Alex Lawrie - Liverpool..

DGW

I've not been following this thread recently and have just phoned to book my car in for a service.  I asked to speak to Billy or Tony as usual, but was told they had both left and I would be put through to a central call centre to book it in.  I declined and said I would think about it.  It's a huge shame Billy and Tony have gone.  I have been very well looked after by both these guys (and Kris before them) and now they have been swept aside and replaced by a call centre.  The personal touch, being prepared to deal with problems at a moment's notice, being greeted by your first name and having a chat about the family means a lot.  Do the guys who come in and just destroy this realise what customers really want?  Clearly not. I may book it in and give them a chance but like I said, it's the end of an era for me.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

When i was looking at purchase of a Karoq - I had  look around and called in this place - they werent interested in me - didnt even ofer to look thru the 'approved' Skoda lists to see what was available forme - just said I'd have a hard job finding a ex-demo one - so left and got served at Lookers Eccles instead. Sales could not be bothered too busy brushing their shiney suits and slicking their hair - seemed to be typical young arsey sales types.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, despite my earlier reservations at the recent changes, I had my service done and was happy with the service department, particularly Jim who was speaking with me when I collected the car.  The call centre experience was not so good but I guess I can't blame the staff here for that.  I also subsequently phoned on spec on my way to work in Liverpool, as I thought the car had an oil leak.  Jim answered and said I could take it in that day and leave it with them to investigate.  As it turned out, there was no visible leak and I wasn't charged.  As I've found before, the service department is excellent in my opinion and Jim, who I haven't dealt with prior to my service, is very helpful.

I'll personally ally never take my car there again or advise people to. They offered me a half price service for the damage they caused to my car however as I said that I wouldn't return they wouldn't put the offer into the Skoda group. As said I had to complain about the dealer and now Skoda have given me £200 into the dealer network to spend on service or accessories. I would avoid like the plague and also do not give Johnson's any of your personal data as you will be abused by them and their sales teams. I have had a call from Crewe Seat trying to sell me a Leon and I've never had any dealings with them only this Johnson's in Liverpool.

• 5 months later...

As previously said, this is now Johnson's as they've been bought out.

Hmm, I have to say i was really put off by the call center experience, nothing rude etc., but not the same feel of speaking to the service department to book it in as with the previous services.

Also, they went straight for the top cost service, and quoted £54 for an MOT!? And had to check before price matching to Skoda's own online (not cheap) price of £39.

£15 for insurance for the courtesy car (previously free), £6 for pick up and drop off (previously had a taxi paid for me to be picked up as they had no driver).

Off to Mitchell's instead, cheaper and more detailed service but will probably cost more in the long run as the OH will want to go to Cheshire Oaks.... 

• 11 months later...

Still not great as owned by Johnson's.... Call center again not rude but hate not speaking to the dealership directly. Also, they added £60 to the online Skoda price, which they said they'd have to match if asked. 

Anyone any recent experience of dealing with them?

I don't know about Johnson's, but I do know about Mitchell's. I've bought a car from them for my daughter a few years ago. I was impressed enough with them to recommend them to a friend of mine who lives a good hour's drive away in Greater Manchester. She has now bought three cars from them and is so chuffed with them that she wouldn't go anywhere else for her motoring needs. 

• 11 months later...

Had a positive experience here on Saturday - I wasn't sure where the car was up to with servicing having bought it after it had been moving through auctions/dealer stock since March. 

Got there, Skoda's online booking hadn't fully worked but it was no problem. I was advised that what I needed was £65 cheaper than I anticipated and the work was done quickly. I was pleased as this dealer is a 5 minute walk from home so convenient. 

• 10 months later...

my first service is due in 5-6 weeks,  i live around the corner from lawrie can you not turn up and go to the desk and book it in, and do anyone know a better dealer within 1 hour from here that hasn't. got a bad rep for servicing

1 hour ago, paddywack1878 said:

my first service is due in 5-6 weeks,  i live around the corner from lawrie can you not turn up and go to the desk and book it in, and do anyone know a better dealer within 1 hour from here that hasn't. got a bad rep for servicing

You can just walk in and book the car in. If you're willing to go to an independent, Wirral Car Care or Unit 20, both in Neston, have an excellent reputation. 

Roller its a 20 plate superb estate so i will have to use a skoda dealer as i have paid for 2 oil changes when i bought it last year, After that i will be doing the servicing myself at least i know it will be done right, there is a mot type garage over the road from me where all the lads go to and i know them very well but as i have said i have paid already.

7 minutes ago, paddywack1878 said:

Roller its a 20 plate superb estate so i will have to use a skoda dealer as i have paid for 2 oil changes when i bought it last year, After that i will be doing the servicing myself at least i know it will be done right, there is a mot type garage over the road from me where all the lads go to and i know them very well but as i have said i have paid already.

I must admit that when they serviced my Octavia they were good, Tony the service advisor is pleasant enough. 

Just now, Roller89 said:

July this year. 

ok i thought you were going to say a few years ago because its defo gone down hill since it opened, but its only down the road so i might go down there and have a look around.