Superb Order tracker

New message today - it is now apparently "due in" - they reckon delivery before the end of the month!

I have been told they will have a Reg. No. in the next 2 days - I assume they have to have the vehicle in their possession to register it.

Excitement level increasing!

• Like 1

Video the handover experience

Well I broached the subject of videoing with my dealer and he said,

"Of course you can video the whole handover experience. It's quite simple: 

• Welcome and explain the paperwork
  • Small guided tour of our works - car detailing, bodywork shop, paint shop - so that you know about all that we can do
  • Handover of your new Superb with explanation of the details and going step by step through all the special options
  • Attaching the number plates [in Switzerland I will bring them with me - they are allocated to a person and vehicle - the vehicle can change]
  • Short test drive to explain ACC, etc.
  • Done!" 

I find that so positive and uncomplicated, I can't wait! 

So far I have had excellent service with my contact at the dealership (the Sales Director) - every time it is confirmed again and again by the honesty and transparency they practice. 

Been waiting 3 weeks now for a build week, was informed it was scheduled to be handed over to production on the 14th of July. Rang today and was told the factory is on holidays till next week, does not look good for the 6-8 week lead time I was quoted :blink:

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:36, DH- Leeds said:

New message today - it is now apparently "due in" - they reckon delivery before the end of the month!

Hope mine was on the same boat as told last week car had passed customs waiting for the boat. Think we are about the same time scales if I remember

20 hours ago, MaddicIrl said:

Rang today and was told the factory is on holidays

Believe they shutdown for 2 weeks in July, so much to continental shift work that we got from Europe , they need to take a leaf out of their own book then

Hope it does not delay the process too much for you, just bloody annoying I know 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:51, SwissRob said:

"Of course you can video the whole handover experience. It's quite simple: 

• Welcome and explain the paperwork
  • Small guided tour of our works - car detailing, bodywork shop, paint shop - so that you know about all that we can do
  • Handover of your new Superb with explanation of the details and going step by step through all the special options
  • Attaching the number plates [in Switzerland I will bring them with me - they are allocated to a person and vehicle - the vehicle can change]
  • Short test drive to explain ACC, etc.
  • Done!" 

Well a video of our handover would be quite boring compared to this

1/ arrive at dealer to pick up

2/ sign paperwork and pay any remaining balance

3/ sales rep takes you to your car, hands you your keys, check

4/ a quick run through of the car, he then asks you if there is anything you want to be shown, where they try to explain more than likely making a fool of them selves as more often than not they know less than you.

when I went for a test drive they did not have a SEL Exec(Style I believe to you) in to take a drive so I went out in an SE (model below) on return I asked I asked if they had a sport in so I could sample the drive modes (sport mainly) as I felt normal mode a bit hairy fairy. sales rep says SE has it and I told him not as standard he did not believe me and went and checked. on getting out of the car he say no it does not:wall: !!! So I went to test drive a VW Passat 150 with the drive modes to get the feel.

So when I pick my car up I will do the necessary steps and take the keys and just drive off into the sunset, well rain probably lol

On 15/07/2017 at 16:34, MaddicIrl said:

Been waiting 3 weeks now for a build week, was informed it was scheduled to be handed over to production on the 14th of July. Rang today and was told the factory is on holidays till next week, does not look good for the 6-8 week lead time I was quoted :blink:

i think things are generally better than back in 2011/2012.

Mine took 7 months and 3 weeks then!

3 hours ago, DH- Leeds said:

i think things are generally better than back in 2011/2012.

Mine took 7 months and 3 weeks then!

Thanks DH, I wish that gave me comfort! :biggrin:

33 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Thanks DH, I wish that gave me comfort! :biggrin:

Keep the faith

I was quoted September and it's in the UK awaiting delivery on 27th.

The factory holidays will obviously slow things up - 8 weeks was probably about right unless you had loads of extras - so maybe 10 weeks from order - if it went in straight away.

I suppose it also depend how many ships go to Ireland from Emden - there seems to be a constant flow to the UK mainland but maybe fewer to Ireland.

What did you order?

• Like 1

I ordered a 190 manual sportline hatch, not many extras, just heated rear seats, Amundsen with traffic assist, travel assist, dynamic steering, moon white, spare wheel and 19" Vega alloys. Columbus and Vega not standard here :speechless:

I'm not sure but I believe the Irish cars are transported via truck to Ireland from the UK, i.e. not shipped directly.

52 minutes ago, EoinM said:

The ship definitely comes into port here. I was able to track my vrs two years ago. 

Thanks Eoin! Good to know, I guess all those cars in the docks area could not have come in by transporter.

Posted in the updates thread as well but Can anyone confirm who as taken delivery of a SEL exec in the UK with the newer 9.2" screen, whether or not it still has the dvd unit in the glove box please