Simpsons - Colne

DGW

Originally posted by monkeychild - 03-11-2003, 18:37

Bought my used 'tavia vRs from these guys well happy with them Nice friendly bunch and are chip friendly too so if you live by them go there

Originally posted by Richie the Red - Fri Dec 5, 2003

Bought my Black Octavia vRS from Simpsons. Can't praise their service enough. Straighforward good old fashioned customer service and wouldn't hesitate to use them again, even if they are 60 miles away.

Originally posted by anotherbadname - Fri Jan 23, 2004

bought my 2003 furby vrs from them. i was put in touch with them through drivethedeal.com. Simpsons are a very friendly and helpful bunch. i'm also a driving instructor so was very pleased when they arranged to fit the dual controls in for nothing. that saved me a further £300-400 so i got a very good deal all in. the car was very well turned out and they went through everything about the car in detail. from first phone call to picking car up took approx a week.

Originally posted by Marc_VRS - Thu Apr 15, 2004

Just bought my new red Furby VRS from Simpsons, good part ex price on my old car & sunroof for £100. Very polite & helpful staff , not pushy like some dealerships, not my nearest dealer but will be going back to Simpson's for servicing etc. Took 9 days from ordering to taking delivery (excellent considering 4 days of the 9 they were closed for easter weekend)

Originally posted by carl0076 - Wed 8 Jun, 2005Buying my Fabia vRS from this garage was simply a pleasure. The staff were so friendly and helpful always willing to help (even when I was calling them twice a week to see where my car was!!) no matter what.

When I went to collect the car I didn’t feel rushed or pressured to just give them the money and go, they took me thorough the manuals and the car in as much or as little detail as I wanted.

I travelled from Sheffield to collect the car, it was defiantly well worth the trip for that extra level of customer service, I’m defiantly considering taking it back to get it serviced there, well worth the trip. Special thank you to John and Lucy for all there help.

Originally posted by VUJ - Sat Oct 15, 2005

Bought my new Fabia vrs from Simpsons this July. It tooks less than two weeks for delivery and everything is perfect.

The car developed a minor problem and a few rattles later after a few thousand miles, both sorted out without any hassle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just picked up my new Fabia VRS - ordered on 20th Feb and quoted 10 weeks and sure enough 10 long weeks have gone by and I am now the owner of a nice shiny new Fabia VRS. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Many thanks to Anthony at Simpsons of Colne - matched the best price found on the net, kept me informed all the way through and made sure everything went to plan. Went up yesterday to collect the car and it was ready and waiting for me - he even filled it up with fuel to make sure I made the 200 mile journey south without needing to get out of my nice heated seats :D :D

Anybody wanting excellent price and fab customer service - give Anthony a ring on 01282 864266

Thanks Mate :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've used Simpsons for all my new cars for the last 13 years: first Peugeots when they had that dealership and now Skodas.

Can't fault the service. I think these guys care. :thumbup:

And the 1.4 16 valve Fabia we got back in May 04 has been equally faultless - so will prob trade in our now ageing 306 for a Fabia vRS as well.

Not impressed with the last salesman but then he's young and will probably learn . . . . .:(

I bought my Fabia vRS from Simpsons via Drive the Deal and I have to say they were absolutely terrific. I asked for them to change the standard programming on the anti-hijack and they were very happy to do so. Anthony Moorby did the handover and he was excellent - he explained everything very thoroughly and made my wife and I feel very comfortable about the whole process. Highly recommended. It's just a shame that 215 miles is a bit far to go to have it serviced.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my Fabia vRS from Simpson's yesterday. Excellent service from have a test drive, ordering, and collecting. Will defo use them for servicing too. Anthony Moorby is a top guy so ask for him when you go, he did an excellent job of the hand over even with one arm. :P ;):thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Simpsons when I was considering a new Fabia vRS recently.

In the end I bought a 2nd hand Octy II Elegance elsewhere (Simpsons didn't have any stock in my price range) but I received great service, and nothing was too much trouble.

Many thanks to Ants for looking after me and arranging a couple of test drives - sorry we couldn't do a deal mate!

Picked up my 'nearly new' Fabia vRS from Simpsons yesterday. I'd been looking for an excellent quality used one for several weeks and Simpsons came up with the goods.

A very special thank you to Anthony Moorby for taking the time and effort to welcome me to the dealership and for also allowing me to make an eleventh hour change to the deal - I really appreciate that. Also, thanks to John Williams and Dave Moore for making me feel very welcome too.

Simpsons are still family owned after some 60 odd years and genuinely believe in offering good old traditional customer service - how refreshing especially in this day and age.

I will certainly recommend them to family, friends and colleagues alike and anyone contemplating a new or used Skoda must go and see for themselves.

• 2 months later...

I picked up my new Octavia 2.0 TDI today, and all I can say about Simpsons is how great the service was.

From walking onto their forecourt a fortnight ago, to driving off this afternoon, all the way through the buying process I have had a distinct warm and fuzzy feeling - helped, no doubt, by their willingness to do a good deal and to bend over backwards to help a customer!

If friends, family or colleagues were to consider buying a car, used or new, I will happily recommend they have a chat with Sylvain, or any of the other guys and girls at Simpsons.

10 out of 10 so far!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought my Octy 4x4 Estate from Simpson's last March - very friendly and helpful. Numerous testdrives allowed (couldn't decide between a yellow vRS hatch and the white 4x4 estate) and even let me take a new vRS out while making my mind up!

Had to go back this week for some electrical work which they have agreed to pay for even though there's no record of my car being registered for the 12m dealer warranty. Excellent service, would highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, For reasons I have posted before (I require an auto 4x4) I have reluctantly had to part with my 14 month old octavia excellence tdi 2.0 dsg. 7,900 miles.

It was bought by the dealer who originally sold it to me, Simpson's of Colne, although Anthony Morsby is now at their new Preston branch.

As an ex-car salesman, and later sales manager in the beer trade, I cannot praise highly enough the most pleasant way all my dealings with this company have been handled.

It is a pleasure to deal with people of this calliber.

I have no connection with the company, just a very happy customer & when circumstances change I would certainly put my business their way.

Great car, which never missed a beat.

Best wishes.

Ric O'Reilly

• 3 weeks later...

Had my 20,000 service done at Simpsons today. Grateful thanks to the technician (apologies, didn't get his name) for spotting an 'egg' on the inside edge of one of my front tyres. Obviously, this could have resulted in a blow out and potential risk of accident. Decided that as both front tyres needed changing very soon anyway, paid for both to be done there and then. Also, thanks for replacing my 2 cracked rear light lenses. My car looks as good as new again now!

Had a nice chat with Cliff Simpson whilst hanging around the garage. Many thanks for answering all my questions and for helping me to kill some time!

The reason your original post was edited is that after much consideration by the moderating team it was decided that posts in the review section should only contain first hand experience.

If you wrote the story on that website and if it is a genuine review then why not post it up properly in the dealer review section.