vRS Mk. II 1.4 litre twincharger oil consumption issues

On 03/09/2019 at 10:49, Fitzwilliam said:

[SNIP]

It would appear that the numerous suggestions from other VRS owners that lots of short journeys after cold starts gives high oil consumption is right on the money.

[SNIP]

In my experience this is right on the money.

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2019 at 22:19, Sittingbull said:

Skoda UK deemed our consumption level of a litre of oil per 700 miles to be poor enough it warranted them supplying and fitting a new engine back in 2014. New engine zero consumption. 

Hey all, first time posting, but have been reading your posts for 1.5years. so many good posts here!! On this topic wanted to share that Skoda Australia also deemed 1L/1000kms as bad enough to replace my engine. New engine has used only 150ml in 5000kms, very happy!

• Like 1

@LSvRS

Welcome.

They could hardly not consider using  twice as much as they say new engines might use in 1,000 km when being run in as within tolerances or acceptable..

0.5 litres used in 621 miles was and is too much oil, they have in the past replaced engines that under official tests used 0.3 litres in 1,000 km / 621 miles.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2019 at 22:17, Roottootemoot said:

@LSvRS

Welcome.

They could hardly not consider using  twice as much as they say new engines might use in 1,000 km when being run in as within tolerances or acceptable..

0.5 litres used in 621 miles was and is too much oil, they have in the past replaced engines that under official tests used 0.3 litres in 1,000 km / 621 miles.

Cheers! Yeah right. Well it was no easy road, 6 visits to the dealer over 6 months and 3 X 1 hour long telephone calls with Skoda to finally get it replaced, including 4 oil refills and the oil breather replacement. Was lucky the car was under dealer warranty! But also very grateful to all who posted about this issue, including details of part numbers as this armed me with enough info to go toe to toe with them. Thanks to all on this forum!

• Like 3

There are some here from Australia that had no run around with twincharger or DSG issues and others that were made to jump through hoops.

In the UK where Skoda / VW are on a mission to deny everything there is no Government Agency or Courts to back up owners like you have in Australia where VW Group can get actions taken against them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello guys, I've installed TD0520G and have some problems with huge oil consumption. The turbo is ok and the engine is 20k kilometers after full rebuild. The main problem that oil comes from intake - so I've changed crankcase breather but that is not helping much. What could be other reasons or possible solutions?

• 3 months later...

Hi ive currently  got a 11reg 1.4vrs mk2 was using oil from when I had got it 4years ago going on 5 now be running ok but plugs got dirty anyways at 59k timing chain slipped have had repaired since at £1000 had back 2k since was using oil again now at 62k misfire on port3 all coils etc ok garage says piston ring as oil in port 3 on piston burning oil ok now full engine rebuild at £1450 now in progress hopefully prob fixed problem 

1 minute ago, djdean75 said:

Hi ive currently  got a 11reg 1.4vrs mk2 was using oil from when I had got it 4years ago going on 5 now be running ok but plugs got dirty anyways at 59k timing chain slipped have had repaired since at £1000 had back 2k since was using oil again now at 62k misfire on port3 all coils etc ok garage says piston ring as oil in port 3 on piston burning oil ok now full engine rebuild at £1450 now in progress hopefully prob fixed problem 

• 6 months later...

I am new to this forum - I read a lot but have not posted before. I have a 2011 Fabia vrs which has engine problems like lots of others around oil consumption. The EPC light came on I took it into the garage and they think it quite likely needs a new engine. What cost am I looking at to get it fixed and is it worth it?