Visually etc. My car of the day -today

vrskeith

Saw a McLaren 540c coupe S-A in a local Sainsbury’s, reg X1 VRR. Suspect the owner was in the next door gym, after all not going to get their weeks shopping in the boot are they 😏

I thought it was a Porsche when i spotted it and then when up to it had the Lotus badge and then the calipers in Black with LOTUS on them.

NHS Beige just like the Top Gear car they did. 

Edited by Rooted

• 2 weeks later...

Had a day out to West Bay in Dorset today.  Sat in the bar of the West Bay Hotel and what pulls up right outside where I'm sat, but:

IMG_9021.thumb.jpeg.51cbf1dbc51e393dcd68d2b93f844bb4.jpeg

IMG_9023.thumb.jpeg.d9cd97e289322ce65d12780637ef27f1.jpeg

Stunning 😎

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Okay, so it's not technically a car 🙄  But I spotted this little tonka toy at my local Mercedes this afternoon:

IMG_9162.thumb.jpeg.387d04ca56bb6bcb8607f4b33e800de5.jpeg

And I want one 😎 (Quite possibly more than the A110 :blush)

Gaz

I've wanted a Unimog for years now but no way I could justify the purchase. 

See loads here doing all sorts of tasks with all the attachments they can be fitted with. I saw one with a pair of roller brushes (like a car wash but vertical) on a hydraulic arm. It's purpose was to clean the snow poles :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, @Lee said:

I've wanted a Unimog for years now but no way I could justify the purchase. 

See loads here doing all sorts of tasks with all the attachments they can be fitted with. I saw one with a pair of roller brushes (like a car wash but vertical) on a hydraulic arm. It's purpose was to clean the snow poles :D

2 of our plant hire contractors have them fitted for rail mounting and with one pulling and one pushing for brakes can haul over 500 Tonnes of ballast across 8 tipping rail trailers.

unimogs are brilliant.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

2 of our plant hire contractors have them fitted for rail mounting and with one pulling and one pushing for brakes can haul over 500 Tonnes of ballast across 8 tipping rail trailers.

unimogs are brilliant.

I was watching one of them on Secrets of the London Underground a couple of weeks ago. Theirs was only used for shunting carriages in the yard though. Quite old as well so I doubt that one could pull/ push anywhere near that weight.

Got to love a Unimog...   I remember as a kid having a die cast yellow 406, which was probably a corgi.  It might even still be at my mums house somewhere... 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, @Lee said:

I was watching one of them on Secrets of the London Underground a couple of weeks ago. Theirs was only used for shunting carriages in the yard though. Quite old as well so I doubt that one could pull/ push anywhere near that weight.

age isnt much of an issue with the mogs. the ones our lads have are fairly old too, but a good overhaul and they'll put out savage torque and power

• Like 1