I'm doing a bit of writing for an NZ car website

RobClubley

Wow get you and your clever words :) I'm well impressed, although I shouldn't be, as I know you can put a sentence together and are a proper petrol head. Did you take any of the pictures?

Can I just add "do give up your day job", I think you might have found your vocation :)

I have just had a quick read of your Mini Cooper review, Rob. Have you just found a new career as a professional writer and reviewer? Well done! :)

Good review. I tend to stay away from the "you" - "when you accelerate" I prefer to say things like "the car accelerates like a scalded cat" or something to give the reader an insight. 

It's all a matter of style and, more importantly, what the Ed wants that matters ! :)

• Like 1

Read your mini review, very well written. Enough words to get the point across without just faffing words to get the count up. Excellent work sir!

• Like 2

I've had an idea Rob. We pester you to go and test drive cars for us and save us the hassle of having to trawl around all the dealers ourselves. I fancy the new Suzuki Vitara in SZ5 Diesel Allgrip guise, but if you test drive it, I can lie in the bath all afternoon instead and read your write up while I am sploshing about :)

• Like 1

Great review of the 86. Really written well and it's all about the car too. Some reviewers seem to go off on a tangent. 

Thanks. Yeah a local newspaper reviewed the exact car I had the week after. Two crappy photos taken in a grassy car park and half of the "review" was about the condition of State Highway 3's road surface. Sigh.

I've had an idea Rob. We pester you to go and test drive cars for us and save us the hassle of having to trawl around all the dealers ourselves. I fancy the new Suzuki Vitara in SZ5 Diesel Allgrip guise, but if you test drive it, I can lie in the bath all afternoon instead and read your write up while I am sploshing about :)

Nice sunroof, dire stereo.

Will that do, or would you like a bit more detail?

• Like 1