MirrorLink Activation in Amundsent+ Nav?

SherpaBigfoot

incidentally, any ideas on the voice control? All buttons present, but dealer says this model (2.0 TDI CR DPF DSG 170 L&K) does not come with it..... que pasa????

What was the build date of your car?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I think, in the words of the Prophet, "No". Anyway, I now have an iPhone, and the Yeti does not support Apple CarPlay. Well done, Skoda. Not.

Post May 2015 Yetis do.

I think, in the words of the Prophet, "No". Anyway, I now have an iPhone, and the Yeti does not support Apple CarPlay. Well done, Skoda. Not.

From May last year, Skoda has offered Smartlink as the option. Smartlink takes Mirrorlink further by adding support for Android Auto and Carplay on suitable devices.

It is Mirrorlink ( a third party interface) which does not support iOS.

From May last year, Skoda has offered Smartlink as the option. Smartlink takes Mirrorlink further by adding support for Android Auto and Carplay on suitable devices.

It is Mirrorlink ( a third party interface) which does not support iOS.

I think it's Apple that will not allow Mirrorlink on the iOS platform.

Yes it does...

I think it's Apple that will not allow Mirrorlink on the iOS platform.

Very possibly. Apple an' all. Either way, FA to do with Skoda.

• 8 months later...
13 minutes ago, Kernowoutdoors said:

Hmm... any updates? Apple say it works with the yeti

Apple carplay should work on a Yeti fitted with a MIB2 headunit that's had smartlink activated: http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/mirrorlink-faqs

This only applies to the cars built after 25 May 2015, if your yeti is older, it won't work.

Edited by langers2k

As has been said, not a Skoda issue. Mirrorlink does not support iOS:

Are iPhones compatible with MirrorLink?

Unfortunately not, iPhones are only compatible with SmartLink. SmartLink includes within it MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay (compatible with iPhones 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus) and Android Auto.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/mirrorlink-faqs/default/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwzd3GBRDks7SYuNHi3JEBEiQAIm6EIwJO4IV14_eMgahy1ykM-Qx28FRy1rZHzirva1j0anUaAjUk8P8HAQ

Skoda's Smartlink does support Android Auto and Mirrorlink (on some android phones) plus Apple's CarPlay.

On two Android phones I've tried Android Auto works very well.  Mirror link did not work on the Google Nexus 5X but works with the Samsung S7edge.  However, I've found that Mirror Link to be next to useless in comparison to Android Auto.  Just my observation.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ernieb said:

On two Android phones I've tried Android Auto works very well.  Mirror link did not work on the Google Nexus 5X but works with the Samsung S7edge.  However, I've found that Mirror Link to be next to useless in comparison to Android Auto.  Just my observation.

My experience exactly, with my Nexus 6P,  and the wife's S6.

But I suspect there's confusion here between Skoda's Smartlink (which supports AA and CAP) and the third party Mirrorlink, which works only with some android phones and is an older, inferior system.

It does allow mirroring though, which might be useful for apps not supporting Google and Apple's car offerings. We never bother though.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I went to the dealer to have mirrorlink activated. Paid £140 it didn't work- they said it should, they said they installed smart link. It doesn't work. My dealer is a 50 mile round trip from my home. They said pop back and we will have a look. They looked, and then said we ordered the wrong one ....... so now it's booked in yet again .... in fuel the costs are growing ...

I could be wrong but I doubt they were installing Mirrorlink on its own, as it's now been incorporated into Skoda's own Smartlink.

Within Smartlink, Mirrorlink only works on android, as does Android Auto, and CarPlay only on iOS. But they all work only on certain OS versions and phones.

Did you try more than one phone?

Never heard of different versions of Smartlink and they should have tested it before letting you go, especially as they're not local. Reimbursement of fuel and maybe some other recompense called for I think.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kernowoutdoors said:

So, I went to the dealer to have mirrorlink activated. Paid £140 it didn't work- they said it should, they said they installed smart link. It doesn't work. My dealer is a 50 mile round trip from my home. They said pop back and we will have a look. They looked, and then said we ordered the wrong one ....... so now it's booked in yet again .... in fuel the costs are growing ...

What's the build date of your Yeti?

As far as I know not all Android phones support Mirrorlink with the Skoda (VW) cars.  My Nexus 5X did not my Samsung S7 edge does.  Frankly I use Android Auto,if I need too, and having tried Mirrorlink Link I would not bother again.

• Like 1