Anglesey Trackday

MartynVRS

From Swansea? I'd have thought it'd be more like 4 hours. I took a car there once from Chester and it still took forever.

I'm not in Swansea. I'm more mid Wales now.

I competed in a sprint at Anglesey last weekend. Both the national and international are great layouts, international in mega. The weather changes every 5 minutes but the Tarmac is brilliantly grippy in the wet so it's not such a bad thing when it rains.

• Administrators

Pembrey is really nice though, just tucked away :) Enjoyed the off track 'rally' area as was a decade ago too. Llandow is very easy to learn and safe enough if you back off on the obvious kerb to armco bits. So Anglesey is like a hilly version of Pembrey, plenty to do and space to do it.... or was

Anglesey used to be amazing, I can only imagine it's better in some aspects now. Still never completely deciphered how I managed in a FWD car to spin anticlockwise exiting a RHD corner, maybe I was looking at the sea too much :D

I'd say go for it!

• Like 1

Nephew doing this circuit in July, not sure who with, looks a good layout, just deciding whether to Tag along and give the Octy another blast round track. Some good vids on You-Tube.

I would be up for an Anglesey meet and track day, there is a great camp site near a beach I have been to before, Anglesey is 100 miles from me so just a couple of hours.

• Like 1