Arnold Clark Inverness

DGW

took my mk1 octay vrs to inverness for cambelt and exhaust manifold gasket. they said 1 day to complete but due to "mechanic" turning up late got told to pick up car but was not done! so 80 mile trip wasted! then on day 2 they said its all ready, but they are incompetant at fitting jubilee clips and turbo hose blew off on test drive due to no clip fitted! then they have the cheek to rape me of £600 for the crap service! they couldnt even fit my carbon forge motorsport engine cover properly ( 1 fastner done up and cover wedged onto engine at an angle!) 1 week later turbo hose blows off again due to jubilee clip being done up by a 3 yr old arnold clark mechanic! and after months of complaints they just fob me off! complete and total A holes!

• 1 month later...

I find it too distressing to tell you all my experiences with arnold clark inverness! But the one thing that has made decide never to go there again is the following: was told after an inspection that both my front coil springs were broken, needed to be replaced and the car was unsafe to drive until repairs completed. Ok, i knew they were coroded and was thinking about renewing, but i think i'd know if they were broken. Decided to go with the repair, would have done it soon anyway. Then, after new coils fitted, was told the steering strut bearings could be worn and would need checking. Why were they not checked when replacing the coils (an independent mechanic, two day later, tells me they are worn, they should have been checked at the time of replacing the coils and should have been replaced at that time) it would have cost an extra £20 or so in parts cost. The obvious answer........yes you've probably guessed, they (arnold clark) have to spend another three hours labour charge (now £70ph+) removing the whole assembly to get to them again!!! NEVER AGAIN arnold clark!!

• 1 month later...

I wish I had read this forum before purchasing my Fabia from AC.

Service is appalling not only do they appear to be technically clueless but the standard of workmanship is a joke.

They refuse to give diagnostics readouts on your own car citing "legal reasons", what? but then expect you to pay 600 quid to replace a part on a car that has done 4k since they sold it to you.

This is in addition to numerous other problems including an engine sound that they admitted existed but could not identify stating it was just a noise the car makes. Later out of waranty it is now a fault their diagnostics has identified.

The service managers response was to point out I hadnt taken out extended warranty tut tut. Theres me thinking a 3year old car with 30k would last more than 4k without major faults, how stupid am I.

I have heard only bad reports about this dealer since enquiring so do your self a favour and steer clear.

• 4 weeks later...

Despite poor reviews on here, I really wanted a main dealer to fit new Belt and have the booked stamped accordingly

After 4 phone calls I eventually managed to get prices and booked in for Cam belt & Water Pump, Standard Service (Oil & Filter etc) and Brake Fluid replacement...all quoted at fixed prices.

Dropped off on Monday morning and told it would be ready at 5pm. As I didn't plan kicking around Inverness for the day, got a train home and a lift back from a relative who was going there anyway on Tuesday morning. Just as well as they phoned at 3.30 to say it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday afternoon as they didn't have the correct water pump.

Got the car back at about 2pm with a bill broken down individually into parts and labour and way above the fixed prices....that got sorted out quick enough but didn't hear a single thing about the corroded / loose brake disc shield that I'd asked them to look at and quote me for. Decided not to press the issue...will get the mechanic at work to do that for the usual couple of pints :p

Reckon that'll be my first and last visit...will probably be driving something else by the time the next belt change is due and will have the next few services done at a local independent garage with some odd jobs done at work.

Bottom line......avoid :no:

• 1 year later...

Got the car back at about 2pm with a bill broken down individually into parts and labour and way above the fixed prices....that got sorted out quick enough but didn't hear a single thing about the corroded / loose brake disc shield that I'd asked them to look at and quote me for. Decided not to press the issue...will get the mechanic at work to do that for the usual couple of pints :p

Reckon that'll be my first and last visit...will probably be driving something else by the time the next belt change is due and will have the next few services done at a local independent garage with some odd jobs done at work.

Bottom line......avoid :no:

One of the reasons I went to Hawcos to get my VW, as ever since Delmore became AC the attention to detail & service went down hill faster than freewheeling the A9 into Inverness from the moor...................

Dealer Apathy

I have been so excited about the launch of the new Superb and have been counting down the days.  I have bought 2 cars from the Inverness dealership (when it was Delmore); one Octavia (new) and one 6 month old Superb11 (in 2011).  I thought I would get an invitation to the launch, but it could have been an oversight.  Unphased, yesterday I went with SWMBO to Inverness to have a look at the S111.  Imagine my disappointment as I approach the dealership to see nothing to hint at a new model launch.  The only large poster on the front of the dealership was proclaiming that the Fabia was car of the year 2015.

Pressing on I looked around for a Superb.  Parked ON THE PAVEMENT was a solitary saloon S111.  No fanfare to draw attention to it and just one small sticker saying "ready to go"!  Still not put off I set off inside in search of a sales person.  As I went through the glass doors there is a reception desk with a non smiling lady "greeter".  She avoided eye contact and suddenly found something really interesting to read on her computer.  I carried on into the showroom.  There was one girl saleslady seated at a desk cradling a phone.  No smile and again no eye contact.  In the 2 or 3 minutes I stood in front of her desk she did not look in my direction nor did she utter a word into the phone. 

After about 5 minutes I could take no more and made for the door expecting to be spoken to by the receptionist/greeter.  No such luck.  Having difficulty hiding my frustration, disappointment and anger, I left.  I was so disappointed.

I would never give this dealership my business in the future.  I hope the MD of Arnold Clark and someone senior in Skoda reads this post.  You need to train your people in common courtesy.  Not retrain, as this suggests they have been trained in the first place.  Skoda, can we please have a dealer who is interested in customer care in the area (maybe Elgin).  This dealership is costing you sales.  I will probably have a look at the Passat instead.  If this is the way that potential customers who have £30k burning a hole in their pockets are treated, you have no chance.

Pilkers

I would never give this dealership my business in the future.  I hope the MD of Arnold Clark and someone senior in Skoda reads this post.  You need to train your people in common courtesy.  Not retrain, as this suggests they have been trained in the first place.  Skoda, can we please have a dealer who is interested in customer care in the area (maybe Elgin).  This dealership is costing you sales.  I will probably have a look at the Passat instead.  If this is the way that potential customers who have £30k burning a hole in their pockets are treated, you have no chance.

Pilkers

This is why I bought my new car from Hawco.............my previous was from Delmore, & I saw over the years the "decline" of service etc under AC...................also I think this is why I see more VW than Skoda now, hardly see any MK3 Octavia.........Masses of MK7 Golf though!!

• 11 months later...

You know all the slating Delmore Cars Inverness is getting I had to put my bit in and I am sorry this thread is old but Im raging at the "Oh Arnold Clark are wonderful Comments"

As a 6 year employee of delmore I can say the following,  The manager for the majority was indeed an arse.  And at times they had bad luck with Technician's being a little dense.

But for every bad report there were several good.

Mr O was Loyal to his customers and has his arm twisted behind his back by Skoda,  His costs were soaring to meet Iso and forever new tools were being released which was hard to keep up with.  This is a family run place not a multi national company....

He grew old, and AC made an offer,  He regected saying the staff need to go with the dealership.  So he took £££££££'s less when he sold on the basis AC kept the staff.

They came in, broke every member off staff to the point they left anyway.

Here are a few things I saw,  Then you tell me that Arnold Clark are so much better.....

We were told to reset customers cars to 12 monthly servicing when they came in the workshop regardless of the customer paying more money for long life settings from the factory. The master Tech refused to do it and was promptly forced to...nobody new until there service light popped up 12mths later.

We had meetings each week,  the service reception were given targets to get each customers bill to £500 no matter what. bonus was insentive...

An elderly lady in her 80s had been using delmore for years.  she came in the second week of ownership by Arnold Clark with her old battered skoda favorite.  Mr O used to say "iM not repairing that and giving you a huge bill" and would sort them out a cheap trade in.   However, this time the old lady handed her car in for service and MOT saying her usual of "just do what it needs to pass"

The Master Tech sean failed it on brake lines, fuel tank, rot.  etc etc and told kat the AC service maager from volvo now in charge to call th eold lady and tell her the car is scrap and it was worth £200 quid in good nic let alone the way it was.   Now I heard this with my own ears.  The service manager said they had targets to meet and the naive but lovely old lady who was loyal had given permission to do the work.  The tech was told "stop arguing and get on with it"  He refused again.  

Another tech was made to do the work, and when the little old lady came in.  She was handed a bill for £1600.  I remember her filling out a cheque.  An hour later Rob came through the back and broke down in tear's at what they had done.

This happened many times in the following 4 months I survived with them.  

Delmore may have had issues,  but dont tell me how good AC Inverness are, because behind the scenes all they want is to hit their targets no matter what.

My advice is use Hawko.  Seat/ Audi/ And in particular VW

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Arnold Clark Inverness.

At Arnold Clark with our new Yeti for warranty.

Arnold Clark, by end of day tomorrow all fellow Skoda owners will hear our experience today.

To say what has happened today is acceptable is a disgrace.   

Arnold Clark renault will also have feedback left from clio service last month. Again a disgrace.

Edited by Graffiti

1 hour ago, Graffiti said:

Arnold Clark Inverness.

At Arnold Clark with our new Yeti for warranty.

Arnold Clark, by end of day tomorrow all fellow Skoda owners will hear our experience today.

To say what has happened today is acceptable is a disgrace.   

Arnold Clark renault will also have feedback left from clio service last month. Again a disgrace.

Cryptic!

12 minutes ago, Jigger72 said:

Cryptic!

I dont want to say too much yet, I will wait until its back in my possession before revealing my experience.

So last month we took our clio to Arnold Clark Renault for a service......disaster 

3 weeks ago traded clio against this new Yeti,  its giving problems so back in Arnold Clark today....  And yes, a disaster!  

Just dont want to say too much until I have it back then that will be all ties cut with that company! 

I recently found Arnold Clark Mercedes in Inverness were amazing doing my gearbox oil change. Sorry guys I replaced the skoda with a merc lol. I was worried when I found out they were Arnold Clark!

9 hours ago, Graffiti said:

I dont want to say too much yet, I will wait until its back in my possession before revealing my experience.

Understandable.

When I went to collect my vehicle from a dealership I was having an ongoing issue with, as the Service Desk receptionist handed me back my keys, he made a passing comment to something that was totally unrelated to the issue I had with them, and I believe he, or the dealership, would only have known about it by reading a thread I had started on Briskoda. 

I obviously  cannot prove it, but it was so random, I cannot think why else he would have said it. 

That's why I would advocate caution when people ask others to 'Name & Shame'. 

^^^ in reply.

Mrs Graffiti got a lift in 30 miles to sort things out yesterday.  It got pretty bad. Lying to Mrs G is a bad move! ( trust me, I know)

Our experiences are so bad they almost cant be real!.  But as I heard Arnold clark and Skoda uk patrol these forums I will conclude by saying there reputation is failing badly and they must work on customer service not just the sale of the vehicle!

Nuff said, I know Arnold Clark have snipers around so I think I will get my coat.........

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:11, Graffiti said:

You know all the slating Delmore Cars Inverness is getting I had to put my bit in and I am sorry this thread is old but Im raging at the "Oh Arnold Clark are wonderful Comments"

As a 6 year employee of delmore I can say the following,  The manager for the majority was indeed an arse.  And at times they had bad luck with Technician's being a little dense.

But for every bad report there were several good.

Mr O was Loyal to his customers and has his arm twisted behind his back by Skoda,  His costs were soaring to meet Iso and forever new tools were being released which was hard to keep up with.  This is a family run place not a multi national company....

He grew old, and AC made an offer,  He regected saying the staff need to go with the dealership.  So he took £££££££'s less when he sold on the basis AC kept the staff.

They came in, broke every member off staff to the point they left anyway.

This happened many times in the following 4 months I survived with them.  

Delmore may have had issues,  but dont tell me how good AC Inverness are, because behind the scenes all they want is to hit their targets no matter what.

My advice is use Hawko.  Seat/ Audi/ And in particular VW

Mrs Graffiti got a lift in 30 miles to sort things out yesterday.  It got pretty bad. Lying to Mrs G is a bad move! ( trust me, I know)

Our experiences are so bad they almost cant be real!.  But as I heard Arnold clark and Skoda uk patrol these forums I will conclude by saying there reputation is failing badly and they must work on customer service not just the sale of the vehicle!

Nuff said, I know Arnold Clark have snipers around so I think I will get my coat.........

Like I said previously I have seen the same from a customer 2001 to 2014 point of view...AC ruined it.

I was surprised you actually bought a car from AC...not heading your own advice...numbnuts...:tongueout:

.....The main reason I chose a VW was because Skoda is AC here......just any car so long as NOT from an AC place...

Edited by fabdavrav

Aye Aye!! But it was the only place that had one in our budget. Idea was buy the car, just the car no mats or extras and never go back...

See it was desperate times, we needed another car and for 6 months saw nothing.  With having the baby etc going all over Scotland looking we just couldnt do.

There was one Yeti Outdoor in Aberdeen at 2012 with 82k on clock for 8k and as I passed I saw the one on AC's car park for 9k at a 2014 with 30k on clock, one owner and an outdoor 4x4 model.   I hated every second there but as we said to the salesman " we just want the car and nothing else" 

Im servicing it myself and also its being serviced by a reputable garage in between to keep the book stamped.

This warranty issue, well yeah, I didnt see that coming.   But with 90% being Arnold Clark where do you go. 

Hence we decided not to get a new one and be tied with AC and just empty the bank and by one cash and be done with it.

But I stand by my advice, use Seat Audi or Hawko for servicing!  Never Arnold clark.  But the wifes car was a renault clio bought with a 4 year service plan ( before we met ) from Ness Motors, so when AC took over we had no choice as she paid for it already!   So I do heed my own advice, But in cases like that how can you tell a dealer is going to sell to AC in the future? 

The Skoda had its warranty visit, and thats its dealings done there with them. Making use of the 60 day warranty. No point paying someone else for something that would be free.

From next month outside of warranty will be Hawko if there are more issues.

Dealings not done,  car in limp again today.  It was not a boost pipe issue.

Lied to about being fixed.  Which i knew anyway as I saw diagnostic report briefly. And told them i suspect Egr.  

The stress continues

19 hours ago, Graffiti said:

Aye Aye!! But it was the only place that had one in our budget. Idea was buy the car, just the car no mats or extras and never go back...

See it was desperate times, we needed another car and for 6 months saw nothing.  With having the baby etc going all over Scotland looking we just couldnt do.

There was one Yeti Outdoor in Aberdeen at 2012 with 82k on clock for 8k and as I passed I saw the one on AC's car park for 9k at a 2014 with 30k on clock, one owner and an outdoor 4x4 model.   I hated every second there but as we said to the salesman " we just want the car and nothing else" 

Im servicing it myself and also its being serviced by a reputable garage in between to keep the book stamped.

This warranty issue, well yeah, I didnt see that coming.   But with 90% being Arnold Clark where do you go. 

Hence we decided not to get a new one and be tied with AC and just empty the bank and by one cash and be done with it.

But I stand by my advice, use Seat Audi or Hawko for servicing!  Never Arnold clark.  But the wifes car was a renault clio bought with a 4 year service plan ( before we met ) from Ness Motors, so when AC took over we had no choice as she paid for it already!   So I do heed my own advice, But in cases like that how can you tell a dealer is going to sell to AC in the future? 

The Skoda had its warranty visit, and thats its dealings done there with them. Making use of the 60 day warranty. No point paying someone else for something that would be free.

From next month outside of warranty will be Hawko if there are more issues.

So basically sounds like you had your wallet & balls caught between a rock & a hard place then....:blink:

5 minutes ago, Graffiti said:

Dealings not done,  car in limp again today.  It was not a boost pipe issue.

Lied to about being fixed.  Which i knew anyway as I saw diagnostic report briefly. And told them i suspect Egr.  

The stress continues

You know I have VCDS if you require an independent look for piece of mind.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, fabdavrav said:

So basically sounds like you had your wallet & balls caught between a rock & a hard place then....:blink:

You know I have VCDS if you require an independent look for piece of mind.......

Funny you say that,

10 mins ago I said to wife about crossing your palms with silver and speaking nice to you.   

Good to have you on side.  Keep you posted as motorstore service depo wont call back the wife and Skoda saying end of month before seeing it. Interesting that both say its out of its 30 day warranty by 1 day.  

Bad to worse... It's a month nearly before they will take it again. And Service manager being well as the wife put it " an arse" 

lol just saw ^^^ wallet and balls caught between rock and hard place :biggrin:. Yeah accurate!   

Fabdav. PM sent.  Time to get ahead of it all.

• 11 months later...

Took My Scout into Skoda Inverness (Arnold Clark), for warranty work.

My less than 35k car needed a new rear wheel bearing and to investigate a noise from the engine compartment.

They tried to charge the warranty company (VWFS) for a 2 hour test drive?.

VWFS told them to poke it, so Arnold Clark tried to charge me for it, after a heated discussion they dropped the charge to 30 mins labour charge, which i still think is completely wrong, but i needed my car back.

The noise from my engine compartment was the cambelt  tensioner, which was replaced, but when i was taking the car away they said that there was another noise, they think that its now the alternator tensioner, i told them that the other noise was not there before they started working on the car.

Is there a decent dealer anywhere near Elgin?, can i use the warranty anywhere else.

I will not use Arnold Clark ever again.

My understanding is they should only charge you for the test drive if they assess there is no fault. As soon as they discover the fault, the test drive should be free. 

That's how it was explained to me by the Service Department at Henry's when I enquired about them looking at an issue I had with exhaust fumes in the cabin. 

I would send an email with a copy of the Test Drive Fee to VWFS, and raise it with them. They may tell you to raise it with SUK. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update, Spoke with Skoda customer services.

They seemed surprised that Arnold Clark had charged me for the test drive and said that they would contact them to find out why.

Arnold clark then told skoda that the test drive was 2 hours but they had reduced the fee to 30 mins of labour as "Goodwill".

I also told Skoda that my dashcam had been switched off during the cars garage visit, only to be switched on just prior to me picking the car up.

I will never let arnold clark touch my car again, nor will i ever buy a car from them.

But 2 hours for a garage to find a damaged wheel bearing?................