D M Keith Ltd - Leeds.

went down today for the code for the Bolero i have just taken out

while there i bought a oil filter to go with the mobil 1 esp i bought the other day

they got me the code for free and when i asked if they could do a service while i waited the service manager said yes if i didnt mind waiting

it took about an hour

stamped the book

checked any outstanding campaigns for my reg

i have to say i got a very warm welcome

was well looked after

and the service was very cheap because i had my own oil and filters

so thumbs up from me

• 5 months later...

Just had my Octavia serviced at Leeds and although there was a slight parts issue to start with, as I described on another thread, quickly resolved by the Service Manager, the car was picked up from home, serviced and brought back by them. Telephoned first to say when it was done and car enroute back. Fully valeted and no in between calls trying to chisel extra work out of you, which is reassuring and normally how I find Leeds. Many Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just had our Fabia serviced here after Lightcliffe at Halifax declined to price match an official but less convenient Škoda dealer. This was the final straw for Lightcliffe who have gone downhill markedly since losing the dealership.

DMK Leeds was first rate. On time, courteous and competitive on price. The only thing they didn't do was wash the car but that was mostly because I was in a bit of a rush that day and declined to wait. Good show!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have, up till now, used DM Keith in York as my nearest dealer. I had chips on the corners of the tailgate which were to be sorted under warranty, which meant I needed to take the car to DM Keith Leeds. A bit grumbly about having to drive an hour and a half each way for a warranty job, but there you go.

So I arrived at DM Keith on a Saturday morning and was greeted by a charming gent who asked who I was here to see and did we want tea or coffee. I didn't even get coffee when I bought my Superb from the York branch!!! I had a long tour round the car with Mike who took copious notes. We discussed the tailgate work, asked for some help with the bonnet which I had carelessly scratched. They agreed to do a machine polish and touch up of stone chips etc for £30 which I was happy with. I also noticed that the badges were in various stages of corrosion, so agreed to have them replaced with the new silver badges. Also the gear lever gaitor which York had broken and failed to replace, twice.

This brought me to the wheels. I had already had the two rear wheels replaced under warranty for corrosion, but there was quibbling over the fronts because of kerb damage. Mike and I discussed this at length, and I showed him that whilst there was kerb damage in some areas, there was also corrosion in areas where there was no kerb damage, including between the spokes. Mike agreed with me and said they would attempt a replacement under warranty.

I left DM Keith very impressed with the competence and care of the staff, confident that the issues would all be sorted. I was particularly struck by how different an experience it had been from the York branch.

For other reasons, the car was left with them for a full week. On the Thursday, I called to ask if everything was ok and check that the car would still be ready to collect on Saturday. They said yes, everything was fine and the car would be ready. I asked about the wheels, to be told that they had refused the warranty claim because of the kerb damage. I asked to speak to the Service Manager who said that he had just been asked to look at the wheels, without any additional detail, saw the kerb damage and said no. I explained that there was other corrosion so he agreed to take another look. I asked him to take photos to send to SUK, and he said he would. He said that they would definitely get a response back by Saturday.

I got another call at 4.45 on Friday afternoon from yet another person I had not spoken to before. He had been left a note about "wheels" but didn't know what it was about so he called me. I was pretty fed up. Clearly, not only had nothing been done all week, but there was no way of getting a response from SUK before Saturday. We went through the same discussion (again) about corrosion in areas separate from the kerb damage. In addition to that, I was told that the car would not be ready till about 11 on Saturday morning because the paintwork would not be ready.

So in short, I've had to explain the problem with the wheels with FOUR separate people at DM Keith (York and Leeds), none of whom seem capable of passing the information on to the others. The Service Manager appears to have basically fobbed me off over the phone and done nothing.

I had previously booked an appointment to look at a Citigo whilst we were there. After the call on Friday I was so frustrated I was ready to cancel the sales appointment. I probably should have done, but didn't.

No doubt even if the wheels are approved for replacement, I will have to drive to Leeds again to get them fitted.

I bought the Citigo in the end, but it will probably be the last time I ever use a DM Keith branch again.

• 2 months later...

It would appear they aren't getting any better.  Called in last Saturday, really helpful sales guy and order placed.  However, I'm not convinced he knows much about his product.  Said I wanted to add sunset glass and told it was standard.  Eventually I convinced him, from the brochure, that it wasn't and he added it on.  I also asked for Adaptive Cruise Control and told it wasn't an option, which it wasn't in the brochure he had so I presumed he was correct and went ahead with the order without ACC.  Told I would receive a call Monday about 09:00-09:30 with results of finance check etc.

Monday, no call received.  Through the day I called them 5 times, each time being told that the sales guy I had dealt with was unavailable and nobody else could help so he'd ring me back.  Eventually, on the 5th time I got through to him to be told everything was OK.

Then on Tuesday I realise that the brochure they were working from is August 2014 and wrong.  ACC is indeed now an option according to BriSkoda and the October 2014 brochure.  I double check on the Skoda UK website and that's correct, it can be added on.  I've since left no less than seven messages between Tuesday and today (Sunday) and not got a response.  This morning I had a stern word with the receptionist who took the call and told them that if I wasn't called back today I would be coming down in person to cancel the order.  10 minutes later I got a call back with an apology as the sales man (Chris Breary) reckons he's not received a single message to call me.  He's promised a call by 12:00 tomorrow to confirm that they've added it on to the order.  We'll see what happens.

I'm seriously starting to think that this was a poor choice and maybe I should cancel anywhere and go buy something else. 

It would appear they aren't getting any better.  Called in last Saturday, really helpful sales guy and order placed.  However, I'm not convinced he knows much about his product.  Said I wanted to add sunset glass and told it was standard.  Eventually I convinced him, from the brochure, that it wasn't and he added it on.  I also asked for Adaptive Cruise Control and told it wasn't an option, which it wasn't in the brochure he had so I presumed he was correct and went ahead with the order without ACC.  Told I would receive a call Monday about 09:00-09:30 with results of finance check etc.

Monday, no call received.  Through the day I called them 5 times, each time being told that the sales guy I had dealt with was unavailable and nobody else could help so he'd ring me back.  Eventually, on the 5th time I got through to him to be told everything was OK.

Then on Tuesday I realise that the brochure they were working from is August 2014 and wrong.  ACC is indeed now an option according to BriSkoda and the October 2014 brochure.  I double check on the Skoda UK website and that's correct, it can be added on.  I've since left no less than seven messages between Tuesday and today (Sunday) and not got a response.  This morning I had a stern word with the receptionist who took the call and told them that if I wasn't called back today I would be coming down in person to cancel the order.  10 minutes later I got a call back with an apology as the sales man (Chris Breary) reckons he's not received a single message to call me.  He's promised a call by 12:00 tomorrow to confirm that they've added it on to the order.  We'll see what happens.

I'm seriously starting to think that this was a poor choice and maybe I should cancel anywhere and go buy something else. 

I've met Chris and think he's well meaning. It would seem that the systems behind the scenes at DM Keith are poor and too many people with a couldn't care less attitude.

Don't be afraid to cancel though. It's your money,(lots of it!) and your car. You should have it how you want it.

• Like 1

...This morning I had a stern word with the receptionist who took the call and told them that if I wasn't called back today I would be coming down in person to cancel the order.  10 minutes later I got a call back with an apology as the sales man (Chris Breary) reckons he's not received a single message to call me.  He's promised a call by 12:00 tomorrow to confirm that they've added it on to the order.  We'll see what happens.

So, 12:00 has been and gone and as I suspected not a single call from the dealer.  You'd think after receiving a *******ing over the phone they could at least ring back at the time that they proposed, but apparently not.  Given their approach to customer service I will be visiting the dealer in person this afternoon and cancelling my order.  I'd like to think that losing a £30k sale would annoy them, but given the level of apathy that they've demonstrated so far I don't really think they'll care at all.

I would go down and cancel in the middle of the showroom. Don't let them take you aside as you want to let other people know what they are like. Also a call to SUK might be a good idea.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1

So, 12:00 has been and gone and as I suspected not a single call from the dealer.  You'd think after receiving a *******ing over the phone they could at least ring back at the time that they proposed, but apparently not.  Given their approach to customer service I will be visiting the dealer in person this afternoon and cancelling my order.  I'd like to think that losing a £30k sale would annoy them, but given the level of apathy that they've demonstrated so far I don't really think they'll care at all.

Let us know what happens?

Just as I was about to leave to go and cancel the order I had a call with the dealer principal who apologised and got me confirmation that the order has in fact been amended and ACC has been added to the vehicle with no delays flagged up as a result.  I figured it was worth just leaving the order in place as I'm already 1 week into the waiting list now and according to the Skoda website the 5 dealers within 20 miles of me are all DM Keith branches.  I'm also going on holiday tomorrow so before I could place an order elsewhere at least another couple of weeks would have passed, which will be another couple of weeks closer to delivery through not cancelling.  I did make it abundantly clear though that they are on final warning and any further shenanigans will result in the loss of a sale for them. 

• 2 months later...

Had a pleasant experience today collecting my new car. Steve the sales guy was very helpful and offered good advice with products, no pressure either. Treated me exactly how I would like, intelligently. Lee the valet was really cheerful even nipping outside after a sleet shower to dry it off and show off his handiwork. All helped by the lady (sorry no name given), who immediately came over to offer help within 2-3 minutes of our arrival and sorted out much-needed brews. Maybe not vital you think, but a good impression of a considerate team, nevertheless. Servicing costs much better than I anticipated. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

bought two cars from DM Keith leeds this year, first was a used Yeti we purchased in February this year with Gareth the salesman, really friendly guy, not pushy in any way, shape or form, really down to earth and very helpful, yeti needed a bit of work doing before it was ready which he got resolved for us through the warranty on the car, The service team were fantastic too aranging courtesy car for us while the 2nd lot of work was being done, really friendly, really helpful and they bent over backwards to turn the car around for us.

then recently went back and purchased a brand new monte Carlo Citigo from him, again Gareth was fantastic in finding what i wanted, worked to a budget i had, the entire staff there are really nice and friendly, were lovely with my 3 children who were investigating every car in the shop :D. Even spoke with the manager of the branch as i was picking the new car up, again really friendly guy, very chatty and thought it was a lovely touch.

would definitley reccomend them to anyone and wouldnt hesitate to return to them in the future :)

• 1 month later...

Just had my 09 Octavia vRS LE estate into DM keith Leeds, because the tailgate had come out in rust blebs from inside the paint. Skoda authorised reapirs and the car was booked in with Matt Worsnam who was very efficient and organized a loan car for me. When DM Keith got the tailgate stripped down they discovered that the rust was beyond repair so got authorization from Skoda to replace the tailgate. I collected the car about a week later, all sorted and valeted.

Top paint job, i can't tell it's been painted, and i should point out being a photographer i am very fussy!  So all in all a top job from Simon Duckworth (Bodyshop manager) Matt Worsnam and the bodyshop team.

I would recommend to anyone, and will definitely be back if i need more paintwork doing

• Like 2

My wife received a phone call the other day from DM Keith telling her that the Citigo was due for servicing.

My wife told the person that we had recently organised a service with a local garage. Instantly the phone went dead.

Nice sales strategy, DM Keith.......

• 3 months later...

Just been in for a quote on a Fabia 1.0 with the mother in law. Nice enough sales chap, got a decent test drive but then on to the sales pitch. They "have to" include extras you don't want or need which added up to 1400 quid. Got an offer of 200 quid for the px which is a pretty ropey 52 plate mx5 with little service history. But I still would have expected better.

Anyway long story short when I got home I called Paul Miller at Dennis Horton Lincoln ( having ordered my vRS from him) and we ended ordering an SE for the same monthly payment and no cash in as Leeds quoted for an S with 300 down. Far far better px value too.

I say same monthly payment but in fact the first quote was £30 more for the S thanks to the junk added to it.

• 4 months later...

Took car to DM Keith Leeds. Left service schedule in car. They told me brake fluid needed to be changed so I said ok. Got car back, looked at service schedule and found they had changed the brake fluid 6 months too early.  Incompetence or sharp practice? Unimpressive.

• Like 1

Took car to DM Keith Leeds. Left service schedule in car. They told me brake fluid needed to be changed so I said ok. Got car back, looked at service schedule and found they had changed the brake fluid 6 months too early.  Incompetence or sharp practice? Unimpressive.

With DM Keith, it could be either unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new Fabia in January 2015 and the customer service since has been awful. DM Keith made mistakes in the sale and the senior people tasked to respond to these errors have a really poor attitude.

The idea they are a family firm with a culture of positive customer service is laughable. They ignore emails and don't even have the basics such as out of office replies. Very poor indeed

• 8 months later...

Just bought a Fabia Monte Carlo. Dealt with chap called David. Bought the car but the buying experience was not an enjoyable one. Outer skin of back box had a big rusted gash and hand break overly tight with no travel (1 click).They would replace exhaust or even loosen off handbrake. Managed to get £50 off the price of a £6k car

Just bought a Fabia Monte Carlo. Dealt with chap called David. Bought the car but the buying experience was not an enjoyable one. Outer skin of back box had a big rusted gash and hand break overly tight with no travel (1 click).They would replace exhaust or even loosen off handbrake. Managed to get £50 off the price of a £6k car

Why didnt you walk , they always run after you

• Like 1