Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

BTCC is serious money though and difficult to get going, as a lot of private teams have found out. I think that the TRC series looks excellent and is a good step up from what has been done previously. Onwards and upwards Richard and all the best in your new endeavour.

On 03/09/2017 at 17:09, BossFox said:

we've gone for the VW Motorsport Golf GTI TCR car, well proven over the last year in many TCR series.

It'd be interesting to know how much road-going Golf GTI is in there... :)

looks great, good luck with the racing.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by spk
Typo

On 04/09/2017 at 15:09, Skoda_Saint said:

BTCC is serious money though and difficult to get going, as a lot of private teams have found out. I think that the TRC series looks excellent and is a good step up from what has been done previously. Onwards and upwards Richard and all the best in your new endeavour.

Once TCR takes off in the UK it'll be interesting to see how it effects other series.

The BTCC is very expensive, with a huge fan base.  While it's Clio Cup support series uses a far more road based car but does have the kudos of being on the TOCA package.

Cost should not be that different to Clio Cup or high end Mini Championship.

Given the choice of Clios, Minis or TCR it should be a no brainer if it can get the exposure and fan base.  But that will take time.

350bhp TCR car with aero (effectively a slightly lower spec BTCC car) or a Clio/Mini largely based on a road car...

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:09, BossFox said:

Not been on here as much as I would have liked, but big things happening at Brisky Racing.

Next year sees the start of a new UK Championship, using the TCR regulations already active in 14 countries since it started two years ago.

This is planned to fit between the Clio Cup and BTCC on a cost/car scale.

We are planning a three car team, with the first already built and due for collection from Germany this month.

we've gone for the VW Motorsport Golf GTI TCR car, well proven over the last year in many TCR series.

IMG_6046.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Posted on Facebook yesterday...

Brisky Racing continue working with TeamHARD for 2018.
Four car BTCC team.

http://www.btcc.net/2017/12/01/team-hard-extends-partnership-with-brisky-racing/

Looks like Richard's going to be a busy boy next year with the new TCR team, the increase to the BTCC support and the CSCC Tin Tops.

Edited by fabikent
correct link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2017 at 22:08, fabikent said:

Posted on Facebook yesterday...

Brisky Racing continue working with TeamHARD for 2018.
Four car BTCC team.

http://www.btcc.net/2017/12/01/team-hard-extends-partnership-with-brisky-racing/

Looks like Richard's going to be a busy boy next year with the new TCR team, the increase to the BTCC support and the CSCC Tin Tops.

:D

Yes an interesting year coming up for sure.

Busy now working with TeamHARD to sort drivers etc...

TCR has amazing potential and I love the cars, but it's a slow burner at the moment.

New series, no deadlines for signing drivers coming and no lmit on grid spaces.

I think everyone is waiting to see who signs up before they commit.

• Like 3

I bet that can be a real headache when planning number of cars etc? What’s the deliver time like on the cars? If you get more interest closer to the start of the season will you have enough time to get the car?

32 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

I bet that can be a real headache when planning number of cars etc? What’s the deliver time like on the cars? If you get more interest closer to the start of the season will you have enough time to get the car?

TCR about 2 to 3 months as they come off a production line and sell worldwide.

So unless drivers decide by the new year it's going to be a rush or not viable, unless going used cars which is not my preference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I forget to read a forum thread for 8 months and it goes from CSCC tintops to BTCC involvement?!
As for drivers, I assume you need someone with financial backing? Not putting myself up for it before you ask (slower than team hard's Toby Davis!) For TCR would promoting drivers from within clios/vw cup etc for at least one seat be an idea?

On 12/18/2017 at 19:40, robt100 said:

I dunno, I forget to read a forum thread for 8 months and it goes from CSCC tintops to BTCC involvement?!
As for drivers, I assume you need someone with financial backing? Not putting myself up for it before you ask (slower than team hard's Toby Davis!) For TCR would promoting drivers from within clios/vw cup etc for at least one seat be an idea?

BTCC funding is all sorted.

TCR we are not doing.  New series, no confirmed media package means it's not appealing to sponsors.

Currently one driver signed up that's bought a car with own family/business money.

10 hours ago, spk said:

TCR series doesn’t seem to have lasted long then! Is this series effectively dead in the U.K. for the next 12 months then?

That's not my call to make.

We have pulled out for 2018 but plenty of other teams looking for people if drivers need a car...

The registration/race fees for the year are around £18k, reduced to £15k if you sign up before the end of the year.

With 10 days to go there is one driver registered.  I guess people don't want to commit to a £150k race series until they can see there are enough drivers to make it viable.

Bit of a catch 22 / chicken and egg scenario.

Shame really as it has potential and the cars are really good.

But it's actually more expensive per race than BTCC for a driver.  Especially as far easier to get sponsors in BTCC.

10 race days, 30 races opposed to 7 race days, 14 races.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, mdk1 said:

Will the Brisky Racing cars have Brisky Racing Livery Or Team Hard?

should be a fun season.

Kind of a mixture.

More Blue. :)

• Like 1

This is fantastic, looking forward to seeing the cars in action in the BTCC this year! 

Richard are there any plans for another Brisky Racing trackday in 2018, or will that have to make way for these

other commitments? 

Fantastic work so far.  Will be great to see the team whipping ass on the track. Will have to come watch some races not been in years. My cousin was head mechanic for Barry Barnes in b class touring years ago so I used to attend a lot. Will be nice to go again and have someone to cheer on 

• 2 weeks later...