Alex Lawrie - Liverpool..

DGW

• 1 month later...

just got my vrs back from Alex lawrie after having new front tyres and four wheel alignment and coilpack recall and they did a free safety check and a car wash got a courtesy car on virtually no notice (for a dealer). and their price was very competitive, their service spot on qnd polite. will be going back and highly recomend them!

My first experience of Alex Lawrie Skoda today & what a joy it was.

Now I don't have a Skoda, I do have a Passat CC 2.0 GT & it was coming up for a 2yrs service but unfortunately problems were arising with my local VW dealership so I decided to go elsewhere within the VW network. Whilst waiting for a return call from another VW dealer I rang Alex Lawrie on the off chance they could help & was put through to Tony on service, I asked him about the possibility of servicing the Passat now & in the future, a VAG car after all, he talked me through the options available & needless to say I decided to book them.

Car went in this morning at 8am & was ready within a few hours, all work was done efficiently & in a really friendly professional manner. Also given were some complimentary items for maintenance as well as proper itemised bills with full breakdown of costs, a little thing a lot of VW dealers could do with making clear.

You could also knock me down with a feather duster, as well as my car serviced & returned, on the passenger seat was a bottle of wine as a welcome ,it was an absolute pleasure dealing with them & I applaud both the dealership & particularly Tony for a really warm welcome.

Will I use them again ?

You bet I will.

Thank you all at Alex Lawrie Skoda, one newly recruited customer here.

Oh, the costs as well were considerably less than VW !!

Edited by PaulAV8

• 2 weeks later...

Yeti serviced last week at Alex Lawrie Skoda.

As always excellent attention - gave me a lift into Liverpool. On my return the car was ready, valeted with oil, lube spray and a bottle of wine awaiting me on the passenger seat.

Very happy to give full praise and recommend them - they are all nice guys as well.

Peter

One point to consider here is staff turn over. Back in the day when cars were less reliable and oil changes had to be done at 4,500 miles building a relationship with staff at a dealership was possible. Nowadays with 10,000 mile services and no interim oil changes it can be difficuly to build any relationship at all. Staff at other dealers, Ford, Seat, Citroen to name but three locally, seem to be different every time a customer goes in. At least at Alex Lawrie the staff seem to remain in post, are recognised and can recognise their customers. Sometimes that can count for a lot, especially in the case of a silly emergency like the boot lid breaking on a saturday at 11.00am. The sales staff seem to remain too. Somebody must be doing something right.

Edited by richardf

Until they do the wrong service on your car and in the process throw away your "Green performance panel filter" and then have the cheek to blame me.The car had been serviced there for the first 7 years of ownership.Needless to say I have stayed well clear of them for the last 2 years...

• 4 weeks later...

I have just taken delivery of my new Yeti this week I have found the total purchase process painless and enjoyable . I visited 4 local dealers and got the best all round deal from Alex Lawrie . I have been looked after by Callum ( Sales Executive) from first visit to final hand over. During the 40 elapsed days from placing my order to picking my Yeti up I have been kept informed on delivery status.

The handover was a two hour un rushed process. I would not hesitate to recommend Alex Lawrie to anybody looking to buy a Yeti. I would struggle to find any way the experience could be improved upon.

• 3 months later...

I was very impressed with Alex Lawrie, we bought my wife's Superb from them & I honestly can't fault them.  The only thing I had to go through, was getting what I wanted for the Prius that we were px'ing.

Other than some "firm" negotiation on px prices I am very happy with this dealership and the customer service we received.

• 5 weeks later...

Went for a test drive in a Citigo,liked the car and told the saleman that I was interested in a purchase and was told 'we will give you a mega deal' and will be in touch.

3 weeks later no phone call from Lawries so I rang the sales guy up and asked why no contact-'I didnt' think you were interested' he said(Remember his last words to me were 'we will give you a mega deal',strange comment to say to someone who was not interested).

Never the less I said 'I will bring my car in and you can price it up and see if we can work out a deal',he said 'well erm I was going to let you go to a couple of other Skoda dealers,get a price off them then come back to me and see if I can beat it( so I get a great deal offered to me and I am supposed to say 'sorry must go back to A.Lawries and see if they can beat your deal,oh yeah!).

Getting a bit hacked off at this stage so I say'listen do you want me to bring my car in today or what?',he says' I am going on a training course now,wont' be in for the rest of the day,bring it in tomorrow,but no later than 9-15 because,'we will busy for the rest of the day'.At this point I hung up,drove over to Mitchells in Cheshire Oaks and placed an order for a Citigo Sport there and then.

I have tried twice before to buy a Yeti off Alex Lawries but the deals they offered were so disappointing I walked away,this time they basically refused my custom.

• Like 1

After nearly 2 years from last dealing with these leckman,it seems there is no change when trying to buy a car off them..When the new octy vrs was launched I went as far as Preston to few it (Liverpool is closer for me)No way was I going to Alex lawrie and I never will...

I did have a good relationship with the garage but after 7 years it started to go sour with regarding servicing issues,new parts and a possible new car purchase for my dad as you can see from my previous posts.The new parts issue was regarding my rear wiper,which was not shooting out water.I knew about the pipe coming away in the engine bay but they said I needed a new motor so the water could travel to the rear,which I found rather strange.So i decided just to leave it for now.I later found out the pipe had come away behind the rear seat and hey presto it worked after i clipped it back together.Surely a trained technician should of found this fault.At the end of the day people like them and people don't.My car gets done now by Awesome and i can't thank them enough for the work they do..

• 5 months later...

I have an octavia tdi with the 7 speed dsg gearbox. Developed a clutch judder at about 30,000 miles similar to others on this site. Only 6 months on the warranty so took it to alex lawrie. They first of all tried a software update but phoned to say it hadn't worked and a new clutch pack was needed. No questions asked, it was booked back in two working days later, initially for a day, but an extra day was needed. A courtesy car was immediately arranged to get me home and the job was finished today. What a difference to the drive! It is now back to its best. I was really impressed with the service from Kris at service reception and to the techs who have done a brilliant job. Thoroughly recommended and if you have the dsg judder issue they know what they are doing!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bought daughter a citigo here

Excellent service and a good deal through carwow

Was picked up at train satiation after travelling up from Bristol (Bristol skoda don't do deals )

Would use again

• 4 weeks later...

Great car, excellent service, best Skoda dealer on Merseyside.

May be a bit further than another dealer not far from here, but well worth the extra effort and travel.

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is major refurb work going on at Lawries at the moment,looks like the old Speedy Hire place next door has been purchased and is now the service centre and the original place is being gutted,the workshops now been removed and the whole building will be a showroom.Will be impressive when finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Lawrie replaced the clutch packs in my DSG in April (see earlier post) and the work done and service I received was excellent, so I booked my car in for its second variable service at 43,000 miles. It was also convenient as I work in Liverpool. I was dropped off in the city centre to save me walking.  I was phoned during the day to advise of progress and to inform me that the tracking was out which they offered to correct (without any pressure to go ahead, I would add).  I agreed, and at 4pm received another call to say the car was ready.  I had asked them to check the brake pads as I do 20,000 miles a year, but was advised they were fine.  The overall price came in at less than I was quoted at £295, which I thought was really good value.  I received a 2 page print out showing the alignment changes before and after (laser alignment done) which was explained to me, as were all the details of the service work carried out. Once again, I can only praise the service I received (Kris on service reception is excellent) and would recommend this garage to anyone.

Had a brochure in the post about the new showroom, going to be 455 sq metres with 9 display models on show .Must be a big job as it will not be ready until late October.