Question about Vauxhalls

kiraanastasia

Have to say all my dealings with Vauxhalls in the recent past have left me very underwhelmed.

Courtesy car corsa- very poor to drive, no power, no feel.

Colleagues Vectra - constant problems with the alarm system (about a dozen return visits to the garage). Eventually told that it was his fault and "just bypass the alarm by soldering some wire between the contacts on the window in question" by a Vauxhall mechanic. Since then, he got rid of it and bought a Kia and been over the moon with it (with none of the issues).

Courtesy Corsas tend to be the 1.0 versions with 18.9 secs 0-62mph; achingly slow and too heavy for the engine.

Sounds like a dealer issue to me with that Vectra-I'd have got Vauxhall head office customer services involved to get it sorted.

Hyundai/Kia products are pretty impressive now-very well engineered and easily up to Jap standards now.

Aspman, on 11 May 2015 - 12:07, said:

My 97 Astra Arctic Sp Ed, had very good AC.

Didn't have many problems with it other than a transponder in the key stopped working at a petrol station which was a bit embaressing

Lucky sod.  We had a 97 Astra LS wagon - everything fell off, door locks, mirrors, the center air vent jammed open for 7 years, it broke rear springs every 18 months, and I finally threw it away after dodgy brake balance across the rear threw SWMBO off the road in it.

Added to which the dealers, good god.  The first one couldnt fix the door locks or vents , the next couldn't diagnose knackered HT leads and so it went on.

Edited by camelspyyder

Lucky sod.  We had a 97 Astra LS wagon - everything fell off, door locks, mirrors, the center air vent jammed open for 7 years, it broke rear springs every 18 months, and I finally threw it away after dodgy brake balance across the rear threw SWMBO off the road in it.

Added to which the dealers, good god.  The first one couldnt fix the door locks or vents , the next couldn't diagnose knackered HT leads and so it went on.

I only had it for 2yr admittedly and it wasn't that old at that point.

Courtesy Corsas tend to be the 1.0 versions with 18.9 secs 0-62mph; achingly slow and too heavy for the engine.

Sounds like a dealer issue to me with that Vectra-I'd have got Vauxhall head office customer services involved to get it sorted.

Hyundai/Kia products are pretty impressive now-very well engineered and easily up to Jap standards now.

The dealer did get Vauxhall head office involved and the answer that came back was that" you shouldn't take dogs in the back of an estate as they can scratch the glass which affects our alarm". Seemingly they sense the resistivity of the quarterlight (don't ask me how) and the most minor of scratches can cause the system to go into meltdown requiring the quarterlight to need replaced - there is no way to isolate the window from the system apart from soldering in a short circuit yourself.

He has since had the Kia for 3yrs IIRC and only issues have been the glow plugs which were changed under warranty.

The dealer did get Vauxhall head office involved and the answer that came back was that" you shouldn't take dogs in the back of an estate as they can scratch the glass which affects our alarm". Seemingly they sense the resistivity of the quarterlight (don't ask me how) and the most minor of scratches can cause the system to go into meltdown requiring the quarterlight to need replaced - there is no way to isolate the window from the system apart from soldering in a short circuit yourself.

He has since had the Kia for 3yrs IIRC and only issues have been the glow plugs which were changed under warranty.

Obvious response: "Is there a warning in the handbook that these vehicles are unsuitable for transporting animals?

As mentioned by him numerous times to the dealer - there is nothing to say that dogs are not to be transported within the boot area so it should be designed accordingly

What im wondering is.....

Can a citigo even do 80mph?

Must have to rev the balls off it. Will be sitting at 6k rpm at those dizzy speeds

Easily. I got the 74bhp and the engine is quiet and stays about about 3000rpm surprisingly. Wind noise can be annoying but the citigo is a dream compared to my little Ka that sounded like a tractor.

Note, no mention of mph,

But I bet she was doing her nails at the time, with a can of 'Steller' (ha) in the other hand. :D

Don't drink alcohol and even if I wanted to have my nails painted I couldn't for work. I drive with both hands on the steering wheel except for obviously changing gears lol

Don't drink alcohol and even if I wanted to have my nails painted I couldn't for work. I drive with both hands on the steering wheel except for obviously changing gears lol

So do you only have one hand on the wheel when you're inconspicuously changing gears? ;)

• Like 2