Any Elegance owners?

Stormchaser

Do you have this Chrome style headlight switch?

5b94a0c18176d1779949081a3a28a64a.jpg

My heater controls are Chrome but not the headlight switch [emoji57]

I'm not sure if the Elegance has this. eBay list these for the Citigo as well as all other VW,s which I pointed out to the sellers that they have listed them wrong due to the backlighting of them being different. They have all stated they light up as early VW,s which is blue so that's wrong for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if the Elegance has this. eBay list these for the Citigo as well as all other VW,s which I pointed out to the sellers that they have listed them wrong due to the backlighting of them being different. They have all stated they light up as early VW,s which is blue so that's wrong for starters.

My elegance light switch is shiny black but heater controls are, as you say, silver.

• Like 1

I have this in my Greentech Elegance. 

I'm sure my Greentech Elegance had that switch in it too, but it was sort of satin finish along with satin finish vent surrounds and radio surround/trim.

Edited by MickA

Its got to be just false eBay advertising. £24 for a chrome light switch and then it lights up blue [emoji19]

VW´s has never had a blue light switch. It´s red.

It is possible to pull off the chrome/black surround from the control knobs. So it should be possible to swap them over!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

in Aliexpress there are a lot of VW-Group switches for a low price. You can find there the Skoda one with green lights too.

There I have bought the automatic switch set (silver switch, ECU and sensor) for 55 EUR. The kit was for VW Polo MKII, but it works perfectly in my Citigo. The only thing is that as it is for VW, the lights are red, but it doesn't matter.

I am very happy with it.

It is possible to pull off the chrome/black surround from the control knobs. So it should be possible to swap them over!

With a bit of force yes, they can be pulled off, you may need to glue the chrome part in place though

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Have just replaced the gloss black part on my Elegance with the chrome part from an UP switch. It just unclips from the top of the knob.

20151114_144939_zps6sh26lap.jpg

20151114_144959_zpsfylli4q5.jpg

Edited by SimonJ