tweenster's very red Monte Carlo

tweenster

I thought I would start a project thread to record what I have done. I will keep the general chat on the other thread but keep this as a pictorial record and details of mods etc.

Day 1 when I brought her home:

Yes, it's a:

DSC_0245_zps9f9b02b2.jpg

DSC_0239_zps2f742625.jpg

DSC_0242_zps5fb6dbed.jpg

DSC_0241_zps27a1aefc.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsfde39cb3.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsb154eb4c.jpg

Variable boot floor and rear wheel arch carpet fitted, along with rubber bootliner:

DSC_0329_zpsrld785ky.jpg

DSC_0331_zpsarfztx18.jpg

DSC_0332_zpspg0va1td.jpg

Rear drums and wheel nut covers painted black:

DSC_0323_zpsvkx6rprm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi tweenster, That Citigo does look great and I do like the extras you have professionly done,what roughly did it cost and was it very difficult. Roy

Hi tweenster, That Citigo does look great and I do like the extras you have professionly done,what roughly did it cost and was it very difficult. Roy

Mudflaps brought from Skoda dealer - can't remember the cost - £20-£25??? You have to decide if drilling holes in the rear bumper is for you or not. I chose not and so cut the posts off the Skoda mudflaps. Apparently the VW Up ones are slightly different so these may be a better choice - up to you.

Raised boot floor - £105 (or so - memory is fading!)

Rubber boot liner - £20 secondhand off a Briskoda member

Wheel arch carpet - a luxury from Superskoda

Painted rear drums - Cost of a tin of smooth Hammerite - £10?

Black side indicators - £16(ish)

I am a complete mechanical numpty so if I can do these jobs then anyone can.

Mudflaps brought from Skoda dealer - can't remember the cost - £20-£25??? You have to decide if drilling holes in the rear bumper is for you or not. I chose not and so cut the posts off the Skoda mudflaps. Apparently the VW Up ones are slightly different so these may be a better choice - up to you.

Raised boot floor - £105 (or so - memory is fading!)

Rubber boot liner - £20 secondhand off a Briskoda member

Wheel arch carpet - a luxury from Superskoda - Stolen from Hyphons sweet ride

Painted rear drums - Cost of a tin of smooth Hammerite - £10?

I am a complete mechanical numpty so if I can do these jobs then anyone can.

:yes:

• Like 1

i shall get round to doing this david,it shure does improve on a very decent car and not to much of an outlay cheers may go for the vw version of mudflaps.

hi tweenster,im interested in lining the citigo boot with carpet like you have done also hyphons (DAVID) exellent job,did you use the same method ie pull the side trim away to get the carpet under or did you trim it to fit around thr trim,looking at Davids video it does look a bit daunting pulling on the trim without snapping it etc,and is the carpet the same thickness as the original thats in the boot floor?,looking at your customizing work really gives an already nice citigo that extra appeal much the same as hyphons. ROY

Thanks David on the trim,I took off the little plastic cover for changing the bulbs etc and tried easing the trim away like shown on tweensters video I really tugged on it to see how difficult it will be,you mention the clipping being metal,what looks a bit fragile is the actual gray trim cover so as to feed the carpet under the covers,will have another try I was afraid of damageing that part but you were successful so it can be done cheers David.Roy

• 3 months later...

How much did the boot cover cost you? looks smart :)

The boot cover? Not sure which part you are referring to. The variable boot floor costs about £105 for all the parts, the rubber bootliner I bought secondhand from a fellow Briskodian for £20.

Hi again, ok got myself a monte in black yesterday :), love it! I traded it in for my citigo se. As you have a monte how many miles would you say that you're getting from half a tank? My se would get about 100 miles and that was from £10 worth of fuel. Just want to see if my monte will get the same. Thanks :)

• Like 2

I only ever fill the tank when it needs filling, never put 'just a tenner' in. At the current prices £10 would get you about 9 litres, or a tad under 2 gallons, so 100 miles would be 50-53mpg? Depending on your journeys and how heavy footed you are that is ok, but not great. I've been doing a lot of A road driving recently and regularly getting over 60mpg (according to the PID) and on occasion have hit 70. Very impressed with those figures.

• 1 year later...

Pick up my new Citigo Montecarlo this week and yes it is red. Love the mods you have made and look forward to following your progress. :)

Sadly there will be no more progress; the car goes in Part Ex tomorrow.