Silbury Skoda - Cramlington..

DGW

Guest FurryFriend

We ordered and took delivery of our car from Silbury Skoda near Newcastle. My wife and I found the whole experience excellent. We had previously checked out 3 other dealerships for the Yeti, but none had the 'feel' of a fair deal. One obviously thought we looked a bit green and quoted us silly figures, so we left. One tried to push... Really push... a finance deal that we told her three times that we didn't want (but she kept saying.... I'll explain it anyway)!   Aaaaagh. So we left... It cost you the sale dear!! I'll spare you the details of your dealership, but LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER. 

I've bought over 40 cars in my life, and don't like pressure sales tactics. We always pay cash. We dont do finance. Ever. 

Justin at Silbury is a great guy to deal with. He explained everything to us carefully, and we placed an order after he kindly loaned us his Mums own car for a test drive. The car arrived 8 weeks later, and we were kept up to date throughout. 

On handover day, Justin showed us all round the car, explaining how everything worked, even setting up our bluetooth phones, radio, satnav and other features. We were introduced to the Boss, and the service manager too. A very personal touch which was appreciated. 

Nothing was ever rushed, we felt 'looked after' and my wife and I certainly recommend Silbury Skoda as a great dealership.  Go and see them if you're in the Newcastle area. 

Keith & Teresa. Gateshead. 

Edited by FurryFriend

• 2 months later...
Guest FurryFriend

Had to return recently because our 'Oil Service Due'  was coming up every time we started our new Yeti Drive SE 1.2 DSG model. 

Offered a same day appointment, took the car in, and their tech dealt with the issue within 10 minutes. 

Great service, great dealership. 

• 1 year later...

Another great experience with Silbury!

The team initially matched a deal I had found else where and chucked in a freebie. 3 weeks later, the deal they matched had dropped by £20 a month... Needless to say, they matched it, even after signing order forms and paying deposits.

Fast forward to the collection day, where Sean personally offered to pick me up since I live over 12 miles away and struggle to get there :( 

• 3 months later...

My wife has just picked up her new Fabia from Silbury. Purchase was painless, I did my research beforehand and took my results into the garage, I left them with Sean while my wife and I took a Fabia out for a test drive, when we got back, after a bit of discussion Silbury matched the deals I had brought in, but added in a couple of extras.

We had the usual excellent service from Sean, and it's nice when Terry (the owner) pops over to have a word with you.

I had a chat with the service department to arrange their free swopping of winter to summer wheels on my Octavia.

Great service.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It looks as Silbury have now been taken over by Pulman .

It's unfortunate as it was good to have two small independent Skoda dealers in the area, but Pulman do seem to have a good reputation, so we'll see how things go.

• 3 months later...

*AVOID THIS GARAGE** after over 10 years going here buying numerous cars and recommending to wife/ parents/ friend and sister in-law (who all purchased Skoda) i'm very disappointed in the garage. If the staff are all the same I would avoid this garage and go somewhere else. I have had cars serviced here for years, as have my family.
however now I have a problem of rust on the tailgate, it appears my rust warranty has been invalidated by them not doing the service properly.

Their  website / sales literature  all say if you get your car serviced here  they do all bodywork checks, the job sheets all have the bodywork checks ticked to say they have been done, however they did not do them! Because they did not update the skoda warranty body work check this has now invilidated the warranty. I have contacted skoda and they say the garage is at fault as they have not done the check, the garage refuses to take any responsibility. I'm now stuck with the garage saying they are not doing anything and skoda saying they are not doing anything but are continually asking this garage to sort it. No progress since Sept last year. If you had your car serviced here in year 2, then be warned in year 4 (ish) on variable servicing your warranty is toast if they did not do this bodywork check, and more importantly update skoda service site to say they have. Basically a body work check MUST be done by end of year 3, and a full service here does not always mean they did it.

I'm now pretty much stuffed and reside to the fact I either take them to the small claims courts, hang on for more months or delay tactics, needless to say I will never buy another car from this branch and neither will my family. The fact that both octavia estates I've had have both rusted on the tailgate I'm voting with my wallet and ditching skoda next time.

p.s  While  I was reading a few other people comments on other sites, this "body check" issue is not unique to me, I dont know where they got their car serviced (here?) but they had the same issue of the garage not updating the skoda service site and invalidating their warranty.

• 9 months later...

I can highly recommend this dealership,i've used them for servicing my previous Octavia & they are aslways helpful & friendly make you feel valued,i've just this week bought a 2018 Kodiaq from them & Ashley on sales was so helpful,from trade in value on the Oxctavia to handover of the Kodiaq, even though they're now part of Pulman the service certainly hasn't suffered

Pleased you've had good service from them. I previously used them when they were Silbury without problem. Now owned by Pulman. Took my Octavia to them last September for for first major service just to keep the warranty up. Out of warranty now though. I got a phone call from them telling me that BOTH front shockers were leaking and they'd gladly charge me £320 a side to replace them. I was shocked and surprised at this as I'd had a quick check around under the car a few months previous and the car only had around 26000 miles on at the time. I'm a retired motor mechanic, 71, but can't crawl around like a used to ! I asked if they could show me where they were supposedly leaking but I got a load of bull about how I wouldn't be allowed in their workshop for safety reasons. I paid for the service and left. A few days later when I felt up to it I jacked the front end up to look for this supposed leak and guess what. No leaks anywhere. Dry as a bone. A few days later I got a questionnaire from Skoda asking how  I would rate the service I recently had at Pulman. You can imagine what I wrote ! Surprisingly I didn't get another reply from Skoda. I'm assuming Skoda would have informed Pulman but I've not heard anything from them in the way of an explanation. Needless to say I'll not be going back again. Now the car's out of warranty I'll use a local independent in the future. And, to finalise, I had the car in for MOT in January and passed without problem and no advisories. And no mention of leaking shocks. I rest my case your honour !

It surprises me that they told that you weren’t allowed in the workshop for safety reasons,I’ve been in there a couple of times when they were doing an mot on my car, both times to show me  my tires which had a problem ( mot failure) the prices are silly,I was quoted £225 for front & the same for back for replacing the brake pads& discs which they said were wearing thin, I declined & an independent garage which mot”d my car this year said the front pads  needed replacing, but discs & rears were fine, cost me £82

• 2 years later...

I originally had eyes on a car I wanted from here. It was under different management - silbury skoda at the time. Think it's now Pulman Skoda. 

I ended up buying a used White Octavia vRS MK3 saloon, but from a garage in Morpeth. It was actually near dealership used quality. I've taken it for regular services and mechanical bits to the dealership. 

I thought it was slightly better as silbury. They actually knocked a small bump at the front with a heat gun free of charge during a service. They gave parts discounts.. 

And very friendly and welcoming. 

Pulman seemed like they gone corporate. 

Although still probably very good. 

• 5 months later...

Three visits to Pulmans (was Silbury) in the last fortnight.

1st for a 2 year service, this found a fault on the central locking system requiring locks to be replaced,

2nd for lock replacement (under warranty), a few days later a headlight bulb blew. After struggling to get my hand in to change the bulb I phoned Pulmans for any advice/hints, to be told that if I came in the would fit a new bulb free of charge (me providing bulb).

3rd Fitment of bulb.

Excellent helpful service with free coffee and biscuits whilst you wait.

3 hours ago, DaveLees said:

Three visits to Pulmans (was Silbury) in the last fortnight.

1st for a 2 year service, this found a fault on the central locking system requiring locks to be replaced,

2nd for lock replacement (under warranty), a few days later a headlight bulb blew. After struggling to get my hand in to change the bulb I phoned Pulmans for any advice/hints, to be told that if I came in the would fit a new bulb free of charge (me providing bulb).

3rd Fitment of bulb.

Excellent helpful service with free coffee and biscuits whilst you wait.

Glad you feel that you had decent service from Pulmans. My feelings are the exact opposite. If you read my post further up you'll see my dealings with them. Amazingly my car has passed a further 3 MOTs without mention of leaking shocks. When needed I now use a very good indie at Blyth.

1 hour ago, silverden said:

Glad you feel that you had decent service from Pulmans. My feelings are the exact opposite. If you read my post further up you'll see my dealings with them. Amazingly my car has passed a further 3 MOTs without mention of leaking shocks. When needed I now use a very good indie at Blyth.

I have read your post, but obviously I can't comment on your experience. 

I am posting about my latest dealings with Pulmans, I do however understand you going to a good indie in Blyth now that your car is out of warranty.