Hiya,

New here, but have an issue. I have a Monte Carlo black edition 64 plate skoda fabia. I have scuffed a rim quite badly and really want it repaired but I am having a really terrible time trying to find out the colour of the paint. The repair men say they need a RAL code for it. I cannot find it, I have called the parts guys at Skoda they say it's not on file. It is black but seems to have a bit of grey in there it's not a normal colour. Any help would be greatly appreiciated, it's really doing my head in :(. If required, can upload some photos. Has anyone else had the same issue and what was your soloution it looks terrible and skoda really have left me hanging on this one. It's on finance so really needs to be spot on colour wise as I plan to part exchange.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Edited by kharvey

There have been threads on this before bud and I remember reading the name 'black magic' but not 100% so do your research.

Regarding part ex it's only going to make a huge difference if you plan to hand the vehicle back and walk away. You should have equity in the car when you come to part ex after the finance has been settled. Plus it doesn't cost most garages to refurb a wheel as they have contracts with the local wheel companies, same as the dent man.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A google or search of Monte Carlo wheel colour paint will show the 3 or more threads with advice on colours and how to mix the colour.

• Like 1

So really is it worth all the bother or just leave it, does it go down as standard wear and tear when part /x a car? It is the 1st one i've financed, thanks for your responses.

I've part ex cars on finance every 3 years or less and never bothered with the wheels unless it's really noticeable. If it's a scuff then that's fine, if you have a gouge out the alloy then perhaps do something about it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by jonro2009

• 11 months later...