Mervyn Stewart Ltd - Belfast

DGW

Has skoda octavia elegance 1.6 tdi got a assist on set off because I noticed if I gave revs when setting off it juddered but it I slowly let clutch out without touching gas pedal reves move from 750 to 1000 rpm and car moves off smoothly if u slip into 2nd when moving in slow traffic car seems to pull away too fast thats without touching gas pedal ????

• 2 weeks later...

Has skoda octavia elegance 1.6 tdi got a assist on set off because I noticed if I gave revs when setting off it juddered but it I slowly let clutch out without touching gas pedal reves move from 750 to 1000 rpm and car moves off smoothly if u slip into 2nd when moving in slow traffic car seems to pull away too fast thats without touching gas pedal ????

Repost this in the octavia section and you will get a response . 

• 5 months later...

I wished I had read these reviews before wasting my time going to see Mervyn Stewart's about buying a new car. The guy I dealt with was unpleasant and made me feel as though he wasn't interested in me as a potential customer. I can't comment on the quality of the service people as I haven't and won't be using them following my experience. It seemed to me that the staff were demotivated and not very well trained. After reading the other posts in here, I'll be making a trip to John Mulhollands instead.

• 1 year later...

My experience so far has been very good. I emailed and arranged to come and visit. I wanted to see a particular car that I had already been in and sat in. I arrived and the salesman took me out for a test drive. I decided I wanted a more scaled back option and he showed me an older car in that style so that I could get a good idea of what I wanted. I did not feel rushed. The salesman was very fair and gave me a good deal. I did have to ask for the best deal, as they were not just handing them out, but they were more than fair! I got exactly the right amount for my trade-in. I can't fault them for their efforts so far. I did do plenty of research so knew what I wanted before I went in, and I didn't need to ask many questions as I had been on here and plenty of other online review sites. I would have liked to have the complimentary cup of coffee and a biscuit but I am sure I would have got one if I had asked. I found them to be no less friendly and inviting than other skoda dealerships I have been involved with and I have been to all of them in Northern Ireland.

• Like 1