Simpsons - Colne

DGW

Well I got may fabia V.R.S from broker back in September 05 good deal and 11/12 weeks wait bang on the nail for time. Love the car but wish I got red or sliver as I got black.Then yesterday walk I there again same person john asked how I was doing I said like to have a go in the V.R.S OCTAVIA. At the time they looked very busy give me the keys to a 55 estate I said do you need my driving license he said no not as If your a stanger "WOW . I went for about 1 hour about 20/30 miles nice better build then the fabia.Gets back to do figures nice the broke got 900 less but could not guarantee that get it in June but John did so all in all the same price was 17800 but no deposit broker wanted 2k

• 4 weeks later...

i have been dealing with simpsons since 2004 when i bought my first furby vrs i have since had a second vrs and an octy 2.0 tdi before picking up my furby vrs se on saturday i would like to thank andrew,john and kirsty as they always treat you well even when you are being a complete pain in the ar$e sorry guys.

they even lent me a standard furby vrs to race my brother when he got his chipped a top bunch of guys and girls who will have my custom for a long time to come.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Just an update. I thought I had a deal for a new black Fabia 1.6. I shook on it with the salesman (Andrew Riley). Then came back today to finalise the deal and, because I'd have to wait for 12 weeks for the car I'd lose £400-£500 PX on my current Fabia - or in other words I'd have to pay an extra £500 because they couldn't get me a car any sooner. And I thought I'd shaken on the deal.

I've written to Neil Simpson about this and will update you on what happens. . . .

Edited by DGW
No need to quote your earlier post.

Sadly that is probably correct. Many dealers won't disclose this to you and base any offer on the expected value of your car at the time of delivery of the new one.

Just an update. I thought I had a deal for a new black Fabia 1.6. I shook on it with the salesman (Andrew Riley). Then came back today to finalise the deal and, because I'd have to wait for 12 weeks for the car I'd lose £400-£500 PX on my current Fabia - or in other words I'd have to pay an extra £500 because they couldn't get me a car any sooner. And I thought I'd shaken on the deal.

I've written to Neil Simpson about this and will update you on what happens. . . .

John at Simpsons rang me today and he agreed to honour the original PX plus an extra £100 - so I agreed to order new Fabia 3.

I think this was just a minor blip in over 12 years with Simpsons. Thanks Neil, John and Andrew for resolving it.

• 3 months later...

Had my Octavia serviced yesterday, and i only wish that all dealers were this helpful / friendly.

Service was excellent - didn't even have to make my own coffee.

Will definetly be going back to these guys in future, even though i have several others closer to home (none of whom i would trust my car with).

If you want your car looks after properly i would certinaly give these guys the nod.

:thumbup::thumbup:

• 3 months later...

I bought myself a used Roomster 3 1.9TDi last Friday from Simpson's and was delighted with the service I received. Kirsti Wilkinson was very helpful and was prepared to do a deal with me over the price to get a sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a 20k service carried out on my Fabia vRS at Simpsons last Friday.

Booked it on the phone with no problems, and they priced-matched another local authorised service centre that I was considering using.

It was booked at short notice so there were no courtesy cars available, but we agreed a start time so that I could wait while they did it.

When I arrived they gave the kids and me a lift to the local KFC where we had lunch and then returned to the dealership for a hot chocolate and a nosey at the new Superb.

Some slight confusion over whether they had replaced the rear wiper blade as I had requested, but it turned out they were out of stock so I wasn't charged.

All staff were friendly and helpful - service as it should be!

• 3 months later...

Been suffering from the usual screen wash system issues with my vRS.

Connections at the res, engine bukhead and rear wash parted.

Sorted the front myself, but wasn't going to attempt to pull off the boot trim.

Phoned Simpsons. Took the car in and an hour later, all sorted, system re-filled, car washed, me filled with coffee.

First class customer service imho

:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Booked the car in for its 30k "oil change" service today.

I've also got the leaky rear door problem, so the plan was to sort that out if they could get the parts in.

I arrived at 8.30 and was offered a courtesy car as agreed when I made the booking. However, the parts needed for the door fix are on back order with Skoda, so I agreed to hang on and they did the service while I waited.

Everyone was extremely welcoming - I was offered multiple cups of coffee - not something you get in some of the big city dealerships!

Had a good chat with the mechanic who did the work - he's another yellow Fabia vRS owner.

Anthony Jones is the Aftersales Manager and did a professional job.

Cheers

Andy

PS Like the boss's new car ;)

• 1 month later...

Popped up to Colne on Saturday, for the Octy's third annual service and inaugural MoT. Arranged through Anthony Jones who was great. I'd agreed to supply my own oil and filter, which was no problem. And I'd sent a list through of some issues I wanted checked out under warranty.

I arrived at 9am as I was aware there was a fair bit to get through and service only ran until midday. As Andy says above, a very welcoming dealership with a nice seating area and LCD TV, and free drinks making facilites :) I decided to stay while everything was underway to keep things easy, so settled down with the laptop and time passed very easily.

I was most impressed with the mechanic taking care of my car, who popped into the showroom to ask me a few questions about the issues I'd flagged up. Nice to see that he was keen to find out more about what I was experiencing (wheel rumbling issue) and then took the car out to see if he could replicate the problem. Top marks :thumbup:

So I was extremely impressed with all areas of Simpsons operation and I'm likely to return there for future servicing. Very competitive pricing too. I'm back there a little sooner anyway, in two weeks; AC wasn't blowing cold and a defective compressor is the cause and it's being changed under warranty :)

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Some more praise for Simpsons in Colne, and in particular for Anthony Jones.

I've had an ongoing warranty issue with Skoda UK, which turned into a bit of a saga and has rumbled on for 2 or 3 months. Tthroughout Anthony has been totally professional, communicating by phone and email, calling back whenever I tried to get in touch, doing his utmost to resolve the situation and generally putting up with me and my ramblings. Oh - and he even managed to have time off to have a baby in the midst of all this - congratulations!

Anyway, as of Wednesday this week its all sorted with a satisfactory outcome, so credit where its due.

Many thanks

• 3 months later...

Bought a 3 year old Octy VRS from them in February.

Took 2 test drives. Nothing was too much trouble and they did the best deal on P/X

Best dealership I have been to. Not pushy at all.

Dealt with Kirsti. Very honest and always calls you back.

Also good after sales service.

Highly recommended!

• 9 months later...

After a thouroughly poor three year experience of dealing with ***************** I swapped my '07 plate blue Octavia Vrs Tfsi estate for a new 1.8 Tsi Scout at Simpsons. What a thoroughly pleasant experience. Thanks to Kirsti and Jane (sales manager). Vrs was also serviced there as they were far more friendly and helpful than Keiths. Cheaper too!. Looking forward to more years of same.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealership deleted.

• 1 month later...

Thumbs up :thumbup: for Simpsons Colne from me too.

Got my vRS in July from them and they came close to matching the DtD price. Good communication from Jane throughout the process, who was pleasant and professional at all times.

I too love the guys and girls at colne excellent service lent me a car for the thick end of two weeks whilst waiting for my fl vrs to turn up to save me having to tax & test my 3yr old pd. also new car was meant to be here for me to show off at a family do so jane swopped the run of the mill fabia for her new 170 elegance spec yeti for the last few days top marks all round from me jane and kirsti are ace. :rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbup::thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Had my furby booked in all day at Simpsons, Colne for a new radiator, 90k service, new rear brake discs and pads. Always found the staff there (and at Preston too) to be particularly helpful.

However, I wasn't quite taken with the relatively new guy on the service desk. Knowing most of the frontline staff as I do, I just couldn't help but think he was a bit of a 'square peg in a round hole' - I thought he just needed to 'lighten up' a bit. I won't mention his name (as that is too unfair) but when I returned in the courtesy car, his mileage calculation was different to mine (as I knew I would be charged 13p per mile) and we set about having a light argument about it.

I didn't mind paying, but I had clocked the mileage I had done and was adamant I was right. After he referred the matter, I was told I didn't need to pay. Considering I had spent nearly £700 there in parts and labour I should think so to. I know businesses are not charity and would have happily paid for the mileage I knew I did, but to argue over a couple of quid (if that) was a bit silly. I guess the chap didn't appreciate that I was a good, long standing customer of both dealerships.

Anyway, I shook hands and left and despite this little 'contretemps' I shall continue my relationship with them and still recommend them to all.

• 11 months later...

Spoke to Steve in after sales today on the phone about a fault with the front and rear parking sensors, explained that it tends to happen when conditions are wet which says to me that there's moisture getting in somewhere, he was pleasant enough and we'll be arranging a time for it to go in tomorrow due to the fact that I'd left work and didn't have my diary with me.

I hope they live up to their rave reviews as the Preston lot couldn't find a problem when it happened earlier in the year.

• 5 months later...

Hats off to the Colne folk who sorted a rattle for me today. Rather embarassingly it was my own fault due to the Sparco mudflaps I'd fitted :blush:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Having just got my car back from another dealer, where it has been for 2 1/2 weeks I feel I must comment on the errors I have encountered...

I initially reported oil issues 2 weeks after my service when the oil light came on and low and behold there was no oil on the dipstick... I had topped the oil up on this occasion so not much could be done...

After having the oil light come on again a few weeks later, I took the vehicle in again with the same oil consumption issue. I was advised to do a 1000 mile test drive and monitor the useage (which I did) while this was going on I started suffering from rough idling and generally poor performance. It was found that one of my spark plugs had burnt itself beyond recognition and the cause of this was put down to the fact I was running 95 ron fuel. This was changed at expense to me and was not put down to issues with the vehicle.

I was sent on my way (to pick my mum up 15 miles away) and thought I would check the oil level when I got there... Low and behold it was bone dry... nothing showing on the dipstick... Yes, I took a vehicle with an oil consumption issue and was given the vehicle back with no oil!!! despite the paperwork stating otherwise.

After completing the 1000 miles and averaging 1.5 litre every 3 - 400 miles I was told that my car was running well within parameters, I contested this and was told I'd get a call back (I'm still waiting)...

Needless to say I won't be using Simpsons anymore despite the nice facilities and pleasant staff.

Sour taste left...

• Like 1