What made you choose your Citigo?

kiraanastasia

Hiya, after we drove a KA and compared to a 500 we felt they lacked in safety bits and the cute looks didn't do it for us. We thought the triplets might represent better value and cheaper ownership. In the end the SKODA (best value of the 3) test drive sold us and it's more practical in many ways to the others. Love the engine noise and its VW underpinnings. Elegance spec is brill.

We've planned on having this for a long while.

Seat comfort, running costs, rear visibly, ease of driving. However, it has so far proved to be much better for the job than most cars I have had before and generally really enjoyable to own.

Customer service from Preston Garage in Writtle had a lot to do with it too.

Seat comfort, running costs, rear visibly, ease of driving. However, it has so far proved to be much better for the job than most cars I have had before and generally really enjoyable to own.

Customer service from Preston Garage in Writtle had a lot to do with it too.

If you live in Chelmsford then I'll look out for you! I was going to get one from there but got a good NHS staff offer at Essex Auto Group. 0% finance too

If you live in Chelmsford then I'll look out for you! I was going to get one from there but got a good NHS staff offer at Essex Auto Group. 0% finance too

Mines the red one with L plates and Karens driving school decals. Easy to spot!

The selling point for us was the extra ticket holder on the dash, and the fact it will do 70mpg, easy to park, cheaper than the Mil or the UpIt has a Sunfoof, it's yellow, no road tax, " I could go on................."

...................and it will go from Harrogate to Crystal Palace ( London ) and back on a full tank   :yes:

• Like 1

I fit inside it properly.

I'm 6'6", and I went around other cars like Fiat 500 & Panda, 107/108/C1/Aygo (old and new), Hyundai i10, Jazz. They were mostly just a bit short on legroom, so were a bit 'knees around the steering wheel', the 500 had the extra fun of the bar going across the roof just where my head goes back on the headrest.

The other car I did fit in for space were the new Smart and Twingo (previous car was a 2008 Smart ForTwo), but the new manual cars have NO SPACE AT ALL off the clutch pedal for your left foot, and the automatics weren't out yet (maybe they are now, they were a few months away at the time).

So that brought it down to the Up/Mii/Citigo, and for price and spec the slightly used Citigo Black Edition I bought was the best deal for me.

• 4 weeks later...

In all seriousness, probably the 0% APR. Since I was wanting the reliability of a new car, and being so young, I needed to find something cheap to insure, which limited me to 1.0.
I looked at the VW Rock Up!, and it was almost identical in spec to my Citigo, but >100 per month extra! Nuts! The £121 a month and cheap insurance plus the near 70mpg on every trip means win-win for me... (until the Polo GTI...!) [cue Hyphons smart comment :D ]

Edited by Camlep
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had an octavia tsi loved it to bits bit it wasnt getting used so thought too big to sit so changed it for citigo I love the citigo but not as much as octavias. My next project is new fabias really like them then that will take me to my 19th or 20th skoda.

Go faster stripe. Chicks DIG go faster stirpes!

Hhhm, stirps!

I'd like to point out for someone who desperately wants a Polo GTI also wants to remap his Citigo, oh the options.. Polo GTI? Or mapped Citigo, which does he choose?!

Citi Gogo?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I fit inside it properly.

This

Being 6'5", car shopping can be a chore. Also, i'd been driving an MG3 with a horrible 31mpg average and need something cheaper. The 50mpg I've been averaging since picking up my CitiGo Sport has been a huge relief.