I finally got my citigo!

tiber

After a number of annoying delays my 15 plate citigo (3 door, SE greentech) finally arrived today!  

You have all seen a citigo before, but here is some pics anyway :P

car%201_zpsnpcrdm9h.jpg

car%202_zpsoknf5por.jpg

car%203_zpsd9naoxje.jpg

car%205_zpsgwwu3ixl.jpg

Oh and some people seem interested in the new dual driver window controls, so enjoy...

car%204_zpsdkyhgcmw.jpg

This is my first ever car and I adore it.  I bought it from Derek Slack Motors in Middlesbrough and I really have no complaints about them at all.

I bought a black stripe kit on ebay and look forward to getting this added in the near future!

• Like 4

Excellent first car :thumbup: mine was near identical to your's when I first bought it (also my first car) the only difference's we don'y share is mine had 14" alloys and wasn't a Greentec model, but everything else the same :) it's safe to say that 2 years on the car's definitely transformed, I'm sure you too will soon be hooked (or perhaps already are seeing as you've brought a stripe kit :D) to changing the look of the car

Got mine March 25th, not greentech as its a ASG and its an elegance trim. Still done less that 500 miles tho lol, so need to take a drive. Enjoy it, I certainly am

Mine had ten miles on it at dealership, it now has just over 100  :p

Its very different to the diesel fiesta I learned to drive in, putting my foot down around town has been a novelty.   We took it on the A1 last night and it did just fine on the big roads

just did 130 miles in it.... just for the sake of stretching its legs for the first time.

took it up the a19 and m1... and it did great on the motorway (ive never actually been on one before!) and it was great, the speeds didnt bother it at all.

only complaint is that it wasnt great at going up to 70 quickly on the slip roads.

Edited by tiber

i probably shouldnt know this if i did gears prompty at roundabouts .... but one of my fav things about driving the citigo is how snappy it is in first gear, the bigger car i learned to drive in hated going above 10 in first even for 10 seconds, the citigo just zooms away in first lol

Edited by tiber
  • Like 1

just did 130 miles in it.... just for the sake of stretching its legs for the first time.

took it up the a19 and m1... and it did great on the motorway (ive never actually been on one before!) and it was great, the speeds didnt bother it at all.

only complaint is that it wasnt great at going up to 70 quickly on the slip roads.

Wait until the engines had some proper miles on it. Once it's run in, I found it more responsive than ever. Plus you can get further up the rev range once it's broken in. 

Short shifting at about 2.5/3k rpm you can get up to 70mph at an okay rate. If you really need to get your speed up quickly, you can get up to just beyond 50 in second gear. Obviously at the expense of some economy, but if you're just getting your speed up, it's quick enough and means you're joining at a safer speed. :-) 

• Like 1

I just got the stripe on!

e085e2b0-8cdf-4fe2-a14d-fa8dfaa5ff47_zps

20150427_155149_zpseev6pfkl.jpg

8b56cfb1-4a20-4203-969a-bdeea3201f5f_zps

Got the kit on ebey and paid a local company to put it on, they made a hash of the windscreen ( :p ) but all in all I got the look I wanted for under 1/3 of the price of what the dealer wanted for the same thing  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 2

You are clearly not trying hard enough! It does need some revs to get the best out of it so best save this for when it has been properly run it, but trust me you can get up to motorway speeds quite swiftly by keeping it in third. I also find that when leaving a 50mph restricted zone on a motorway the best way to get back up to 70 is by dropping to 3rd. It's great fun as well. (And don't listen to the tree huggers!).

• Like 3

funny you should quote that post, the guy who did the stripe said his wife has a mii, they paid the extra for the higher horse power and said it was a complete waste of money

• Like 1

You are clearly not trying hard enough! It does need some revs to get the best out of it so best save this for when it has been properly run it, but trust me you can get up to motorway speeds quite swiftly by keeping it in third. I also find that when leaving a 50mph restricted zone on a motorway the best way to get back up to 70 is by dropping to 3rd. It's great fun as well. (And don't listen to the tree huggers!).

I would refrain from doing it until you have at least 1k miles under it's belt, "running in" it's called for those of a certain age. The maual tells you all you need to know.

• Like 2

I would refrain from doing it until you have at least 1k miles under it's belt, "running in" it's called for those of a certain age. The maual tells you all you need to know.

Which is what I said! I have nearly 5k on the clock now and it is running sweet.

• Like 1

I completely agree with the comment about dropping straight to 3rd from 5th to get things moving. 4th just seems irrelevant to me a lot of the time; dropping down to it from 5th going up hills or overtaking gives very little extra urge over staying in 5th. Stirring it into 3rd gets the required response. Even going up the 'box, if I stoke it in 3rd, I often go straight to 5th. All after it's been properly run in of course, your honour......

And yes, paying extra for the 75PS motor is pretty much a complete waste of money. But I would be very tempted by a 90PS-ish LPT version of the same engine, as long as it had more mid range torque.

Edited by Citigopher

I completely agree with the comment about dropping straight to 3rd from 5th to get things moving. 4th just seems irrelevant to me a lot of the time; dropping down to it from 5th going up hills or overtaking gives very little extra urge over staying in 5th. Stirring it into 3rd gets the required response. Even going up the 'box, if I stoke it in 3rd, I often go straight to 5th. All after it's been properly run in of course, your honour......

And yes, paying extra for the 75PS motor is pretty much a complete waste of money. But I would be very tempted by a 90PS-ish LPT version of the same engine, as long as it had more mid range torque.

It seems that this is the common practice for most normally aspirated 3 pots. My wife previously had a Matiz and this is the procedure that she found best.

Fred