D M Keith Ltd - Leeds.

well,after being told my rear discs were in need of replacement and would not pass the next mot. And after receiving a call from angus keith who assured me that with 30k on the clock it was quite reasonable to need replacement discs...my vrs has passed its 2nd mot with "worn discs". love the car but not the bull from so called experts in service

i will never go to this place again to purchase a car, i bought my fab vrs 3 years ago, lets start with the sales, as many people have said on here i was left waiting a considerable amount of time to get out in one, the guy that sold me the car was actually ok, had a good knowledge of the car, answered all my questions and put any doubts at rest.

thats when it went downhill, first day of having the car i noticed a blemish in the windscreen about an inch or so long, blurring vision of cars infront, so i called them, and got the explanation of it should have been done.... really!! so the car goes in and they change the windscreen, as i was too young to have a courtesy car i was left without a car, on picking the car up late that day, the dash was covered in bits of glass, had i not been in a hurry id of asked for it cleaning. then the accelerator cover came off, handbrake cover came off in my hand and my door speaker was rattleing as well as radio losing tune of stations, went in, fixed covers ok, told me radio was fine, and they changed the door speaker, gets 100 yards out the dealership, rattle rattle rattle:mad:, it goes in again, same problem, radio and speaker, told me it was fine again, same story 100 yards then rattles but they had changed my "completly fine head unit", so AGAIN i booked it in, they took pictures this time showing me what they did, then guess what, yes 100 yards story, so again i booked it in, a uy from service comes out to my car with me, hears the rattle, looks through my settings

"oh theres your problem.... your bass setting is too high"

"eh, why have they put a stereo in that speakers cant handle its power then?"

"they can"

"then why is 8 too high a setting when it goes up to 10"

"coz your treble setting is on 7"

yes that was the kind of awful excuses i was getting and it got to the stage where i gave up, lived with the rattle and poor quality the new head unit was producing until one day, 3 months out of its warranty i get a call from them asking if i want any warranty work doing, follishly i said yeah the head unit cant tune into radio stations

car goes in at 4.30pm and i get a courtesy car, gets to end of next day no phone call and i ring them, woman answers, i ask to be put through to service, i get told they are all busy and could they call me back, so i said yes, this was 3.45pm, i was at work literally round the corner and would have saved me alot of effort if i could have picked my car up after work, 4pm comes so i call again, same story, so having enough i park up at the dealership knowing fine well they arent busy, and ring whilst looking through the dealership window, they are all sat around chatting, and i get told they are all busy!!!! so i marched in demanded my car back, and i get told "your radios fine but theres a hole in your boot lining"

why they had to go into my boot is beyond me, i got my keys got in my cars and left,i got to the set of traffic lights 500 meters or so from the dealership and decided to look at my trip meter, they had covered 9 miles and over that 9 miles averaged 27.7mpg!! when i used to give that car some stick it would be low 30s at worst.

so all in all if you want to be messed around by a bunch of monkeys with no passion, respect or knowledge of customer service then by all means buy from this place, i personally will travel the extra milage to another skoda dealership. how this place is still in business is beyond me

if they do happen to read these pages im sure they will recognise the story and will still have my details, if so please call me and try defend yourself

• 1 month later...

I took my Audi A3 to the body shop as my company insurance picked them.

I needed to get two sizeable car park dings repaired on the n/s and o/s (why can't people open their doors more carefully?:mad:), and I ended up collecting it in the dark when it was raining.

In the daylight the following morning I found that they had only repaired the o/s ding

(which was in the roofline???? - some git at B&Q dropping something on the roof), but left the enormous dent and missing paint from the passenger door.

They were very apologetic, and eventually sorted it, but pretty in-excusable really.

If I had been paying they would have had to sue me for some of the bill as I would have deducted some for my time!

I am just about to get a used Fabia, and the service department better be less clueless, or my hard earned will be going elsewhere.

Bought a felicia from DMK Leeds in 2002, and went there to get it MOT'd and serviced for three years till I switched to the Bradford branch.

I'd describe my experiances with them as mixed....

The sales team were OK, no problems with the test drive, PX and all that.

However, it took a while to sort the documentation though, and one day I got fed with the wait, stood next to the car in the forecourt and rang through to see what the delay was. I could see the bloke through the window as he picked the phone up, answered my enquiry very politely and told the car I was stood next to was in the workshop having final checks made. Please draw your own conclusions.......

Anyway the car ate the clutch plate about 11 months later and I was told it wasn't covered by the warrenty. The sales guy who'd sold me the car stepped in and got it sorted so I was happy.

2003 onwards and I noticed that the staff's previously freindly attitude was starting to go downhill, but assumed it was because the car was getting older.

2004 they changed the the oil filter and oil, but the filter looked identical, can't prove it but suspect they didn't do it.

2005 service & I marked the filter - they didn't change it & charged for it and I wouldn't use them again.

My mum still takes her W reg fabia there, in 2007 they bashed all the front end and said it was like that before. When she complained they sent out a guy to repair it at home, so she was happy untill all the paint on the repair came off about six months later.

Overall i'd give them 3/10, but I haven't been back for a few years now........does anyone know if they still have the 1960's felicia under a tarp down the left hand side?

• 4 weeks later...

Took my 2001 Fabia 1.4 16v elegance Combi to them for 40k service and cambelt and water pump change, as they undercut the local VW independents on price (must have been a slow time and they need the business, the VW independent proclaimed).

They did a few extras on the car at the same time, all thrown into the price, and i can't fault their service.

The parts dept was also very helpful (once i got the part numbers from here:thumbup:) and even waited around for me when i got stuck in the rush hour trying to get to them before they pushed off.

All round pretty good, and if they are still pricing keenly I will get them to change the discs and pads when they are due.

• 6 months later...

yes the 1960's felicia is still stuck outside in the open and the tarps blown off...what a waste! you would think theyd just sell it to someone who was going to save it!

I agree with the general comments here on the service dept..also the car parking is far too narrow..we had our fabia damaged while in their care..they did repair it very well but it shouldnt have happend.

could try harder.

Edited by hot rod

• 1 month later...

First time dealing with DMK at Leeds and I have to say they have been very good..ok so far so good ..did try Ossett Branch and found them to be woeful to say the least. interest. Thats in total contrast to Toyota, Nissan, Citroen and Renault dealer (who I had dealt with for years) who collectively could`nt be bothered to return phone calls or even try to win my business..How some of these clowns stay in business beats me :no:

DMK were different and I appreciated that and bought a Fabia Estate off them....True that the proof of the pudding is in the workshops down the line but hopefully all will go as well there.... :thumbup:

Edited by paully

• 7 months later...

Bought our used Fabia from Hayselden in Donny, but DM Keith Leeds is the local dealer.

The fan relay needed replacing under warranty which they happily agreed to do. As Sod's Law would have it, whilst driving down the service light came on. Turned out this was a major service with cam belt change. Servicing and cam belt needed doing so I left it overnight and collected the next day. Now, possibly I'm old fashioned in this, but I'd have expected the car to have been washed, if not valeted. It wasn't.

However, my main beef is that there was a good 20 miles put on the clock. My guess is that someone had been home in it overnight. Inexcusable if true. No way that either a service or cambelt change should put that on the clock.

A tip when going to D.M in Leeds if you are just paying a visit to look at motors etc, there is a handy car park a short walk away at Thwaite Mills. At the Traffic lights outside the dealer (towards Stourton), hang a sharp left, and the car park is a couple of hundred yards on...Plus there is the Thwaite Mills museum there....Also if you are buying, it makes lazy salesmen have to get off their arse if they want to look at your car for part ex LOL

Parking has always been a joke at Leeds, and will never improve, and the milage on Rick's car doesn't surprise me. It is possible that they drove it to either Bradford, or Ossett to do the service..Milage would sort of tally for that, but still its no sodding excuse...

These lot now have a monopoly in West & North Yorkshire, and that can only be a bad thing for the customer. Bring back the days of the small garages, such as York Road in Castleford & Aireburn in Steeton...

• 4 weeks later...

DMK Leeds sent me a nice letter saying my MOT and service is due and how they can do the MOT for the reduced price of £45 which is "cheaper than Kwik fit and National Tyres".

http://www.national.co.uk/mot.aspx

http://www.kwik-fit.com/mot-testing-and-servicing.asp

Shows that this is wrong as both are doing MOTs at £35.

Edited by Web Ferret

• 6 months later...

Just bought my new Fabia vRS from DM Keith Leeds and can only say good things about them, Offered me a great deal on my fabia and i took it with both hands. They were always on top of my order telling me any updates when they got them.

If i was to purchase another skoda, i will be sure to go a see DM Keith Leeds again :):thumbup:

• 1 month later...

DMK Leeds sent me a nice letter saying my MOT and service is due and how they can do the MOT for the reduced price of £45 which is "cheaper than Kwik fit and National Tyres".

http://www.national.co.uk/mot.aspx

http://www.kwik-fit.com/mot-testing-and-servicing.asp

Shows that this is wrong as both are doing MOTs at £35.

Hi Web Ferret,

Thank you for poitning out the reduced MOT prices above.

Please see the comments below on behalf of Dougal Keith, The Managaing Director of D M Keith Ltd:

" when we wrote the letter the price was indeed cheaper than National & Kwick-Fit but in the tough economic climate the two companies concerned have dropped their prices with out telling us ! Clearly we don't want to disadvantage our friends at BriSkoda so while we review our normal Skoda offer pricing we will be happy to offer an MOT test for £29.95 for Briskoda members. All they need to do is ask for the BriSkoda MOT special offer price. We will run this until the end of the year 2011 by which time we will have completed the review. While it's only a £5 saving on Kwick-Fit etc. every little helps as they say."

Regards

Ben Redfern

Sales Manager

D M Keith Seat & Skoda York.

• 1 month later...

Hi Web Ferret,

Thank you for poitning out the reduced MOT prices above.

Please see the comments below on behalf of Dougal Keith, The Managaing Director of D M Keith Ltd:

" when we wrote the letter the price was indeed cheaper than National & Kwick-Fit but in the tough economic climate the two companies concerned have dropped their prices with out telling us ! Clearly we don't want to disadvantage our friends at BriSkoda so while we review our normal Skoda offer pricing we will be happy to offer an MOT test for £29.95 for Briskoda members. All they need to do is ask for the BriSkoda MOT special offer price. We will run this until the end of the year 2011 by which time we will have completed the review. While it's only a £5 saving on Kwick-Fit etc. every little helps as they say."

Regards

Ben Redfern

Sales Manager

D M Keith Seat & Skoda York.

Thanks for the response Ben,

In February 2011 I had quite a fight for Leeds to price match others, despite a huge display board right behind the service desk saying how they would price match any VAT registered service price within 10 miles. I had service quotation printouts from 3 other national agents with outlets 2 miles away from Hunslet which were all significantly cheaper. There was a mention of "genuine parts", I asked them to look again at my quotes! :rofl:

I'm out of warranty now and about to shop around for a cambelt and major service due in 3 months.

Thanks for the response Ben,

In February 2011 I had quite a fight for Leeds to price match others, despite a huge display board right behind the service desk saying how they would price match any VAT registered service price within 10 miles. I had service quotation printouts from 3 other national agents with outlets 2 miles away from Hunslet which were all significantly cheaper. There was a mention of "genuine parts", I asked them to look again at my quotes! :rofl:

I'm out of warranty now and about to shop around for a cambelt and major service due in 3 months.

Hi Web Ferret,

Sorry to hear your issues with the price match. Let me know how you get on with your shop around and I will speak to Andy Hurley, the Service Manager over at Leeds to ensure you get the price match smoothly, without a fight! We do like to honour the promises we make and get Briskoda members on board with D M Keith.

Thanks, Ben

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased our Yetiin March 2011 from the Ossett branch of D.M Keith as the salesman at Leeds was not prepared to get anywhere near the Drive the deal price, in fact offered no discount and proceeded to "rubbish" Drive the Deal,saying that it wasn`t price protected etc, however the Ossett branch was far more accomodating and got within £500.00 of the internet price! The Leeds branch is far more convenient for us and we have made use of the bodyshop when the car was hit by a Deer, Deer 1 yeti 0! unfortunately the first two attempts at fixing the damage didn`t work, but third time lucky everything was ok. I have to say that the effort that Simon Duckworth put in to resolve the matter was brilliant, after all it was the bodyshop technician that was to blame on this one! and compensated us with a couple of free valets. First service is due soon, so hopefully things will be ok. So in a nutshell, Sales dept, could do better, but top marks to bodyshop/aftersales although it would have been nice to get the car repaired to a good standard first time.

• 2 weeks later...

We purchased our Yetiin March 2011 from the Ossett branch of D.M Keith as the salesman at Leeds was not prepared to get anywhere near the Drive the deal price, in fact offered no discount and proceeded to "rubbish" Drive the Deal,saying that it wasn`t price protected etc, however the Ossett branch was far more accomodating and got within £500.00 of the internet price! The Leeds branch is far more convenient for us and we have made use of the bodyshop when the car was hit by a Deer, Deer 1 yeti 0! unfortunately the first two attempts at fixing the damage didn`t work, but third time lucky everything was ok. I have to say that the effort that Simon Duckworth put in to resolve the matter was brilliant, after all it was the bodyshop technician that was to blame on this one! and compensated us with a couple of free valets. First service is due soon, so hopefully things will be ok. So in a nutshell, Sales dept, could do better, but top marks to bodyshop/aftersales although it would have been nice to get the car repaired to a good standard first time.

Similar here. I bought from Ossett but serviced in Leeds. As you may have read on here fro my other moans, Leeds will price match eventually. Simon has repaired both the front and rear of my Octy after two separate non-fault minor bumps. I had a few minor problems (because I wanted perfect repairs) but they got sorted eventually.

Its back to DMK Leeds in 2 weeks for a cambelt.

The free valet is a half hearted wash, a quick vac and some yuk sprayed on the dash. Still its free so can't complain.

If you ever need the dealer principals email as a last resort PM me.

Edited by Web Ferret

• 1 month later...

All the staff helpful and i cannot fault their customer experience apart from one comment from someone on the service desk whom made me feel i was telling porky pies and the electrical fault did not perhaps exist.

Very quick at sorting out a courtesy car, super except when driving it the brakes grinded like hell and it appeared it was 5,000 miles over its service. i even checked in its service book, no stamp. i did mentioned this to the service desk to someone other than the previously mentioned employee and they joked,'' thats the bodyshop for you''. (I had been given their loan car you see). Yes it will be really funny when the car either breaks down or the brakes fail

Most non skoda dealers tend you give the basic models, so in this respect this dealer really looks after their clients with models of all shapes and sizes on their courtesy car fleet. They also provide a loan car very quickly which is super.

Compared to the likes of the big boys that sell all makes franchises, dm keith provide a much more customer service experience, like the good ole days and is a breath of fresh air. I have found all of their staff to be approachable and helpful. I would be confident if i needed advice i could pop in and a technician/employee would take a quick look. Try this at one of the big chains and you need a weeks notice to book it in.

Someone on here moaned about their sales dept. 4 years ago i went in to enquire about a used fabia and saw a middle aged balding guy. I am still waiting for him to come back to me.

This time around I thought i would give them another try. I rung them up and it was someone called Joanna in sales, I thought oh no, yes this sounds exist, but i thought i am going to get a similar female sales person to that of someone from a dealer in Huddersfield (unable to name but which is one of the bid national companies) i.e. someone whom looks pretty but absolutely knows nothing about what she is selling. Men you see sometimes see it as men know more about cars.

Well i hold my hands up, shoot me all you females out there, Joanna knows everything about the cars, she even compared the car i wanted to that of my current car citing bhp comparisons,equipment etc and which engine she would go for. She even went to the trouble of getting me a few cars to test drive having to move half of the forecourt but nothing was too much trouble. I was astounded, i thought blooming heck proper customer service in 2011.(its a hard thing to find lol)

she absolutely went out her way to help and with her aftersales she kept me informed all the way with delivery info , even telling me which ship the car is on and advising where you can track your car online going from port into grimsby. And i am on my 14th car, fourth new and out of every salesperson, male and female, Joanna is the best i have ever come across so that dispells my sexist theory. lol.

The question is , would i use another dealer, at the moment certainly not. Once you have experienced the national big dealers that stock every make and model, ones were you can not speak to a mechanic, ones were you need a weeks notice for a loan car, and a week to book the car in, ones were you get put through to a national call centre to book your car in for a service...... and then you come to dm keith it is like stepping into another world.

Keep up with the old fashioned values dm keith. It was a toss up between a local seat dealer, for a seat ibiza estate or a fabia estate. Joanna and your set up at dmkeith won the decision for me. (though beating my local seat was not really that hard, they were dire). And as for the bald headed salesperson from 4 years previous, well lets forget that

I forgot to add. Dmkeith always wash my car when i pick it up. A nice personal touch that is really appreciated and makes me feel like a valued customer.

Edited by kiansdad

• 4 weeks later...

DMK Leeds get a :thumbup: from me today.

Price match on a service and MOT. It would be unfair for me to state what I paid but DMK did honour their price match pledge and did a very good deal.

A decent wash and valet too.

• 2 months later...

skoda customer services are incompetant,

my 61 plate fabia has intermittent electric window issues

they fail to go up or down

the diagnostics at DM KEITH say NO error.

Therefore they cannot fix my car, They cannot spend time on looking at my vehicle because without a fault code off their diagnostics machine, Skoda will not pay them to diagnose the fault under warranty.

Customer services are still months down the line looking for a solution. I get told I will be keep informed, but I do not.

Dealer is not interested, on one visit they insinuated I was telling porky pies. So the next time the fault occured i drove to the dealer left the engine running and made their mechanic view the fault.

Skoda Customer services are incompentant

and D M KEITH if the computers says ''No'' then it is tuff luck, your car does not get fixed

I want to reject the vehicle so much . but i like the car apart from its naff fuel consumption. My aim is to annoy Skoda and be the customer from hell. Watchdog, Auto express, What car here i come.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had bodywork rust on my 05 Octavia done under warranty by Leeds bodyshop. Simon the manager of the bodyshop was great. He sorted everything with Skoda after the UK call center gave me wrong information! The work is really good, courtesy car provided (you have to pay or sort insurance yourself), and Simon kept me in the picture throughout. Even dropped my car off & picked up theirs when done.

Great, much better than previous experiences at other dealerships in Yorkshire.

:-))

• 3 weeks later...

Ive given up on this dealership as they have been very poor and cant belive there is little choice in west yorkshire. we now own a new ford and would have gladly bought a new skoda if another better dealership had been near.

they USED to be a good place to go but I suspect got too big too quick. their loss...our money was taken elswhere!

Not impressed with these time waster and how slack some of the staff are, I'll be trying Bradford after today's episode. It started when my girlfriend went down on Wednesday morning for them to check if the coil packs needed changing. We was not told a time to go down so I doubt we was booked in? They took the car and checked the coil packs, the guy that brought the keys back handed the keys over and said they need changing but they needed to be ordered and started to walk off. So my girlfriend said "when will they be in?",his reply was "should be in tomorrow with a few erm's and um's, Can you come back tomorrow?" she said "no Saturday would be better" so the reply was "ok Saturday" no time given again?

I drove down this morning and had a call on the way down asking if I was coming in to which I replied "I wasn't given a time and was on my way down and I'd be there in 20mins" I got there and I gave them the keys. Half hours later I get my keys back and told me that they had the right coil packs in????? "I said you checked them the other day and told me that they needed changing?" the women said that another mechanic had checked them and they was the right ones and checked the computer and said it showed it had been done??? She then said sorry for wasting my time.

1, why did the first mechanic say they needed doing and the computer when I rung them a week before say they hadn't been done?

2, are they really that daft that one machanic can't read the bloody numbers on them?

3, are they just fobbing me off as they didn't want to do them?

It may not sound much but I can't stand liars and incompetent people to which I feel I have been delt with, plus I missed a mornings work cause of them!

Sorry about the rant but I felt it needed to be said.