Garland Motors - Aldershot..

DGW

I bought a couple of service parts the other day and the guy in the parts department was very friendly. Chatted for a few minutes. The place is split over two buildings. One is the sales centre (which is all modern and clean) and a few doors down round the back is the parts dept, which is a nice setup I think as it means I can go straight to the parts guys if I need technical help and not need to hang around the show room.

Edited by Dunkuk

Picked my new Octy up from them last week.

Sales process - good

Test drive - good

Communication during waiting - none existent (only phone call was once there was a transport order from the dock in the UK)

Collection - good

Had dealings with Kevin in parts he seems spot on

Will probably get them to service it the first time and see how that goes, will I buy from them again - if new only potentially due to the lack of updates (how hard is it to pick up the phone for 2 minutes every few weeks?)

• 6 months later...

Used Garlands for the first time ever to purchase my new Superb L & K Estate just 12 days ago. Got a good price (I think) for my Octavia L & K Estate and a very keen price on the new Superb. Found all the staff friendly and helpful - Nick was very professional in his approach, kept me informed by regular emails from build to delivery, handover went smoothly. Overall I was very impressed by the set up. This is my 10th Skoda !

Purchased my first Skoda from them a Corrado Red VRS. Sarah who I dealt with was excellent, just the DVLA taking their time transferring my private plate.

Excellent customer service and plenty of free coffee.

Got my MK1 vrs serviced here last year, will be taking my mk2 here now, also would like to say a long time ago, was my Grandad and Great Uncle who set up Garland motors, selling subarus before skoda amongst other marquees!

• 2 months later...

My vRS had it's first major service today. Had the car back by 11am washed and vacuumed. The staff very friendly and helpful, and went through everything that had been done with me. Would highly recommend....very efficient.

Vrs first service today. All very professional, spare screen wash left in car for me. Car cleaned but not a great job (oily finger prints left on bonnet and roof).

Also couldn't hear the rattle I reported coming from the engine bay somewhere (got to book in again if it's still there, which it is)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done a second deal with Garlands and this time with Nick W, who has worked very hard indeed to give me a truly excellent deal on my car.

He's pulled out all of the stops to clinch the deal on my new Mk3 Octavia vRS and spent loads of time working out the exactly what I wanted, the overall cost and what my monthly payments would be using a PCP & the sales pitch was never pushy or patronising, all done clearly & concisely and he's even taking care of the number plate transfer as well.

The showroom was as spotless as ever and I've always had a warm welcome over there, the only drawback is the parking is very limited, but it seems that can be said for most dealerships these days.

I can't wait for the delivery of my new car now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not very impressed with Garland Motors when they told me I could NOT supply my own oil for a service even though it meets the oil settings in the handbook :devil:  as they can't do this I will be taking it further!

They had also lost our service booking made 6 weeks ago :wall:

NOT IMPRESSED

Not very impressed with Garland Motors when they told me I could NOT supply my own oil for a service even though it meets the oil settings in the handbook :devil:  as they can't do this I will be taking it further!

They had also lost our service booking made 6 weeks ago :wall:

NOT IMPRESSED

A quick follow up to my previous post, I had a message to call the Group After Sales Manager when I got home, who not only confirmed I could use my own oil but apologised for the person I spoke to yesterday and said they would be going on some training! She said she would try and look into our lost booking and I gave her some more details. I was very impressed with her and she may have redeemed Garland Motors in my eyes as long as the service tomorrow goes smoothly?? 

A quick follow up to my previous post, I had a message to call the Group After Sales Manager when I got home, who not only confirmed I could use my own oil but apologised for the person I spoke to yesterday and said they would be going on some training! She said she would try and look into our lost booking and I gave her some more details. I was very impressed with her and she may have redeemed Garland Motors in my eyes as long as the service tomorrow goes smoothly??

Happy now! Car has been serviced and cleaned very efficiently, had a coffee and a look round, so al in pleased with the experience and happy to use Garland next year!

Well done

I picked my car up last Friday and Nick who did the deal for me, did an excellent job of doing the handover and took care to explain all of the controls and how they worked, the valeting team made sure that the car was immaculate.

Very happy with the service from Garlands.

• 2 months later...

I have just order my Second Octavia vRS through Nick. He worked really hard on my further Skoda purchase and pulled out all the stops for me on this one too. I have found the service that I have received to be Second to None. I wold wholeheartedly recommend them to any of my friends or colleagues.

Wasn't intending to buy a car that day but Nick was very helpful  :happy:  even allowing me to install a car seat for my baby into the showroom display model to see if it would fit.  Got a good deal and looking forward to taking delivery of my Fabia vRS in two to 4 weeks

• Like 1

Just picked up new octy vrs today ordered on 15th oct by what I've read about waiting times been a lucky man :) delt with nick got to say top man kept me informed all the way with weekly updates without fail. Got to say garlands has always been a good and efficient dealer when it's come to servicing my cars and nick's just proved to me that the sales side is just as strong.this is the 2nd vrs iv'e owned and can say it probably won't be my last, nice one nick!

Edited by Twink

• 1 month later...

Vrs first service today. All very professional, spare screen wash left in car for me. Car cleaned but not a great job (oily finger prints left on bonnet and roof).

Also couldn't hear the rattle I reported coming from the engine bay somewhere (got to book in again if it's still there, which it is)

Hi IMT, could you check your messages please. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Similar experience with Garlands, they seem to have difficulty hearing rattles, my Superb has been in twice for an oddly behaving radio, "we can't make it go wrong" and a rattle in the front vent they cannot hear, that everyone else can. Service is efficient and friendly and when they make mistakes they put things right quickly (took the lacquer of the wing on my previous Octavia), I now don' t let them clean my car.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm due to buy my third car from Garlands and cannot speak more highly of a motor dealer. They have always put problems right. I have also sent them two new customers in the past which I was happy to do.

The Citigo has been delightful as well as the Fabia I had before.

I have tried out the Rapid on a days hire and impressed enough to consider one when I retire.

My sister in law is impressed with the two she has had and also with Garlands service

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took my car into Garlands a couple of days ago after the airbag light came on. They booked my car in within 24 hours and were very friendly and helpful. I dropped my car off the following morning and had a call that afternoon confirming that all the work had been done.

On collection they fully explained what work had been done. Overall I was very impressed and will probably use them for servicing in the future.

• 5 months later...

Just taken the vRS in for it's first service/oil change. It was filthy  :blush: when it went in, yet after the service it came back to me in an absolutely immaculate condition, washed & vacuumed and running even better than before.

Staff as per usual great & friendly. Things have improved a lot. :thumbup:

Thanks guys!  :clap:

• 11 months later...

Collected my Superb III L & K Estate DSG from Garlands just a week ago, having ordered 1st July. It's my second purchase from them. I would heartily commendthem for their friendly yet professional attitude - nothing is too much trouble. Nick W did the deal and David S kept me up to date with progress, or lack

of it, with a weekly phone call until handover. I'm glad to be one of their customers.

• 2 months later...

I bought my first Skoda, s/h 2 litre diesel elegance estate from Garlands, nothing but praise for them, car was ready for collection less than 24 hours after I first saw it and had a test drive, negotiated a good trade in price.

Just had 20,000 service which I booked online price £199 (after Volvos this is really cheap!!!).  On arrival, system had not recognised my booking despite me having a confirmation email.  No problem, "we can fit you in" delay of only five minutes or so, price will be a maximum of £176, nice surpise!

Two hours later, car washed and vacced, cost £142.99 = one happy bunny!

Will definitely use again.

• 3 months later...

I forgot to mention that I have taken my 3rd Skoda home from Garlands at Aldershot about 3 weeks ago now, this time it was Rebecca with whom I dealt with. I believe Nick has been promoted.

A smooth deal done with her and she kept me informed all the way through and even let me know that the car was going to be early, 6 weeks earlier than anticipated.

I got the normal good service from start to finish.

• 3 months later...

Garland Motors are fantastic, I collected my second new Skoda from them 2 weeks ago and the service from Alex Prior in the sales department was first class. He went above and beyond what would be expected and provided me with a fantastic deal on my new Fabia Monte Carlo. I had a Rapid SE Connect before and was disappointed with the quality of the car due to several warranty issues no fault of Garland's. They have bent over backwards to help and make me feel like a valued customer. The service department is also excellent. Definitely worth using if you are local to Aldershot.

• 8 months later...

I started taking my car to Garland's after I bought it from an independent dealer and a few faults showed up. I've also had a major service done there.

Without exception, every member of their staff I've spoken to in the Service Department has been polite, professional and has known their stuff. They all seem to love cars. I don't perceive that they've ever been anything less than totally honest with me about the work that needed doing. Every job has been completed on-time, at or below the price I was quoted. I've found the prices quoted very competitive compared with what I've seen people on this forum say they paid for similar work. I even got a text with a link to a video of the Technician checking the tyres and underside of my car and explaining everything last time.

The only thing I wish was better is that they seem to be a victim of their own success and it takes 2 weeks plus to get a workshop appointment if I need a courtesy car. They clearly have no shortage of returning customers. I have confidence in Garland's and intend to keep taking my car there. They will be my first call when I want a brand new vRS to replace my current one (vRS, you can't just have one. Right?)