Alex Lawrie - Liverpool..

DGW

Totally agree with all the other positive comments re Alex Lawrie. Bought my VRS WRC off them ( Alex's own car) and my wife's Fab VRS. Great after sales, friendly , half decent vending machine ! and spotless showroom floor - cleaner than our local hospital! ( sorry bit of politics!) Warranty work sorted out on 3 alloys within 2 hours and fitted within a week,. Highly recommended dealership.

• 1 month later...

I hate to be the first one to say something negative, but I wasn't too happy with the diagnosis they performed on my 2000 Fabia 1.4 comfort (petrol). At first, I was impressed with their customer service, as they picked my car up (from my work car park) and delivered it back, and it was spotless (they had washed it!). However, when it came to diagnosing the actual problem, they were not too accurate...

Basically I had been suffering intermittent stalling at low revs in the Fabia - the engine would just cut out at lights etc. I took it to Alex Lawrie as they had the computer to perform a proper diagnosis. After doing so they told me that I needed a new ECM unit fitting - £300 + labour. I was doubtful of this, since I thought if the ECM was majorly faulty there would be many more problems manifesting themselves. So, to get a second opinion, I took it to a local garage and within five minutes they had diagnosed the problem - a bit embarrassing, but all the car needed was new spark plugs. After they had been fitted, the car was fine.

Perhaps I was unlucky, I dunno?

• 4 months later...

Just back from a service at this place, staff were pleasant, decent price, didnt dirty my pristine interior which i was worried about lol

all in all a good place to go, and they got a lot more work done, in a lot less time, than when i went to Awesome GTi, ive just had oil, air, fuel filters replaced, and the brake fluid done, in 2 hours

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped into Alex Lawrie Skoda on Saturday at short notice after my Superb Service indicator was flashing up "Service Now". Car is on variable servicing with long life oil but it turns out had been serviced by another dealer in the North West by the previous owner and they had not used Long Life oil so the oil sensor did it's job.

10.30am on a Saturday morning, Gary the service manager checked and got the car on the ramps with a tech and an oil and filter change was done, quick once over the other service items and then the car was hoovered and washed.

Total price, a frankly amazing £65, that's for long life oil and a filter on a 2.5 V6 TDi, Excellent Service yet again from Alex Lawrie Skoda :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Had to go to Alex Lawrie today to have a front parking sensor changed. Great job even though I was 2 hours late because of driving conditions. Fault codes checked and compared to mine from VCDS, cup of coffee and my car was ready. All done on Warranty and it was still washed off and hoovered despite the temperature hovering around freezing and there being 3" of snow around. Excellent service once again.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought my new Octavia FL vRS CR from Alex Lawrie :)

And I found the experience excellent :) (and I utterly loathe buying new cars :S ).

They gave me a good, solid and fair deal on my part-ex, but more important they were very honest, helpful and courteous. And most importantly of all (for me) they kept every one of their promises. They kept me informed all through the order process and delivered a perfect (as far as I can tell) car on the day they said they would. I have utterly nothing to complain about, and I felt treated as a very valued customer all the way.

Very happy with them for sales; not tried their servicing, but from the friendly, honest and customer-facing nature of the sales staff, I'm very happy to get my car serviced by them, and to buy again from them.

Top marks, and definitely a superior experience to my previous (good, but not great) Skoda dealer :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

hi all - Just got our shiny new FL white Octy VRS TFSi hatch from Alex Lawrie, picked it up on 4th March.

The deal we got was a good fair px for our 07 plate 4x4 tdi Octy estate. Weve only done 700 miles so far due to the holiday, but the new VRS is peachy. Loving the Bolero ICE - how good are they - a mate has a £29k X3 beemer with a horrible feature-less "BMW business" single radio cd, and it just astounds me how poor value for money on some other marques actually is!

Very impressed with the service - the guys moved heaven and earth to meet our delivery date requirements - we ordered the car in january but wanted it to be registered as a 10 plate in March, however delivery took a while but we had to have it before we went on Holiday on 4th. The car was fully and property prepared even though they had very limited time - and the service was excellent - very highly recommended.

Three cheers, then for Eamon, Jackie, and Alex himself who came out to see us off.:thumbup:

Andy and Helen.

I took my Octavia vRS in for a service today, the last stamped service was at 58421 miles on 2nd November 2007. As the odometer now reads 70607, the service adviser Chris recomended I have the 80K service and switch to variable intervals which is what they did.

Job completed in just over 2 hours which meant I got to sit in the new Yeti/Superb etc...drink their variety of free beverages and watch TV in the customer waiting area.

Car returned nice and clean with a few pointers of additional work required but no pressure to have it done there or to book it in.

On the whole, I'm please with the customer service I received, very courteous, kept me informed, what I'd expect of a main dealer really. I remember they were very good a few years ago when my father in law bought a pre-registerred 08 plate Fabia tdi sport from them.

Thumbs up!

• 6 months later...

just had the Fabia vRS serviced, on 70k now

perfect, fitted some rear discs and pads supplied by me for a very reasonable price, didnt wash my car just like i asked, everything is just easy when you take your car there, no troubles or hassle etc

will probably be going back there for the 80k service next year

Another faultless visit myself. Ok this time not for a service as I've decide to go the DIY route. So basic parts for an oil change worked out really cheap, infact cheaper than a motor factor. Really helpfully over the phone and as usual very friendly in person. :)

• 4 months later...

Had my 70,000 mile service and m.o.t. done by them today excellent service again.Off topic,that new monte carlo is a nice looking car (thats what the new vrs should of looked like)......

• 2 months later...

They lost a sale yesterday because they wouldn't give us a full tank of fuel.The sales guy dave was excellent,we were happy with figures but the finance guy wouldn't give us a full tank.Enough said....needless to say myself and my sister will go to another skoda garage for our servicewhen due.The car sale in question was for my dad..

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add to the praise of Alex Lawrie Skoda dealership. Took my Fabia for its 20,000 mile service there today. They couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and professional. The final cost was less than expected. They said they can get my key fob to work under warranty. It hasn't worked since I bought the car; I was advised by dealership I bought it from that it was a dummy and couldn't be made to work without a 3rd party retrofitting it at a cost of close to £200.00. Will definitely use them in the future.

• 3 months later...

They lost a sale yesterday because they wouldn't give us a full tank of fuel.The sales guy dave was excellent,we were happy with figures but the finance guy wouldn't give us a full tank.Enough said....needless to say myself and my sister will go to another skoda garage for our servicewhen due.The car sale in question was for my dad..

Yes,they have a no nonsense approach to sales-'heres the deal we have worked out for you,take it or leave it' sort of style.No attempt to sweeten the deal or compromise.Nice enough guys just have a disapointing sales style.

So true Leckman.They told us every potential new car purchase only comes with £10 worth of fuel.The finance guy made me laugh when he said it would cost £90 to fill the fabia up with fuel,to which i replied it cost only £55 (that days fuel price).Needless to say my dad went and bought the new kia rio 2,which for the same money as the fabia he was looking at he got more for his money.To let someone to walk out with £12,000 in cash on the table,that to me is bad sales......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Took my Fabia VRS estate in today for it's first year/10000 mile service. I had previously spoken to Tony but Chris was filling in today as Tony was on a course. I gave them quite a list of warranty niggles to have a look at with my service and dropped the car off at 9.00am. Chris rang at 4.30pm and let me know the job was all done. I got down there just before closing at around 5.30pm and Chris took plenty of time and went through all the details of my warranty queries/repairs and service that had been carried out. Chris even took me to my car and showed me something I'd never noticed when I collected my car after delivery inspection from my original dealer down south.

All in all I found the service first rate from both Tony and Chris with a thorough checklist of details from their service crew and felt reassured they had very thoroughly investigated all my querys. Oh and the price was lower than originally quoted too! The reviews on here gave me the confidence to give them a try and I'm glad I did. I intend to use their services in future and would definitely recommend them.

Edited by RobL

• 7 months later...

Price of Yeti Servicing

Last week I contacted Lightfoot Skoda at Warrington and enquired the cost of a first service for my diesel Yeti (17,800 miles, variable service schedule). They quoted £245 for servicing as per the Skoda schedule and I booked it in for Tuesday of this week (6 November).

Out of interest, I then contacted Alex Lawrie who quoted £165 for the same service and offered to collect and return the car from and to my home. (I know, I should have rung round for prices before booking the car in with Lightfoot!)

I contacted Lightfoot and cancelled my booking (less than an hour after booking it). They asked the reason and, on my telling them the price from Alex Lawrie, they immediately offered to match it. I commented that this raised questions about their business practises and they asked if their Service Manager could call me back to discuss this – I am still waiting for the call!

The car was serviced yesterday by Alex Lawrie, who collected the car and returned it serviced, badges changed under Skoda recall, washed inside and out and with a ‘spare’ bottle of screen-wash. All at their quoted price of £164.

The moral seems to be ring round for prices – not all Skoda dealers are equal.

• 2 months later...

Bought my Superb Estate 3 weeks ago from this dealership, an ex-Skoda car with 7.5k on the clock.

Yep, there wasn't much going on by way of haggling or sweetening the deal, but that seems to have gone by the wayside of late (or maybe I'm just no good at haggling!). That said they gave me a more than reasonable part-ex on my old car (2007 Mazda 6 Diesel).

The car was, as you'd expect, spotless and had a full bag of AutoGlym stuff in the boot. To cap it all the dealership manager presented me with a bottle of bubbly which was a nice surprise.

Let's see what happens when it needs a service ...

Unfair comment -- that certainly isn't what I've found. I would much rather travel 35 miles to use them rather than use my local dealer.

Mike

Completely fair comment and I am talking from experience.

Hands up i have praised them a few times but over the years with them they have dissapointed me.not used them now since 2011.Go to awesome now....

• 1 month later...

Thinking about getting my Seat Leon brake fluid change done with this as SEAT dealers are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Anyone used them recently to put my mind at rest about their service department? :D