extra cost to the standard service but I agree the dealer should have at least asked you if you wanted it doing at the same time.  £139 for an air con service is just a joke.  If it's working OK, just leave it alone.  Just another opportunity to sell you something you don't need.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, FlyingGecko said:

If you really want an aircon service there are loads of indies all over the country who'd do it for half that. 

I had the air con service done at the same time as the "major service" because I am considering trading the car so wanted to keep the service record as good as possible.

I should also add that when the car went back in for the brake fluid change and MOT, DM Keith phoned me to suggest I have the rear brake pads and discs replaced, along with the windscreen wiper(s) which they could do while it was in the garage (for about £370), so I asked if the car had failed the MOT due to those.  They said "We haven't done the MOT yet, we give the car a health check before doing the MOT to see what might fail".  I may be wrong but I consider the MOT to be a health check so I told them to just do the MOT and get back to me.  When the MOT result came back the brakes and wipers were only noted as slightly worn, so it seems to me that was their attempt at getting me to spend £370 that wasn't really needed (well not just yet anyway).

Result is I won't be going back to DM Keith Leeds in a hurry.

11 hours ago, DB72 said:

I had the air con service done at the same time as the "major service" because I am considering trading the car so wanted to keep the service record as good as possible.

Are you selling the car privately or is it being bought by the trade?

28 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Are you selling the car privately or is it being bought by the trade?

Haven't decided if I'm swapping the car or not yet.  I've had trouble getting truly comfortable in the seat so after lockdown I will go try some different cars to compare

• 1 year later...

Being new to Skoda I tried to book my yeti in for some service work and no one answered the phone. I left a message of what I required and my contact details but no ones bothered to ring me back.