G41 1SR

0141 429 5999

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Approved Used Car Sales

Formerly St Andrews Skoda (Glasgow) Ltd . Name changed 1 March 2007

Closing wef 11 July 2008

Originally posted by Gogs67 - Sat Mar 13, 2004

Just purchased my latest Octy vRS from St. Andrews. Could not have been treated any better by staff, especially Sales Manager Keir Dunlop, who even delivered my car to me in Edinburgh, a distance of 40-odd miles. Would recommend them to all.

Originally posted by almitche - Thu Apr 8, 2004

Top notch service: Keir Dunlop worked hard to source exactly what I wanted and took delivery just over a week later! Really set themselves apart from the competition - couldn't be further from stereotypical car salesman. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Originally posted by zappa_kat - Thu Nov 11, 2004

I was looking for a Octavia vRS, rang St Andrews... asked allsorts of questions about the car's history... "has it been bumped? I'm driving a long way to look at it"... "nope... it's immaculate".

Eventually found the dealers & then found the car had been in a large rear end shunt & had minor front end damage repaired too(tons of filler & overspray everywhere under the carpet signalled repair, front end shut lines weren't very good & misaligned headlights). The sales Guy was new to the dealers & very pushy, tried his best to get me to sign on the line.

Rang me a week later to say "there's a guy desperate to buy the car... you've got first refusal tho'"... 5weeks later the car is still on the forecourt. Says it all eh?

Originally posted by Carblack - Sun Feb 20, 2005

Have to say that I've had nothing but good service from St. Andrews. I've now bought three cars from them (through the business) and one of the staff has bought one privately from the dealership. Friendly helpful staff from sales through to the workshop technicians.

• 4 weeks later...

great professional service from sale manager Keir Dunlop.

Got new car to exactly the spec i wanted...poor guy was demented after 4 hrs haggling ;) .

even got price down as well....

top guy....first class servic all the way...great comms from em.....phone 1 wk after to see if i was satisfied with vehicle.

highly recomended....ask for Keir Dunlop. gets the job done without fuss or any crappy salesman talk. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

HI Folks

Cannot praise this garage and its staff enough Kier Dunlop head salesman Sandy service manager and Stevie in the workshop are fantastic although nothing is a problem for any of the staff

Between myself and my wife we have had 5 skodas from the garage .

Well worth a look:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:thumbup: hi just acquired my first skoda, after years of probably saying the same jokes as everyone else, now im biting my hand, what a machine ive got, just the basic superb comfort auto trip, but i have just to support what most have said here about st andrews, and the sales , JAMIE your a star mate thanks im well pleased.after having audi and ford i will be coming back to you guys , cheers

jack

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought 1st car from here and can 2nd all the good comments about the sales team. The aftersales is also pretty good, and car always comes back clean - even when all that was getting done was a changed headlight bulb - cheaper labour rate than competitors which helps.

My dad has had 2 Octavias from them and the service he received was always 1st class. Although I dont own a Skoda just yet, Kier gave me a very very long test drive in the new Octavia vRS 2 weeks before its official launch and also a drive of the Fabia vRS.

Excellent garage and have even taken my VW there for work as they are friendly, helpfull, cheaper and still use genuine VAG parts.

• 2 weeks later...

i found the sales guy in there (david somebody or other? possibly maxwell?) an up himself ****** who looked down his nose at me and didnt even offer me a test drive. tried to sell me a 2 yr old red one when i was interested in the 1yr old black one.

ended up buying the very next day from ingram in ayr. loved the disbelief in his voice when he phoned me the next week when i told him i had bought. total useless git. if you dont have a company chequebook avoid like the plague

• 1 month later...

I reckon anyone who posts good things here has to declare that they have no interest in this dealership. I think they are .......BAD anything else I`m personally thinking cannot be posted on a forum.

*****, timewasters, lacking in technical knowledge, ignorant, poor customer service and in fact I`m making a mission to never ever pass a good word about these *****. Boys at the service desk were ok , felt sorry for them as they were caught in the cross fire between me and the service manager SANDY. He was the most ************ my mrs have ever met, she said. I`d agree too. Goodbye St Andrews please dont tell anyone else to hurry we close soon on thier umpteenth breakdown return in a car the RAC confirm as un servicable. It cost someone thier life. Safe driving all.

Keir Dunlop is a pleasant, straight talking, laid-back salesman - very easy to talk to and will do his best to get you the deal you want. I'll be back to buy my next car from him!!

Service Dept are less friendly. Seem to lack basic communication skills and knowledge. Do they really enjoy their job and want to be there????

• 4 weeks later...

anyone who says henrys is c**p need to go and look at the **** that old arnold clarkie boy is selling as motors , they dont even valet them properly, this new revamped st andrews / henrys sold me my first superb a couple of months back , the sales the service the attitude and the way they go about there business is second to none , just this week i had my car boot lid not closing , phoned them on monday lunchtime car in 5pm car was ready tuesday 3pm, work done under warranty , you will not get another garage to do that turnaround for you. GUYS YOUR SUPERB MANY THANKS

signed

mr j.mcalinn

• 3 months later...

Couldn't have imagined I'd write a positive testament about a dealership, but am compelled to do so as a result of two recent visits to Henry's Skoda, Glasgow.

Their quality engineer, Stephen Christie, is attentive, knowledgeable and thorough. He's the sort of guy who makes you feel that in choosing Henry's you've made a wise decision. Their sales manager, Keir Dunlop, is also to be commended. If other members of staff share the same qualities then Henry's can look forward to more positive feedbacks on this forum.

Don't let it slip guys.

• 1 month later...

Contacted Henry's regarding a new seat back cover and alloy wheel for my Furby vRS. Pleased to say, both were replaced, under the warranty, with no fuss, whatsoever.

Well done.:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

First Class! Top Notch! 10/10!

I have been a customer of Henrys Skoda for three years.The care I have received from hard working Keir Dunlop and Sandy Fleming AND their respective teams has been second to none. My Superb Elegance has been fabulous, giving me absolutely no trouble , just a pleasure to drive. Thanks also to Jamie,David (Big Frenchy) and Lesley for all the cups of coffee! If only all dealerships were so polite and courteous to deal with!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

been using them for service and repairs, for nearly 3 years on a leased Octy VRS Estate, overall not bad, but the attention to detail is not great, I have had to go back on several occasions to have things put right that would have been found if proper checking had been done. Frankly I dont have time to keep going back for them to fix things they should have got right the first time, probably try their North franchise for the new one when it comes in March

cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Since it's a while since I've been (20k between services on the superb) thought I'd update my earlier comments.

They are very good at getting stuff out of skoda uk under warranty, and very nice to chat to about options on getting new or used car from them. Not had any bs from them either which is great for a dealership.

I am however off to Ayr at the weekend to look at an octy estate, so I'm not being blinkered but will be using for servicing again

• 2 weeks later...

Henry's north.

In getting warranty work done, i was told i needed a new turbo on mk1 octy vrs due to a loose bearing (55 plate 24k miles) (under warranty so not a scam on me)

after waiting a day for new one to come in, I get the car back, runs great again. However, copy of the work says work was blown exhaust manifold, strip out air intake pipe/turbo and exh manifold.

worrying how could be told something quite so wrong.

as weekend, not been able to call up to clarify with garage

aye remember going in a few times,new showroom is nice though.was in there about two months ago looking for a race blue vrs,salesman was trying to sell me a black one and a yellow one,was looking for 1 about a year old,but think i would only buy a blue or another red one. very helpful though

• 2 months later...

i used henrys north for my first service on my vrs . i would never use them again . I was on my way into the dealership when one of their mechanics went by me in my car and wheelspun it out of the car park and headed up the road at speed .. i asked to speak to the manager and was told there was nothing he could do about it ...:mad: i have made a complaint to skoda uk about it as i dont belive they should treat customers cars in that way .. i will have to try henrys south from now on as they are my only other option

• 2 months later...

Had my first dealings with Henrys Maxwell Road last week.

Having had no response from my existing dealer, Ingrams Ayr, I popped into Henrys last Wednesday and had a chat with Jamie Hay. We discussed brand new, then he phoned Skoda which resulted in me being offered 4 nearly new cars. He quoted me deals for both a new car and one of the nearly used ones, and I left 'to think about it'.

I phoned first thing on Thursday morning, managed to squeeze a bit more out of him for my present car, and duly went up the road and signed on the dotted line for a September 2007 with 2100 miles on the clock, which I should get late this week or next!

So, 'so far so good'!