Mirrorlink - update from Skoda UK 29/5/2015

Well said Kev I will be having a word with my dealer on Monday when I pick up the car. Sounds positive with auto express .

Sorry to be ruining your new car experience Mick!

It is a good car though, and it is great fun collecting a new one, so I hope you enjoy the day on Monday.

On a positive note, I got 72mpg out of my diesel today, can't be bad.

No worries Kev I'm still looking forward to the car but I doubt I'll get 72 mpg out a Tsi [emoji6]

Probbobly not. Im getting 44 mpg :D

• Like 1

go have a look at the Octavia III thread, Skoda UK can't even tell us what head unti will be in My2016 cars. They are tryng to say it will be the old size of amundsen updated to be the new Mk 2 - but that means it will not work with smart link as the screen size will be too small. Shambolic

go have a look at the Octavia III thread, Skoda UK can't even tell us what head unti will be in My2016 cars. They are tryng to say it will be the old size of amundsen updated to be the new Mk 2 - but that means it will not work with smart link as the screen size will be too small. Shambolic

Hello Mr left hand, meet Mr right hand........ohhh I didn't know I had a right hand.

How not to launch an infotainment system in new cars, courtesy of Skoda.

To blame anyone but themselves is beyond a joke.

• Like 1

Hi Just purchased a new Fabia Estate and was told that my Nokia was fine to interface with the Mirror link system. on delivery day found out that was not the case so extended my Vodafone contract and got a Samsung Mini S4 as it indicated that this phone would interface Not So Dealership (MSB Skoda Darlington) were excellent could not have done more but Skoda UK customer services ( or lack of) really do not want to know. Would appreciate any advice 

Hi Just purchased a new Fabia Estate and was told that my Nokia was fine to interface with the Mirror link system. on delivery day found out that was not the case so extended my Vodafone contract and got a Samsung Mini S4 as it indicated that this phone would interface Not So Dealership (MSB Skoda Darlington) were excellent could not have done more but Skoda UK customer services ( or lack of) really do not want to know. Would appreciate any advice 

Join the ranks of the frustrated and mislead.

The dealers have not got a clue, because Skoda themselves don't know.

Skoda won't recommend a phone to you, because if it is wrong then it is on them. The Mirrorlink site is one of the worst and most confusing list of pointless serial numbers I have had the mis-pleasure to encounter, and therein lies the problem.

Mirrorlink is an external site, and Skoda are scared to death of it and don't understand it. But Skoda, as you have had the great idea of putting it into our cars, deal with it you must.

All our sales contracts are with the Skoda dealers who are in turn customers of Skoda themselves, SKODA IT IS YOUR PROBLEM (how many more times?)

All you can do Pandiver is complain to the sales director at your dealership and contact Skoda UK as you have done.

The more of us that do it, the better chance we have of a result. 

Just to add salt to the wound I have just had 4 emails telling me the same thing from Skoda headquarters

Dear customers,

Starting from June 2015, you can download the up-to-date version of maps for your navigation systems. The optimal route calculations featuring the

current maps are both cost-effective and environmentally-friendly.

Would be nice if I could use them Joe

There must be New Skoda 111 owners in other countries, some who have found Briskoda Net, and are having infotainment problems it might be worth asking foreign contributors to these pages if they have any Skoda Support Groups in their own countries which could amalgamate with a push against Skoda Global Joe

1st post here.. Hi all.

We'll be taking delivery of our Fabia SEL hatch in a week or so I guess. It's on Skoda's current offer on new in-stock vehicles which I suppose will mean we will have the same Mirrorlink issues everyone else is reporting here.

Won't worry too much about it.

Although.. I watch this thread with interest as it shows a car manufacturer dithering over actually being responsible, and seemingly struggling with delivering the modern digital systems it sells. Did they employ Bill Gates to shoe-horn Mirrorlink into its Bolero Infotainment thingy? I'd laugh if I wasn't old and crotchety..

Anyway, I'll just connect my smartphone via bluetooth for the audio, and - here's the reason for my input - use MY COPILOT to look at the screen and relay to me the directions I need!!

The problem with modern cars is the sheer number of distractions in the cockpit, so the absence of navigation on-screen due to Mirrorlink not playing ball across the Skoda range has already probably saved 100's of lives by keeping wandering eyes where they should be.. on the road!

The one good thing about the Sygic Nav app (the only one that works) is that it has a heads-up plug-in option. I'd like to see car manufacturers obliged by law to provide heads-up displays as standard... at the very least, but sat navs really should be banned, at least in their current form. Any inventors out there fancy a challenge?

Sorry.

And.. Hi!!

Eddy

Edited by EdinKent
  • Like 1

Still waiting to hear back from my dealer with a solution, and have heard nothing in the last couple of days since Auto Express got involved.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know.

Anyone else having any luck with Skoda?

I'm having no luck I also tried Skoda finance they just passed it back to customer services , and I tweeted watchdog . Might try auto express later if I enough time.

I've just had a phone call from a manager at Skoda customer service at last . They are still saying its mirrorlink and ccc that are the problem. One of my arguments was going to be it should it would work with iPhone as it says on the connectivity page .Unfortunately I'm colour blind and can't tell difference between red and green circles [emoji16]

I have asked if we can retrofit the newer bolero or Amundsen units and he was going ask his tech team if all GPs etc will be in the car to allow a swap over without any other remedial work being done .

He did say that any software updates from Mirrorlink and ccc will be made available to us.

So not good news but I think there is some hope to look forward to a fix imho. He said he would be in touch on Tuesday .

• Like 2

I have today heard from my dealer, who has had a couple of lengthy conversations with Skoda UK.

Skoda UK's stance has not changed, Mirrorlink is not faulty is the current response.

They are missing the point of my complaint, which is that I was told I would get an update around week 22 for my current Bolero radio.

The dealership has asked me to put my feelings into writing via e-mail, which I am about to do, so that maybe it can be escalated higher up the food chain as it were.

I suggest, perhaps, that if anyone else feels the same, that they also e-mail their dealers, as this seems to be the current course of action.

Auto Express still investigating, and i'm still plugging away.

• Like 2

I'm Waiting to hear back from customer services on Tuesday but I emailed a complaint to them on 30th May .I Think that's only reason I got the phone call . I will Talk to the dealer on Monday .

• Like 3

Spoke to Skoda again today asking for a list of compatible phones they could not even do that via there customer service people then a manager called me and told me to go to Skoda UK and it is there, maybe it is just me but an hour later I can not find it. Big Skoda event last weekend I called 3 franchises enquiring about the Fabia and a problem with the Mirror Link and was told no problem and if it clichés blue tooth the satnav.  Awaiting Trading Standards' to gat back to me I think we all should contact them.   

Spoke to Skoda again today asking for a list of compatible phones they could not even do that via there customer service people then a manager called me and told me to go to Skoda UK and it is there, maybe it is just me but an hour later I can not find it. Big Skoda event last weekend I called 3 franchises enquiring about the Fabia and a problem with the Mirror Link and was told no problem and if it clichés blue tooth the satnav.  Awaiting Trading Standards' to gat back to me I think we all should contact them.   

You're right. It doesn't seem to be there. (It's also nice to see that the Technology-link for Fabia hatch doesn't work.) I assume they want you to find this URL http://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/, but it really doesn't provide much usefull information. It's lacking in models and is in conflict with what was said in the beginning of this thread (that the compatible phones are listed at mirrorlink.com). There's a lot more comprehensive thread on this issue at http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/342765-mirrorlink/, but sadly you won't be able to find much help there either. Just more frustration on how crappy MirrorLink really is and how clueless everyone at Skoda is about that. A lot of open questions with no real answers. At this point I'm pretty happy my Fabia will arrive in Sept. with SmartLink, so I can (hopefully) forget about MirrorLink and just use Android Auto. With the original Boleros stuck with just MirrorLink, I hope Skoda gets their act together and offers an upgrade one way or another. The information on that is long overdue. Early adopters are being kept in a limbo, and surrounded with conflicting and unhelpfull information, which shows communication inside Skoda has issues.

• Like 1

Got myself a new phone over the weekend LG G4, without even checking if it was compatible I was going to buy it anyway, but upon checking the mirrorlink website my phone model h815 (G4) should be good to go on the car but I just couldn't get it to connect via mirror link. Does the car have version 1.1?

Tsk.. it bothers me that they don't even see it as an issue as if we are annoying flies. Mind you, enough midges can ruin your day!

• Like 1

Having just picked up my new Fabia today I can safely say the Car is great but what a let down with Mirrorlink all I got was please connect a usb device and that was that. No update from dealer either. Just as well the cars is great or I would really be hacked off with this Farce.