West End Garage - Broxburn

DGW

Am sorry some people have had a bad experience but I am getting my car from this company a Superb Elegance DSG after visitng several other dealers in my area. the product knowledge was second to none gave my wife and I the demo car on our own to take and drive for 30 minutes around the area. we are getting our car here despite the fact that they are 40 miles away from where I live they could not have more professional and helpful under any circumstances. Stuart waited back for us to get to him from Glasgow and then helped us get deal that no one was going to beat. Get car in about 9 weeks now and cant wait. Go and see for yourself as anyone can have a bad day.

• 2 months later...

I am getting my new 170CR DSG Superb Elegance this week and cannot praise these guys more highly Stuart has been on the ball all the way through and kept me up to speed at all stages great service so far and have no reason to doubt it will stay that way. Looking forward to my new car.

Edited by Auto Door Man
spelling error

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a my 54 plate Octavia vRs from this MOB in January. Would never go back and was very unhappy with the level of service I got.

First of all they were great, got a good deal on the car, however after this it all went wrong.

Firstly I was not told the car was an import, or that it did not have a full service history. On asking for the log book when first veiwing, was told it wasn't available!

Still went ahead because I thought I was getting a good deal, but within 2 weeks of getting the car it had to be taken back in. I live around 70 miles from the garage but Skoda Warrenty said it had to go to them for the repairs because it was so close to the sale date. Took the car in thinking it would be in and out in the same day but was told it would be 2 days. I got a courtesy car but was told I would have to fuel it as well as my own car despite this being their fault! 2 days past and no car back, I called and spoke to the Garage Manager, and was told it would be another 2 days but that they needed their car back! He then threatened to use my car as a courtesy car when told I couldn't bring it back then.

All in all a bunch of amateurs, and I will never go back to this garage and would advise anyone to stay away!!

I have bought Skoda's from West End Garage for the last 6 years and cannot complain on the level of service I have received from either sales or service.

Dan, the retailer principle is a very easy going amiable guy, who has always done his upmost to help and his professional approach, in my opinion, filters through to all his staff.

I am sorry to read someone has had a bad experience, I cannot rate them highly enough. I live over 50 miles away and need a courtesy car to get home, I am grateful I can get a car free with no insurance to pay, I do not find it unreasonable to replace the fuel I use, after all most large dealers charge for the privilege, for the use of a car!

Keep up the good work guys:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

In my experience,

Sales staff are top notch, service staff couldn't give a ****, and were very unhelpfull. Maybe due to my age.

First time i went there was to get a new clutch on warrently, returned the car to me with the tracking WAY off. Steering wheel off 90 degrees. Then when i complained they said they didn't have the facility to do tracking, and wouldn't give me anything to get it tracked else where.

Second time was for its first service, and wasn't till i droped the car off that they said there wasn't any courtesy available. They did get one of there mechanics to drop me off at home, but i had to walk to work and back, and get a mate to take me back to the garage to pick the car up. Not happy.

Third time i managed to loose my locking wheel key. I went in to see if they would take them off for me as i was getting new wheels anyway. They said they wouldn't take them off and i would need to purchase a new locking wheel key. So i did and took them off myself. Even though all they would have to do was let me borrow it for 2 mins.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate to recommend another dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

I just used them to check gearbox oil level, and investigate a slight noise. All done FOC, and as ever, service staff couldn't be more helpful. I find they make you feel very much at home. Free coffee and tea into the bargain :D

Lovely showroom, and garage area is clean and tidy, mechanics seem to know their stuff.

I bought the car there, and can highly recommend them for all aspects of Skoda ownership. Big thumbs up from me. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:thumbup: We've had four cars from them now, all secondhand. The sales staff (Dan, Stuart and Eddie at Uphall, and Ian at the old site in Broxburn) are all knowledgeable, friendly and never once have they tried the hard sell. The deals have always been really good too - their PX offer for our old VW was better than the supplying VW dealer could offer.

Service wise, again - no problems. Being able to book a courtesy car and not having to mess about putting on your own cover as temporary additional vehicle, or having to pay an admin fee for the priviledge is really useful. They know their Skodas and go the extra mile to sort out work for you (warranty or out of warranty). Last time the fabia was in they did some warranty work that I hadn't even spotted was required until they pointed it out.

Having bought a few cars from them, and used them for servicing for a few years you get to build a rapport with them. We woud have no hesitation in buying another car from them, and would recommend them to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I really would avoid this dealership at all costs. I bought a 2 year old Fabia sdi from them back in 2005. i then endured another year of terrible service and some of the most aggressive 'customer service' I have ever experienced. The car needed developed numerous faults during the remainder of its warrenty and I had to go thro Skoda UK customer service on almost every occasion to get this awful garage to carry out the work. The first time I got a courtesy car from then I discovered that neither window wipers or indicators were working - a lethal combination on a dank, wet day, but on ringing the garage the ******** service manager told me it was my problem and my responsibility to call out the AA to recover the car as I consider it unsafe to drive - no apology or compensation for time lost was offered.

I came to dread entering the place so unhelpful and beligerant were the service staff - its now almost four years since I last used them and still the memories are vivid. I no longer live in scotland and have subsequently used skoda dealerships in London/south east/ manchester - some of them have been poor but never, ever as bad as this *********************** - worst garage in the country, seriously

Edited by DGW
Abusive comments removed. Note at bottom of every Briskoda page refers!

• 2 months later...

I've just seen that last post and can hardly believe what I'm reading!

There are very few franchised garages that have their own recovery truck - you won't see one at any of the major VW or Audi dealers. If a car develops a fault and needs recovered it would be done by Skoda Assist. My car refused to start one morning so I gave West end a call. They gave me the number for Skoda Assist who duly arrived and took the car up to West End who were, as ever, very helpful and got the car running again under warranty no problem.

Your description of "terrible service and some of the most aggressive 'customer service'" could not be further from my experience of this garage, or that of my friends and colleagues who have used them. The first car I bought from West End was a Fabia (secondhand, high mileage and not especially expensive) - it had a paintwork issue that was initially dismissed by Skoda UK. West End worked hard in pursuing the claim and putting me in touch with Skoda UK Customer Services, ensuring that the claim was settled and the car repaired to my satisfaction. It's service like this that keeps me coming back.

I think the fact that you've found the need to resort to abusive language (which the moderators have removed) says more about you than the standard of care people can expect from West End Garage.

Edited by JulieD

• 5 months later...

An excellent dealership.

Have had several new Skodas from them over the past 6 years. Stuart and Daniel are easy to deal with and always do their best to get you a suitable deal.

Service has been great too - apart from once turning up for a service only to find it hadn't been put in their diary - even this though was swiftly sorted out.

Have recommended them to a colleague who is really pleased too.

Ive just done a deal with this garage for an Octavia vRS thats been sitting in the showroom. I pick the car up next Monday. :)

Really happy with the service and how quickly they are at organising a couple of wee bits and piece to be done on the car for me before i pick it up. I have been dealing with Eddie Downie and he has been really helpful with the process.

I recieved a higher valuation for my car (1.9 TDi Ibiza Sport) than i got from SEAT so would highly recommend them.

Will be going back for services and other purchases in the future.

• 7 months later...

From a sales perspective, Dan and Stuart are very professional in their approach and throughout our initial purchase kept us informed at all the key stages. They gave us the full trade-in price for the Fabia vRS and also the standard £2500 scrappage on an old bucket Daihatsu we had. We then picked the new car up and drove it home, I noticed that the mudflaps hadn't been fitted properly and got on the phone to them. They said bring it in the following day (which was a Saturday) and refitted them straight away for us, with no hassle whatsoever.

This month we then had a problem with one of the door moudlings coming off. Mark from servicing had a look around the car noticed an issue with another 2 of them. I then asked him about some stone-chips that had started to appear at the bottom of the rear doors. He took photos of everything and sent them onto Skoda. Skoda agreed to replace all 4 door mouldings, respray the stone-chipped paint and fit the factory plastic foils to the bottom of the doors to protect the paint. West End had the car for a total of week and we got a free courtesy car (A Roomster) for the whole period. All they asked us to do was put back the same amount of petrol that was in it when we first got it. When we got the car back, it was immaculate and the VAG approved bodyshop have done a really great job.

All-in-all my experience of West End has been a positive one and would therefore recommend them to other Briskodians.

Regards

Ian

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate inclusion of feedback about another dealer deleted.

• 1 month later...

Very nice to deal with, everything was simple and clear.

I've read some of the negative reviews above but i just can't relate to them given todays experiences, Stuart was excellent, all the other staff just seemed to be very nice. There was a nice air in the place. I watched another couple buying a car and they were well taken care of. I saw a gentleman waiting on his car in service and a young mechanic came in and was very clear about the problem the car had (and that they had fixed it).

Maybe they have alternative staff they only bring out for the reviews above, but everyone i dealt with or heard was very polite, happy and friendly.

If only buying cars was always this easy.

• 1 month later...

After a disappointing experience elsewhere (and as existing Skoda owners), we were strongly recommended to try West End Garage for our new Skodas.

We went out originally to discuss a trade-in for my wife's car against a newer second-hand Fabia - Stuart was friendly, efficient, and the trade-in offered was far better than we had been quoted, against a car identical to one we had seen at another dealer, but with a lower price tag on it! Easy decision - ordered it then and there.

Then I discussed the Yeti - Stuart had the facts and figures ready to go, gave us a nice test drive, and an hour later had agreed a very good trade-in on my DSG Octavia and a good deal on the Yeti now sitting outside my door.

Possibly the BEST sales experience I have had with any car I have owned since I started driving (1969!). Yes - THAT good!

I have a minor problem with the heated rear window - a quick email to Stuart about it and the Service Manager was on the phone inside five minutes arranging the (warranty) visit to examine it, and arranging the courtesy car too.

Overall - West End Garage have been excellent with us so far. Very positive sales experience, and we hope the service operation is as good.

UPDATE - My Yeti's heated rear window was only 2/3 accurate. it was a window, it was at the rear - it just did not heat! I took it to West End Garage, they were excellent and polite. I was given a courtesy car (a new turbo petrol Fabia) while my Yeti got a checkout. After a few hours I had a call (I had expected to be without my car for two or three days with a window replacement likely). But all fixed, returned courtesy car, my own Yeti washed and sparkling and ready to go.

Painless, polite, efficient and a warranty job. I am now even more impressed with them.

Edited by ColinEdinburgh

• 1 month later...

I collected my 11 plate octy vrs today and dropped off my old one. Stuart has been excellent throughout the process. He kept me updated regularly - i knew what was happening every step of the way as things changed. Very friendly. Not a "sales guy" type, so i found it very easy to relate to him. He's very genuine and an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Stuart took care of having my alloys painted and windows tinted pre-delivery for a competitive price. He sub contracts this work out to local firms he deals with, the quality of workmanship is 100%. Besides the extras, the car was prepared to an excellent standard.

I have no qualms in strongly recommending this garage to anyone looking to buy a Skoda. From what i have seen with other customers while i've been in the showroom, it looks like their servicing staff are spot on too. A minor hiccup arose in so much as my car was delivered almost 2 months early, Stuart handled this in his stride and helped me out, actually i had to do nothing he handled it all. He went above and beyond what was agreed.

Despite this garage not being the closest to me, i will be only returning here for all dealership needs. When a dealer is this good, it really adds to the whole experience and makes it all feel even better.

Thanks Stuart, and i hope i've been an easy customer to deal with.

Edited by DGW
Redundant quoting of previous post deleted.

Just had my VRS SE in to West End Garage for it's four year service and four new tyres. That service includes all filters, Timing Belt, Aux Belt, Tensioners, Brake Fluid change, and a full vehicle health check. Tyres were Pirelli P Zero Nero. Total cost ex VAT £672.98 Plus I know the work has been done right. Excellent garage, highly recommended.

Edited by MoggyTech

Needed a small repair to my vRS. Shouldn't have been completed under warranty but they did it for free anyway.

No fuss as usual.

Stuart, Graeme etc are all great ... now on my 4th car from them and without doubt I will be back.

• 1 month later...

hmmm not the most helpful of people.... cant tell me if my car is under the recall of the coilpack issue unless i bought it from them?!!!

hmmm not the most helpful of people.... cant tell me if my car is under the recall of the coilpack issue unless i bought it from them?!!!

Skoda customer services can tell you if your car is under the recall 08457 745 745 the just require the Vin or reg no.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think you can judge, by just a phone call, if you have never deal with the guys at West End then I would strongly suggest you do. Just picked up my new Octavia Vrs diesel, second new Vrs in a year! Normally I would keep my cars 3 years but Daniel's deal was too good to pass on, this is the 3rd new car after years of excellently prepared used cars, having visited elsewhere I see no need to change. :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Just ordered my fifth new Skoda from Stuart.

As usual an easy process. Nothing is too much trouble.

Looking at other cars prior to ordering my new car, it was strange speaking to other sales people. The usual salesman patter was to the fore ... and then there was the youth in the Honda garage who scoffed when I said I had a Skoda to trade in ... foolish child! It was a pleasure to get back to West End, no flaff, no shiney suits, just good service!

Sadly I need to wait till March for my Yeti ... but that is hardly West End's fault.

• 3 months later...

I really don't think you can judge, by just a phone call,

I think you can mate, i run my own business and i treat every customer with the way i want to be treated with courtesy manners and integrity, sadly west end have NONE, we will stick with Newmarket at least they listen to the issues.

• 2 months later...

Have had two Fabias from West End. First from Daniel second from Eddie. Very down to earth dealership, honest with no messing around or pressure sales tactics. Happy to go low on price very early in the discussion. One of the very few times my wife has been comfortable during the car buying process. If you are looking for a Skoda in Scotland give these guys a chance. For my first Skoda i visited every dealer in central Scotland and these guys were head and shoulders above the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting ready to set off on my Xmas journey down south, VRS decides 2,000 RPM is the new idle speed, VCDS confirms the throttle position sensor is goosed. This was replaced shortly after I bought the car from west End Skoda. Quick phone call to their service desk, part not in stock, but will see what we can do.

Mark calls me back 10 minutes later, come in today at 1:50 PM and we will fit you in, and the part will be under warranty.

If only all garages were this efficient, and looked after customers like this. So naughty VRS, great dealer. :thumbup: