Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

• 3 weeks later...

She must have hit the barrier then, cause when she was sideways through the bend she was full face on to the camera and there was no damage to the front end of her car.  I reckon he's lost it, clipped her nsr wheel, hit the kerb at the kink and gone head over heels for her.  Either that or she's realised her tyre had gone, and had to lift off, he's swerved to avoid a collision and flipped it over the kerb if its where I think it is.  I reckon he overtook her on his roof.  Good effort that!

What actually happened was another driver took a very late lunge down the inside of her into a corner before the video.

Something there was no space to do which involved him getting 4 points on his race license that afternoon.

This resulted in broken rear suspension which she felt approaching the next corner.

Hence she headed off track on the video with a broken car and another driver didn't allow for the speed difference and had rather a big moment.

The whole thing was caused by a driver not on the video that got 4 points for the incident.

Shame really as it put her out of the race, at the time of impact she had gone from 13th (IIRC) to 7th and was on for her first top 10 finish now she is getting used to the car.

There was damage to the rear corner of Jade's car and none to the front in the 2nd race which the video is of.

Plenty of Brisky Racing screen time there. Just not quite the way you'd have wanted.

Not much of a negative really.  Got the logo on TV!

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, BossFox said:

What actually happened was another driver took a very late lunge down the inside of her into a corner before the video.

Something there was no space to do which involved him getting 4 points on his race license that afternoon.

This resulted in broken rear suspension which she felt approaching the next corner.

Hence she headed off track on the video with a broken car and another driver didn't allow for the speed difference and had rather a big moment.

The whole thing was caused by a driver not on the video that got 4 points for the incident.

I was close though, please tell me the upside down fella passed her on his roof!  Had all the hallmarks of a blues brothers crash.

She has been a bit unlucky with accidents so far, hopefully things will sort themselves out over the season and she can start pushing on.  The lassie can drive like.

Eventful day at Silverstone yesterday, with plenty of ups and downs.

was still a good day out, but still quite a long one. Didn't get home til gone 11.

I'll leave it Richard to provide the race report

An unlucky and expensive race for all concerned by the look of it.

Hopefully that will be the bad luck done for the season...though I doubt it.

8 hours ago, B33fy said:

Great report Richard, shame about the results, I guess that's racing for you. Any luck with the skyliner?

Silverstone International with the CSCC Special Saloons and Modsports series.

lQooxH.jpg

After testing at Brands hatch some time ago and doing 1 lap in drizzle on slicks (and coming off) then 4 or 5 laps in the wet on full wets we took the R32 race car out on Sunday.

Knowing I lacked any experience on slicks as never raced on them before, had minimal seat time in the car and was a bit nervous we decided to use it like a test day.

So 4 boost settings, stuck it in 4 (wet map, low boost) and went out in qualifying to see how it felt.
Got in 5 laps, steadily picking up the pace until an ECU safety trip stopped play half way through qualifying as I was bringing the times down, still in low boost.

We were 9th out of 19 cars at this stage which I was happy with considering low boost and still bring the lap times down as I got familiar with it.
A lot of time to find still as it's clearly capable.

vSoQ18.jpg

We decided to play it safe rather than risk causing damage to something so more testing then another race on the cards at some stage.
Hopefully it's a sensor or ECU issue as was showing erratic oil pressure and at one stage let the car run but took away the throttle pedal.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Instant like, both for the car itself and for the race number! :D

Had to be done really when I saw that number was free!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...