Had a oil and filter change

Spark plugs changed

New aux belt

New front anti roll bar bushes

New cam belt and water pump and tensions

Tracked up all sorted

£1200 :-/

AND it needs a new windscreen and wipers :-/ hahahahaha

Just had a read through your thread again Paul and wondered if you knew how much the clutch kit & flywheel would have been?  I'm sure mine will need doing before I have it remapped and I am trying to find out how much people are being charged - it seems to vary wildly for some reason.

On another note, I'm liking the red pipes you've fitted.  I haven't got round to fitting your old black ones yet though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Right well it's been a while!!

first off cars been keep clean and now has winter wheels on

:(

engine bay has something nice and new like a dipped camo engine cover along with extra red hoses and matching dipped battery and fuse box covers. 

Also been busy with the tuning thanks to GTI in Manchester car now has stage 1 airtec intercool which has really helped at low revs and picks up loads quicker on motorway so it's win win.

also for round to fitting new rev cam and new xenons as one of mine had started to go pinky.

rear super skoda splitter is on too (not massively happy with fittment but it looks ok) 

new gear knob fitted too. 

Looks pretty good all in all 

needs his alloys back on then roll on summer :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'd be interested to know what the car feels like with a Stage 2 setup.  I've currently got a turbo back exhaust and a stage 1 RS Tuning map on mine and am wondering if it's worth the extra outlay/effort to go further?  

Also, do you have any pics of the intake system as again, it's something I'm considering for mine at some point?  

I too bought a DA polisher but am slightly nervous of using it as I don't want to make the paint look worse than it already does.  Any tips as yours looks great?

Edited by skinnyman

That’s the best pic I have atm as it’s still a work in progress!!

as for stage 2 yea it’s defo worth it but would guess all surporting mods make it to.intercooler was a big help to keep temps down! 

The DA polisher was dead easy to use and so pleased with the finish :) 

8F2CBCA8-1289-437B-BB96-2DEE17301536.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ok once again a few monthly update.

followng the huge gains on the 345mm braking front I have managed to get some 310 vented rear callipers.

mainly as when looking side on the front discs fitted the wheel really well yet the rears seemed tiny....

so headed to eBay after doing some home work and purchased a set or R32 callipers. Currently in the process of refurbish them and they will be fitted hopefully in the new year some time.

Also I was never a fan of the black metal intake pipes. Had a set made up in alloy along with the prone to break Y coolent hose/block :) when fitting these I will also be fitting the full set of creation motorsport coolent hoses.

Can will be cleaned by the valetor now as I would be getting cold or wet over winter :) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So here I go again 

not really monthly but you get the idea 

so after a full service and new plugs and packs. 

The rear 310mm kit is on and it’s a most for those who have done the 345 fronts 

the car no longer nose dives when heavy braking.

havent washed or done anything with car :/ 

kinda missing it

off for most of this month so will get it polished and cleaned 

• Like 1