Sedgefield Motor Co - Stockton-on-Tees..

DGW

Final Update :- Just spent 6 hours driving from Leeds to Sedgefield and back, along with a wait whilst they supposedly serviced my car. The new oil looks as black as coal and the air filter hasn't been changed, which I would have expected on a 20k service. As this was FOC as arranged by Cliff but under the objection of his superiors it is exactly what I expected. I'll pop a Green filter in over the next couple of weeks and do the oil and filter myself to make sure, but I simply can't be bothered dealing with such a shower of **** any more. I got the car at a good price and it seems pretty good in every way, so I'll draw a line under this with the advice to others to STAY AWAY from TURNERS of SEDGEFIELD !.

Edited by DGW
Abusive comment deleted.

I'm sorry you had a wasted trip. It seems that you have come to the same conclusion about SMC as I did, I got sick of trying and ended up servicing mine myself too. I'm glad Cliff has left, I hope he's gone somewhere much better!

• 1 month later...

After raising a complaint about the treatment I received at SMC with Skoda I have received an apology and we have agreed that some things were misunderstood. I was not aware that the air filter is changed at 40k miles, which seems a very long time, but that is what they say. Apparently the oil filter is no longer of the canister type which has been used for many years. Instead they have reverted to replaceable paper filter elements which are swapped out of the filter container. Hence the marks I made remaining. My car is currently at a local dealer to me having the rear wash repaired, the split seat replaced, the headlights realigned, the rear screen demister checked out and the noisy air con pump looked at, all so soon after a 20k service and 140 point pre-delivery inspection. SMC have said that internal communication errors in their administration system led to the initial misunderstandings, originating with Cliff whom, although they say was a very professional salesman and generally pleasant person, has a habit of ignoring problems in the hope they go away.

The end.

• 4 weeks later...

Re:- Sedgefield motor company Do not ever use this company under any circumstance because if you have a problem they do not want to help and do everything they can to stop you getting a refund even when they were in the wrong. And don't believe them when they say they have to wait for skoda to pay them before they pay your refund they are lying the law is quite clear if you have paid them then your contract is with them not skoda. ***************************************************** Yes i am a customer with no contacts at all with slacks.

Edited by DGW
Superfluous quote - ie dealership address - deleted. And inappropriate mention of another dealer also deleted.

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with most of the comments here - we bought our car from Cliff who was helpful but when the 1st service was due took it there to get a few of the niggly faults sorted out. Although they are cheap they:

a) didn't want to know about the creaking suspension which is getting worse and worse and is frankly ridiculous on a 1 yr old car (said no parts had worn out)

B) claimed they removed and refitted the rear quarter light as I complained about wind noise - they may have done based on the grubby fingerprints all over the rooflining and glass but it hasn't improved the windnoise situation at all

c) failed to reset the service indicator which luckily I noticed before driving off. They sent a 'techician' out to the car who wasn't sure if he could reset it without connecting it up to the computer. He fiddled around for a few minutes and they claimed it was done. Turns out hes reset if based on the 10k mile/ 12 months service regime despite the fact that isn't what the car is on.

d) spilt oil left on the engine cover

e) I could go on!

Well it honestly sounds like everyone had the same experience as myself... I even spent an hour there one time arguing that the radio booster was required for the radio to work properly on an aftermarket HU !

I never went back after that...and tbh totally spoiled my skoda experience.... I've now left the fold and own a Saab!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

worst garage in the north east when u go in they dont acknolage u. mine went in for a rattle on the front left hand side and they said it was the radio surround , when i said thats not it they said that they were not phycick, they basiclly said i was lying never use them again really no good

• 3 months later...

:) Just bought my 2001 Fabia Classic 1.4 MPI from Turners today, have to say I thought the salesman Julian was top notch, not pushy at all. Nice buying experience, compared to a certain Citroen dealer ( un-named ) near Spennymoor. Can't comment on servicing yet ( temp sensor seems to be working ok, touch wood ).

Car was very nicely prepared, valeted, 1/4 tank fuel etc. Nice little touches that a lot of car dealers seem to neglect.

Obviously some people have seemed to have bad experiences with this company, but I have to say I thought they were pretty good.

AM.

• 1 year later...

Bought my first Octavia VRS from Chris 4 yrs ago when they did me a much better deal than anyone else against my Mazda Sport. P/exchanged it a year ago for a diesel VRS & he was very happy to have it back & again got much better deal than MSB offered. Always found then very helpful so a bit surprised to read comments on here.

TDH

• 2 years later...

Well that decides it then, I'll be avoiding these clowns like the plague. Pulman's in Durham it is!

I live next door to them and don't go there.

I won't use other dealers anymore either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am informed that VASSTECH in Darlington and Northallerton are the boys to got to for service etc?

I've used them and are satified with their work and price.