NE23 7RH

Tel: 01670 733373

Fax: 01670 730145

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW

Originally posted by whizzo - Thu Jul 29, 2004

Good dealer.

Very helpfull when buying Furby VRS.

Two test drives arranged, with little waiting.

Good deal and new car arrived on time.

Basic spec car so it was made easier.

Problem with misunderstanding over varilable servicing resolved by free 1st service offer.

Originally posted by gingerVrs - Wed Nov 3, 2004

Awesome customer service. Took my car in and searched for 5 days to locate the problem. Once done they even washed and hoovered the car nice job silbury. Also provided me with a hire car because they had no courtesy cars.(think this might of been skoda UK though) still nice job.

Originally posted by whitey - Thu Dec 30, 2004

Bought a VRS here yesterday...i really had to push this lot...managed to get me:

VRS - Black with Cruise control

Full Tank of Diesel

4700 (with a lot of haggle) for my exisiting vehicle

Like most dealers these lot are not daft...they had a good look at my old motor and then spent ages coming back and forward with offers....dont budge until they meet your request....i got what i wanted...

id rate them 5/10...

whitey

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just read this report and I am astonished! I have been dealing with Silbury Skoda at Cramlington since 1998 and both sales and service have always been fantastic. I would not dream of going to any other Skoda dealer. I do know of some people who have tried Benfield Skoda in Newcastle and they have been dreadful.

Silbury Skoda are simply superb!:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

just learnt there was stuff past the vehicle posts !!!

have to agree with vRSO12 - Surprised re kjphil post and sorry things did not go well- i have used this garage since 1986 when they were Rover and on my fourth skoda now - cannot fault them - even when skoda uk have been unhelpful Silbury have been great. In fact aftersales and service i find as good as sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - silbury - they were terrible fixing a problem on my furby VRS wing mirror. Paint job was naff, i went back and forward almost 5 times - it probably cost me more in fuel and time than anything else. Id give this lot a miss especially for service and parts! they are hopeless.

Sales are push and patronising - beggers belief that some folk on here rate them!

whitey

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I got my fabia from Silbury and I have to say, they have always been good in their after sales, especially one guy (dont know his name but he is a shortish fella, with a nice maner) who goes the extra mile. One minus point though, was my 10k service. I went to Benfield, who were half the price of silbury who wanted £160.

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this post. We got our fabia from Silbury around 3 years ago now. The sale part could not have gone smoother. Friendly, helpful, nice. Everything you would expect.

One of the things that was going to be done prior to the sale was a wing mirror surround supplied & fitted (colour coded) as it was missing (used car).

On picking it up it had a plain black one on that had been sprayed with a red aerosol can and caked with polish. It was a totally different colour to the car. Things then went downhill. The guy said that it had just been done and would change to the correct colour!!!!!

I found out who the managing director was for the company and wrote straight to them. A gaffer for a couple of dealers including Silverlink Audi & Silbury. Effectively going over the head of the Silbury team. It got sorted as i requested using the correct procedure of being done at the Colebrook & burgess Paint & body shop on the Tyne Tunnel trading estate rather than a mechanic with a spray tin from halfords round the corner fron Silbury.

As you would probably understand, having to lead their hand to get this done properly has totally ruined their reputation in my eyes. It was my first visit. I wish places would realise that doing things like that to try and save a few bob by not sending it to the right place to get done has alienated a first time customer.

• 9 months later...

Picked up my new Octavia L&K from Silbury yesterday. Justin had been very positive and got me a great deal on the car exchange. The hand over was painless, and as quick as I can ever remember for a new car. All the paperwork had already been prepared. Everything fine apart from a very small scuff mark on the ashtray cover. I'll see how the after sales goes as its a long way from Durham.

• 2 years later...

Just ordered a superb elegance with l&k pack.

My 5th car from Silury

As usual - excelent purchace experience with Justin & his dad Terry (who is the owner).

Sevice is always very helpfull - Jim & Kevin front of house, & Andy and his team in the workshop.

It's Silbry that stops me buing a different make of car not Skoda UK who are most unhelpful.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't comment on their aftersales service as I've never used them but I have tried to buy 3 nearly new Skodas from them over a period of 5 years but always gone somewhere else. Their prices are very much on the high side but if they sell all they can get good luck to them. I have even shown them ads in autotrader from other Skoda dealers and said to them "I want to buy a car from you, you are my nearest dealer" but to no avail. I have saved between £500 to £700 by going elsewhere, once only 10 miles down the road at Benfield Newcastle. Crazy!!

• 4 months later...

My Yeti (Scarlet) was taken to Silbury by skoda assist last week after going into safe mode. I was given a Fabia courtesy car while they checked my car.

I picked Scarlet up this afternoon and was told what the problem had been.

They 'traced the fault to turbo impellor loose causing damage to DPF. Removed and renewed turbo and DPF and erased fault memories'

They also traced the fault re my rear light cluster condensation to water ingress due to defective seal, so they removed and renewed the cluster.

The rear badge was replaced as Skoda have done a recall on badges (even though it didn't really need it as it was done when serviced earlier this year).

When doing a check of Scarlet they found a nail in a rear tyre, they removed this and fixed the puncture.

All this was done under warranty by Silbury Skoda, Cramlington. She was even valented for me.

Excellent service by Silbury.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just thought I would post again on this topic as I posted when I got my 04 Fabia Vrs.

I am now on my 4th car from Justin at Silbury, and recently my wife picked up a new Monte Carlo. All my dealings with Silbury have been excellent, always helpful and willing to hep sort out the few issues ( all minor) I have had over the years of owning Skoda`s.

Currently running a Fabia Vrs and dont plan to move away from Silbury unless I move away from Skoda

Thanks

Whizzo

• 4 months later...

Had my 2010 Yeti serviced by Silbury (free, as its part of the lease deal) The staff are friendly and approachable, they also arranged to have a small blemish (rust spot from the inside out) and asked me if I wanted a small dent taken out of the opposite side wheel arch, done cheaper than what my local car repair place could manage! Our 2nd Yet will be due soon, and I will continue to use Silbury. Highly recommended! :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Sales side great. Friendly and helpful - you sometime have to chivvy them to keep you updated on order status/delivery dates, so they could be a tad more proactive, but generally very good.

Servicing centre - watch out!

I had a faulty airbag light come on. Car booked in and they did some work but identified that a new air bag was also needed.

Went back in to have the airbag fitted, then noticed my car being driven out of the dealership.

About 45 mins later, I watched it coming back in - the driver came up to, round and off the roundabout like a bat out of hell.

I asked the service manager why my car had been taken out and he said it was to check everything was OK - hmm not for 45 minutes, for an airbag...

Walked out to my car, flicked through the trip meter. 11mpg, 1/4 tank used, average speed over 60mph, oil temp 106 degrees.

Guessing that with my car being a 3.6 V6 DSG, the young mechanic decided he'd have a 'play' in my car.

Usual denials and excuses off the service manager. Complained to Skoda UK, not resolution.

Now when my car goes in for anything I get the service guy to write across the service sheet "Not to be driven off the premises" and if it is really necessary to take it out for a test drive, then I go along for the ride to stop them caning my car, wasting my fuel and endangering others...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had winter wheels off and summers put on. They also washed and hoovered Snowy as well as checking oil and water.

All this whilst i was having a coffee watching television-all free of charge.

Couldn't ask for more in customer service.

• 1 year later...

I found the sales department very helpful and not at all pushy. My Yeti was delivered as promised and the handover was excellent.

After about a month I had a light metallic rattle from the front. Andy went out with me on road test and identified the noise and asked if I had time to wait while it was repaired. It took about half an hour and I filled in the time enjoying a couple of cups of complimentary coffee.

I was sales manager at another franchise and know how things should be done, and they were! The workshop is as pristine as the Aston Martin Workshop at Beamish... Almost clinically clean. Fantastic facility with very conscientious staff.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I went into Silbury after seeing a link (on briskoda)for buying a Yeti on PCH at another dealer.

Justin was more than happy to match that offer so I ordered my 1.4 l&k tsi from him. He kept me up to date with its progress and we had a seamless handover when it came.

When we collected my new Yeti my wife saw the deals on the Citigo, after a bit of negotiations we ordered a Citigo for my wife.

As with the Yeti, the communication and service from Justin was excellent.

We have now bought our last 3 cars from Silbury who also have a very good workshop and after sales department.

• 8 months later...

Originally dealt with Ian who took me out on a test drive but after discussing my requirements, I was passed onto Shahid, who like Ian and the rest of the staff, were extremely friendly and helpful.

They especially took the time to interact/play with my poorly 4 year old who was skiving off of school that day and as a bad dad, I dragged her to go car shopping.