My family bus

GazDoran

Cool what bhp and torque you running now

They reckon as high as 220bhp/330lbft

I think more like 200Bhp/300lbft

The nearest dyno spot to me has just had new rollers put in, so I'm tempted to go through for a power run.

• 9 months later...

I don't post on here often enough, so I decided to come and share some pics today.

I'm now only a couple of weeks away from a years ownership of the Superb and its been a great year. No faults at all to report, she's been flawless. Just had 4 new tyres and a service with no problems, goes in for an MOT on Thursday which she should sail through.

I haven't carried out any further mods on the car. I did get her on a dyno which confirmed that after the remap she is running a just under 200Bhp and 330lbft...pretty healthy.

Heres some of the latest pics after a good clean.

Whilst getting hoovered/interior cleaned

20160215_132248_zpsl6fxklcx.jpg

Snow foam pre wash

20160215_143311_zpsrbfvdsrq.jpg

2 days, total of around 11 hours later...

20160216_195235_zps8vlw8xiu.jpg

20160216_195056_zpsglkuowao.jpg

20160216_195313_zpski8jjmtf.jpg

This was all just over a week ago. One of my younger cousins was getting married. We have a local group "West Coast VAGs" that myself and 3 cousins are part of. The group is quite a close knit "family" of really good guys. So we decided that we would run a convoy for the wedding with my superb as lead car chauffeuring the groom  B)

Lets be honest....the Superb was made for this kind of thing! So here's a few pics from outside of the church. Unfortunately it rained all day, but at least it gave some nice beading. My cousin and his new wife were  happy anyway and that's all that really mattered!  :thumbup:

20160221_134203_zpsqjtib3nb.jpg

20160221_134306_zpsvalqbgrb.jpg

20160221_134245_zpsd7fubkwy.jpg

20160221_134220_zpsmqplmfx7.jpg

• Like 1

I take speed bumps nice and slow and to be honest, I've yet to really scrub on one. The car is lowered 40mm too...the bigger problem is inclines or declines to a flat surface. There's quite a distance from the front wheels to the front most extreme of the bumper, so things like multistorey car parks are a nightmare!

• 7 months later...

Yet again it's been ages since I updated this, or even came on the forum really. Sorry!

So here's a couple of small updates and pics.

The alloys were starting to look a little tired, lacquer was peeling all over the place and bringing down the overall look of the car. Further inspection seemed to show that they had a fairly substandard refurb at some point in there life. So off they went for a proper job done!

The alloys were originally a flat silver. I decided that I wanted to add a bit of bling to them, so they got a fair amount of metal flake added in to the paint for the refurb (hard to pic, but i've tried). I think that this complements the fleck in the Black Magic paint better and looks awesome in the sunlight. Once the alloys were refurbed I polished and protected them with a couple of coats of Very Berry from Autobrite.

20160527_170419_zpsunx80owd.jpg

20160527_170442_zpskb6uedsr.jpg

20160528_082213_zpskdrbprpl.jpg

20160528_082226_zpsmvcmlq42.jpg

After the refurb, I noticed that the original Axe Design centre caps were looking shoddy as hell...Obviously I couldn't get Skoda replacements for them, as they aren't Skoda Wheels. But I decided that I would have a shot at modifying them rather than try and source replacement Axe ones.

20160727_102926_zpsvy0r2txi.jpg

Managed to find some overlays on Ebay in the right size with the updated Skoda logo to match the rest of the car. I stripped the axe logo's off the centre caps - Took a knife, nail polish remove, lots of swearing and a sliced thumb, but I got there. Can see in the above pic that one is already stripped.

Applied the new overlays and job done!!

20160727_113618_zps42wquvdo.jpg

20161002_113638_zpsrqqngjkd.jpg

20161002_113623_zpsgmpllp5y.jpg

Gives the wheels an OEM look, which I love.

Anway, thats all for the updates to the car. Still love it, takes whatever I can throw at it, looks amazing, shifts pretty well and even handles great given its size and weight. So here's a few more pics.

Used her for my wedding day, here she is all tarted up outside the church!

20160731_120419_zpskj4d4mru.jpg

20160731_120412_zpsabwxp4k5.jpg

Here she is after going out for a play up Hartside with a friends Boxster...

20161002_151126_zpszjvh356r.jpg

IMG_20161007_224207_zpsax0lmjbb.jpg

And here are a few pics I took up HardKnott the other day...

20161011_081510_zpsp1xpgmdd.jpg

20161011_081429_zps5tqtc0ae.jpg

20161011_081158_zps7gh2woyg.jpg

20161011_081141_zps5rpynikq.jpg

20161011_080943_zpsizwmfami.jpg

20161011_080919_zpsbphofk4y.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks really, really good - paintwork has obviously been well cared for!

How are the centre caps holding up? I'm considering doing something similar to refresh mine. It does seem to me that the Skoda/VW centre caps do degrade pretty badly. Got black Dezent winter wheels on at the moment, with Dezent center caps. I do have a set of Skoda centre caps that came with the winter wheels but they look tatty after only one winter where as the Dezents look in much better shape on their 3rd winter so it seems possible to do something better...

The DTM splitter is very nice...think I'd have to choose between lowering and fitting something like that to my v6, unfortunately!

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. How did it's new friend turn out?

Looks really, really good - paintwork has obviously been well cared for!

How are the centre caps holding up? I'm considering doing something similar to refresh mine. It does seem to me that the Skoda/VW centre caps do degrade pretty badly. Got black Dezent winter wheels on at the moment, with Dezent center caps. I do have a set of Skoda centre caps that came with the winter wheels but they look tatty after only one winter where as the Dezents look in much better shape on their 3rd winter so it seems possible to do something better...

The DTM splitter is very nice...think I'd have to choose between lowering and fitting something like that to my v6, unfortunately!

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. How did it's new friend turn out?

Thanks mate, shes definitely been well cared for!

Modified centre caps are holding up really well, they haven't started peeling off or degrading or anything. Given that it was just a cheap mod using some stick on overlays I'm pretty pleased, it wouldn't any chore to do it again either, so even if they didn't last very long I doubt it would bother me too much.

DTM splitter really sets the car off, but with the long overhang on the superb from the front wheels to the front of the bumper and withe lowering it does catch....alot. Got to be quite careful about where you go, speed bumps still aren't really an issue, but inclines/declines are. So multistorey car parks are pretty much out! Ha!

I think ever superb needs to be at least lowered though as they sit on stilts when they're standard.

As for its new friend, the Supra. It turned out OK....still got the car but its been off the road since summer while I carry out some work. There were quite a few dodgy bits that needed tidied up, plus there is an endless amount of tuning possibility. WIll hopefully be bringing her back out around April/May looking much tidier with another 100bhp or so...

Heres a pic of it out and about before it got consigned to my garage.

IMG_20150818_222926_zpsmmp1z3sc.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...