Autostation - Dun Laoghaire

Bought my skoda from auto station (with a small"a") 14 months ago ,this is a Yeti greenline ll Elegance. Had six Octavias so a change was in order. Got lots of plastic extras i.e kick plates etc and a three year service pack free (it's on the invoice).

So two weeks ago brought the car in for it's first service (twelve months but only 4000 miles I'm retired) to be told NO . The deal would not be honoured. After much discussion they decided to service my car free but no future services would be free. This after I bought four or five skodas from this dealer .The case is continuining ,I have written to management and shortly intend writing to SKODA and the Society of Irish Motoring Industry (SIMI) .I'm not giving up on this one. Being retired I've more time to spare than they do.More to say as it happens.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got a solution friday. auto station would not meet with Skoda Ireland to discuss the matter.So Skoda has set up a service agreement with another dealer

Pilsen to honour the deal . auto station's loss .I've already directed two friends away from their door .One has already bought a Yeti Urban . I've already contacted SIMI to complain as well so I'm going the whole hog with this. What more can I say about auto station ?? Bad service , Bad attitude full stop.

• Like 2

Got a solution friday. auto station would not meet with Skoda Ireland to discuss the matter.So Skoda has set up a service agreement with another dealer

Pilsen to honour the deal . auto station's loss .I've already directed two friends away from their door .One has already bought a Yeti Urban . I've already contacted SIMI to complain as well so I'm going the whole hog with this. What more can I say about auto station ?? Bad service , Bad attitude full stop.

Glad you got sorted, you wont go far wrong with Pilsen, they are very good and helpful

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if Autostation have ceased trading, as car showrooms appear empty, signage is all still in place, but only service dept, ( Beacon Automotive), seem to be working?

I was talking to them a few weeks ago and they have closed the Sales Dept.

Service is still operating.

They mentioned that Skoda wanted them to extend/ upgrade the Sales area, and they didn't think it was financially viable.

Seems a bit extreme, but they decided to shut down the Sales anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep they are no longer doing skoda as they wanted a new show room and skoda said they wouldn't help fund it so they stopped selling their cars! Well that's what I was told anyway.

Kit :)

• 4 months later...

Autostation is no more, service dept ceased trading also at end of 2013, and some staff transferred to the Hyundai section in Stillorgan, while some of the others moved to Spirit Sandyford.